Touch Screen Controllers Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market||Asia Pacific|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Touch Screen Controllers Market Analysis
The Touch Screen Controllers Market is expected to grow by registering a CAGR of about 14.9% over the forecast period. The growing adoption of devices having touch screens feature across various industries, including consumer electronics and the automotive industry, in products like smart home appliances, door locking systems, biometric devices, and automobile infotainment systems are driving the growth of the market studied.
- Touch screen controllers are converters, as they detect the touch sensor input and send the desired user action of pressure or touch to the device. In touch screen devices, sensors are incorporated with touch screen controllers to help the device understand and recognize sophisticated touch functions from the user. In recent years, the demand for these devices has grown significantly, owing to the increasing adoption of touchscreen features across various end-user industry devices.
- For instance, the smartphone industry has grown significantly in the last decade to become a common household name. The increasing awareness about the affordability of digital technologies of these devices compared to PCs and desktops further propelled the smartphone industry's growth. According to a 2021 Ericsson Mobility report, the deployment of 4G LTE networks has been crucial in generating 5.5 billion new smartphone connections worldwide since 2011, which is expected to grow further as 5G technology takes over the communication industry.
- Technological investments in touch-based gesture recognition further propelled the market growth by supporting gestures, such as slide, pinch-to-zoom, swipe (or flick), twist, and press-and-hold (or long press). In addition to increased touch screen units shipped, projected capacitive touch screens are replacing resistive technology in automotive applications, driving the demand for capacitive touch screen controllers.
- However, with so many requirements to fulfill, creating a high-quality touch interface is challenging. These different requirements can sometimes conflict, leading to trade-offs unless the system is designed smartly. Additionally, challenges in achieving correct power consumption and refresh rate are among the factors restraining the growth of the market studied.
- As touch screens have proven to be an integral part of the digital world, the demand for touch screen devices remained steady even during the pandemic, even though COVID-19 severely impacted many businesses. The demand shooter up sharply, especially in the personal device segment, as measures taken by the government, such as travel restrictions and restrictions on the availability of several people at a place, forced the organizations to shift to remote work setup. With the hybrid work culture expected to stay, the demand for smart devices with touchscreen features is expected to remain high, which will have a similar impact on the growth of the market studied.
Touch Screen Controllers Market Trends
Consumer Electronics to Hold a Major Market Share
- Consumer electronics is one of the market's most essential and significant segments. The fast-paced demand for new and innovative products has seen touch screens being embraced by multiple products. Mobiles, tablets, wearables, laptops, and PCs are among the few consumer electronic products that have adopted touch capabilities on a broader scale. Recently, products such as refrigerators, washing machines, copiers, etc., all have been equipped with touch-enabled interfaces to offer a better consumer experience and create a differentiated demand.
- Considering the increasing acceptance of touchscreen technology, most vendors include this technology in consumer electronic devices, such as cameras, portable music players, exercise equipment, doorbell video monitors, etc., which positively impacts the demand for touchscreen controllers. For instance, in July 2022, Xiaomi, a leading consumer electronics company, launched Smart Home Screen 6 with a 5.45-inch touchscreen display with a 960 x 480 px resolution.
- The competition in the wearables segment is expected to grow as it has become more affordable. Furthermore, the increased functionality, such as calling, SMS tracking, etc., being incorporated into these devices is also driving their sales. With the touchscreen feature increasingly taking place in the wearables industry, its growth is expected to positively impact the touchscreen controller market.
- Furthermore, smartphone adoption increased significantly in recent years. According to Ericsson, in 2021, smartphone subscriptions reached 6,340 million globally. Foldable mobile phones are expected to increase competition in the market for controllers that support these systems. 5G devices are expected to sustain further mobile device growth and boost the market segment's demand.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific Expected to Hold Significant Market Share
- The Asia-Pacific region witnessed remarkable growth in the last few decades; sectors such as industrial, automotive, and consumer electronics have grown significantly, especially in the countries, such as China, South Korea, Japan, and India, among others. For instance, according to OICA, China was the leading automobile manufacturer, with a total production of automobiles reaching just over 26 million in 2021.
