|Study Period:||2016 - 2026|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||Asia Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The market for Polyurethane Elastomers is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 3% during the forecast period. Major factors driving the market studied are increasing demand from footwear industry and growing application in automotive and consumer goods industries.Lower durability and environmental concerns caused by polyurethane are expected to hinder the growth of the market studied.
- Footwear industry dominated the market and is expected to grow during the forecast period owing to the increasing population.
- In automobile industry polyurethane elastomers are used in the manufacture of body panels and bumpers increasing the scope for this market in the coming years.
- Increasing demand for bio-based polyurethane products could act as an opportunity for this market in the coming years.
- Asia-Pacific region dominated the market for polyurethane elastomers with India, China, Japan as major countries in consumption.
Scope of the Report
The Polyurethane Elastomers market report is segmented by application, type, and geography. By application, the market is segmented into Footwear, Industrial Machinery, Automotive & Transportation, and Others. By rype, the market is segmented into Thermoplastic, and Thermoset. The report also covers the market size and forecasts for the polyurethane elastomers market in 15 countries across major regions. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done on the basis of revenue (USD million).
|Automotive & Transportation|
Key Market Trends
Footwear Industry Representing the Fastest Growing Market
- Polyurethane elastomers are class of the polyurethane group that have the characteristics of rubber.Polyurethane elastomers are formed by combining hard (isocyanate) and elastic (polyol) parts and changing these selections creates the superior quality of the polyurethane elastomers.
- Polyurethane Elastomers are majorly used in footwear industry to produce high tensile and flexible soles using formulations that regulate flexibility ranging from temperatures ‘0 degree Celsius to 80 degree Celsius’ thereby producing superior quality and durable products increasing the scope for this market.
- In 2019, the average revenue generated by the shoe industry in the United States per person was USD 277.09 which is about USD 60 higher than the revenue generated in 2018 hence, showing rapid growth in this sector.
- Growing population is aiding the market for footwear industry in countries like China, India, Japan creating a major market for polyurethane elastomers.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia Pacific region is expected to dominate the market for vinyl ester during the forecast period. In countries like China, India due to the increasing applications in footwear and other consumer goods industries like leather, and automotive, the market for polyurethane elastomers has been increasing.
- The largest producers of polyurethane elastomers are located in Asia-Pacific. Some of the leading companies in the production of polyurethane elastomers are Tosoh Corporation, INOAC CORPORATION, Huntsman Corp, Mitsui Chemicals.Inc, Wanhua Chemical Group Co.Ltd
- The Leather industry in India accounts for around 12.9% of the world’s leather production which constitutes 9% of the world’s footwear production increasing demand for this market in the region.
- Elastomers of polyurethane are also used where high degree of dynamic stress is anticipated. These elastomers are also used as coatings when corrosion resistance is preferred, for inhibiting moisture transmission, preventing abrasion damage.
- The physical properties of polyurethane elastomers like tensile strength, compression strength, and tear strength is increasing its demand in automobile industry.
- The aforementioned factors, coupled with government support, are contributing to the increasing demand polyurethane elastomers during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The global polyurethane elastomers market is fragmented with players accounting for a marginal share of the market. Few companies include Tosoh Corporation, INOAC CORPORATION, Huntsman Corp, Mitsui Chemicals.Inc,Wanhua Chemical Group Co.Ltd.
- In January 2021, Lanxess developed a new Adiprene polyurethane elastomer. The 95 Shore A hardness elastomer gives low heat build-up in rollers that move quickly and are highly stressed.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Demand from Footwear Industry
4.1.2 Growing Application in Automotive and Consumer Goods Industries
4.2.1 Lower Durability of Polyurethane Elastomers
4.2.2 Environmental Concerns Caused by Polyurethane
4.2.3 Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.2 Industrial Machinery
5.1.3 Automotive & Transportation
184.108.40.206 South Korea
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
220.127.116.11 South Africa
18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 American Urethane,Inc
6.4.3 Covestro AG
6.4.5 Huntsman Corp
6.4.6 INOAC CORPORATION (BASF)
6.4.8 Mitsui Chemicals, Inc
6.4.9 Ravelast Polymers
6.4.10 Tosoh Corporation
6.4.11 The Lubrizol Corporation
6.4.12 Unicast Engineered Urethane Products
6.4.13 Wanhua Chemical Group Co.,Ltd.
6.4.14 Weaver Industries,Inc
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Increasing Demand for Bio-based Polyurethane Elastomers
7.2 Other Opportunities
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Polyurethane Elastomers Market market is studied from 2016 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Polyurethane Elastomers Market?
The Polyurethane Elastomers Market is growing at a CAGR of >3% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Polyurethane Elastomers Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Polyurethane Elastomers Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Polyurethane Elastomers Market?
Tosoh Corporation , Mitsui Chemicals.Inc , Wanhua Chemical Group Co.Ltd. , INOAC CORPORATION , Huntsman International LLC are the major companies operating in Polyurethane Elastomers Market.