Philippines Ceramic Tiles Market Size
|Study Period||2019 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Market Size (2023)||USD 3.66 Million|
|Market Size (2028)||USD 4.95 Million|
|CAGR (2023 - 2028)||6.26 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Philippines Ceramic Tiles Market Analysis
The Philippines Ceramic Tiles Market size is expected to grow from USD 3.66 million in 2023 to USD 4.95 million by 2028, at a CAGR of 6.26% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Some of the major factors fuelling the demand for the ceramic tiles industry in the country are increasing construction activities, rising disposable income, and increased population in the country.
- Furthermore, the growing urbanization in the country will further lead to surging demands for utilities and, subsequently, to increased housing demands. This trend is estimated to be consistent over the forecast period and is expected to boost the ceramic tiles market growth.
- The companies are using the latest production technology automation, such as monopteros or single-fire technology, to enhance product quality and improve the cost efficiency of ceramic tiles. The ceramic tiles are distributed in the Philippines through exclusive and nonexclusive distributors. Distributors pass these products on to dealers (who sell to end-users) or retail the products themselves.
- The increased use of ceramic tiles was much higher than predicted, resulting in increased market demand and growth in the ceramic tile industry. Companies must improve their quality with specific and modern ceramic tile technology in order to compete in domestic and international markets at reasonable prices. Most Philippine ceramic tiles are now using the most recent ceramic tile technology, such as monopteros or single-fire technology, to improve product quality and, as a result, the ceramic tile industry's cost efficiency.
- Ceramic tiles are superior to regular tiles because they are aesthetically pleasing, solid, and long-lasting. These are some of the critical factors that have led to the use of ceramic tiles on numerous construction sites throughout the Philippines.
- In the Philippines, ceramic tiles are seen as one of the most important yet common forms of materials to be used in construction. China is the leading importer of ceramic tiles in the country. The country also imports ceramic tiles, with Italian tiles accounting for 3% and Spanish tiles accounting for 9% of total ceramic tile imports to the Philippines. In terms of exports, Japan remains the key foreign market for ceramic tile exports from the Philippines, followed by American Samoa and the United States.
Philippines Ceramic Tiles Market Trends
Growth of Construction Sector to Drive Demand for Ceramic Tiles
- The growth of the Philippines' ceramic tiles industry is hinged on the growth of the construction industry, which is the related industry of the property sector. The construction business in the country is currently witnessing positive growth, with a rise in residential as well as commercial construction throughout the country.
- As of 2022, the gross value added generated by the construction sector in the Philippines was approximately 1.4 trillion Philippine pesos. The construction sector's value-added has fluctuated over the last four years. On March 28, 2019, the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) and the Philippine Contractors Association (PCA) launched the Construction Industry Roadmap 2020-2030 with the theme "Tatag at Tapat 2030," which will ensure the sustainability of the construction industry's growth and competitiveness. The roadmap will also serve as a supplement to the government's massive infrastructure program, "Build Build Build."
- The increase in residential buildings is likely to boost the demand for ceramic tiles as ceramic tiles find application for floorings and walls during the construction of buildings. Ceramic tiles are used widely in houses as they are durable, offer lower maintenance, and are cost-effective. Ceramic tiles are mainly used in the living room, kitchen and bathroom walls, and other spaces. These products are commercially available in a wide range of colors, sizes, and textures, thus gaining consumer attraction for high-end flooring applications.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Floor Tiles is the Dominant Category
- When it comes to home interior design, one of the most important elements is ceramic floor tiles in the Philippines. Floor tiles help improve the aesthetic appeal of houses. Mosaic tiles are one of the most popular floor tile designs in the Philippines. Mosaics are known for being a mix of colors and patterns that help create one final design. Ease of replacement and installation are some major characteristics of ceramic tiles which makes them ideal for flooring.