- China is also among the leading producer of electric vehicles. According to the China Association of Automobile Manufacturers (CAAM), the country produced about 3.5 million units of new energy vehicles, including 2.9 million battery-electric vehicles. As touch screens are increasingly being used in automobiles, especially in the automotive infotainment systems, the growth of the automobile industry is expected to drive the demand for touch screen controllers in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Smartwatches and innovative bracelets are also witnessing a huge spike in adoption across various countries in the Asia-Pacific region. The declining cost, along with these devices' innovative design and features is significantly attracting consumers' attention, especially the younger generation. Furthermore, the increasing disposable income of the middle class is also among the major factor driving their demand.
- The declining cost of consumer electronics, such as smartphones and tablet PCs, the growing adoption of simplicity in the user interface, and government initiatives toward E-learning education have further encouraged the usage of intelligent consumer electronic devices. Such trends are also expected to have a notable impact on the growth of the market studied.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Touch Screen Controllers Industry Overview
The touchscreen controller market is highly competitive and consists of several major players. Major players, such as NXP Semiconductors, Texas Instruments Incorporated, STMicroelectronics, Microchip Technology Inc., etc., govern industry rivalry. The companies focus on developing differentiated products for various applications to gain a competitive advantage over other players.
October 2022 - Haier, a leading consumer electronics company, launched its new AI-enabled Washing Machine series Haier 979 in India. The washing machine is also IoT-enabled, enabling the user to use smartphone apps and voice assistant devices to access the machine and its functions. The washing machine includes a direct motion motor and a new touchscreen control panel.
October 2022 - Goodix Technology, a chip designer and solutions provider in China, announced that it is expanding its range of touch controllers for in-vehicle displays with the GA687X single-chip solution, which supports large displays from 12.3 to 27 inches diagonal. According to the company, the chip achieves a refresh rate of up to 250 Hz and a response time of 10 ms to allow users to control functions without latency.
Touch Screen Controllers Market Leaders
Renesas Electronic Corporation
Texas Instruments Incorporated
Microchip Technology Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Touch Screen Controllers Market News
- June 2022 - Review Display Systems (RDS), display solutions, and embedded systems provider announced the availability of a new generation of projected capacitive (PCAP) touchscreens from AMT. The availability of an extensive range of high-quality PCAP touchscreens, touch controllers, and drivers will enable the company to provide dependable, fully integrated touch solutions.
- June 2022 - Microchip Technology Inc. announced the maXTouch Knob-on-Display (KoD) family of touchscreen controllers. It is the first automotive-grade touchscreen controller family to natively support the detection and reporting of capacitive rotary encoders and mechanical switches on top of a touch panel.
Touch Screen Controllers Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Technology Snapshot
4.4 Assessment of the Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increase in the Number of Smart Devices
5.1.2 Increased Usage across Various Industries
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Complexities Associated with the Technology
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Type
6.2 By End-user
6.2.3 Consumer Electronics
6.2.7 Other End-users
6.3 By Geography
6.3.1 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
18.104.22.168 South Korea
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.3.4 Latin America
126.96.36.199 Rest of Latin America
6.3.5 Middle East & Africa
188.8.131.52 United Arab Emirates
184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
220.127.116.11 South Africa
18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle East & Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 NXP Semiconductors
7.1.2 Renesas Electronic Corporation
7.1.3 SAMSUNG Electronics Co. Ltd
7.1.4 Texas Instruments Incorporated
7.1.5 Analog Devices Inc.
7.1.7 MELFAS Co. Ltd
7.1.8 Synaptics Incorporated
7.1.9 Semtech Corporation
7.1.10 Microchip Technology Inc.
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OUTLOOK OF THE MARKET
Touch Screen Controllers Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Touch Screen Controllers Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Touch Screen Controllers Market?
The Touch Screen Controllers Market is growing at a CAGR of 14.9% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Touch Screen Controllers Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Touch Screen Controllers Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Touch Screen Controllers Market?
NXP Semiconductors, STMicroelectronics, Renesas Electronic Corporation, Texas Instruments Incorporated, Microchip Technology Inc. are the major companies operating in Touch Screen Controllers Market.
Touch Screen Controller Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Touch Screen Controller market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Touch Screen Controller analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.