- The growing presence of designers and architects for the application of porcelain ceramic tiles for flooring in the non-residential segment is anticipated to fuel product demand. The growing development of residential infrastructures, such as apartments and housing units, and non-residential infrastructure in the country, such as agricultural, institutional, industrial, and commercial, are also witnessing an increase in demand for ceramic floor tiles in the country.
Philippines Ceramic Tiles Industry Overview
The ceramic tile business in the Philippines is distinguished by a blend of local and international brands. The market is competitive, with a large number of companies in the business. While no dominating businesses control the industry, certain corporations have built a strong presence and enjoy a significant market share. However, with technological advancement and product innovation, mid-size to smaller companies are increasing their market presence by securing new contracts and tapping new markets.
Some of the leading players in the market are Mariwasa Siam Ceramics Inc, Formosa Ceramic Tiles Manufacturing Corp. (Ten Zen Tiles), Eurotiles Industrial Corp., White Horse Ceramic, La Europa Ceramica, Floor Center, TILE Center, Machuca Tile, Galleria Ceramica, Niro Ceramic Philippines Inc. among others.
Philippines Ceramic Tiles Market Leaders
Mariwasa Siam Ceramics Inc
Formosa Ceramic Tiles Manufacturing Corp. (Ten Zen Tiles)
Eurotiles Industrial Corp.
White Horse Ceramic
La Europa Ceramica
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Philippines Ceramic Tiles Market News
- March 2023: After two long years of working around the online space due to the pandemic, Mariwasa, the pioneer in the Philippine ceramic tile industry, returned to a face-to-face setup for the 26th edition of WORLDBEX at the World Trade Center, Pasay City, where they featured their latest innovative home solutions. Mariwasa will be transformed from the manufacturer and seller of tiles to offering a variety of decorative surfaces and bath sets, which are provided by DSB.
- September 2022: The Philippines biggest home retailer expanded its countrywide presence and recently opened their 80th milestone store in Calapan City, on the island of Mindoro. On the occasion of its 80th store opening in Calapan City, Oriental Mindoro, the Philippines' leading home improvement and construction retailer Wilcon Depot has reached another milestone.
Philippines Ceramic Tiles Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS AND DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Growth In Construction Sector
4.2.2 Growth In Real Estate Market
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Volatile Raw Material Prices
4.3.2 Availability of Substitutes
4.4 Market Opportunities
4.5 Value Chain/Supply Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.6.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.7 Insights on Latest Technologies Used in the Industry
4.8 Inisghts on Regulatory Standards for Ceramic Tiles in Philippines
4.9 Insights on Design Tile Trends in the Industry
4.10 Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Product
5.1.3 Scratch Free
5.1.4 Other Products
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Floor Tiles
5.2.2 Wall Tiles
5.2.3 Other Tiles
5.3 By Construction Type
5.3.1 New Construction
5.3.2 Replacement and Renovation
5.4 By End-User
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Market Competion Overview
6.2 Company Profiles
6.2.1 Mariwasa Siam Ceramics Inc.
6.2.2 Formosa Ceramic Tiles Manufacturing Corp. (Ten Zen Tiles)
6.2.3 Eurotiles Industrial Corp.
6.2.4 White Horse Ceramic
6.2.5 La Europa Ceramica
6.2.6 Floor Center
6.2.7 TILE Center
6.2.8 Machuca Tile
6.2.9 Galleria Ceramica
6.2.10 Niro Ceramic Philippines Inc
6.2.11 Reyaimpex Pvt. Ltd
6.2.12 MOZZAICO BGC
6.2.15 Dynasty Ceramic
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
8. DISCLAIMER AND ABOUT US
Philippines Ceramic Tiles Market Research FAQs
How big is the Philippines Ceramic Tiles Market?
The Philippines Ceramic Tiles Market size is expected to reach USD 3.66 million in 2023 and grow at a CAGR of 6.26% to reach USD 4.95 million by 2028.
What is the current Philippines Ceramic Tiles Market size?
In 2023, the Philippines Ceramic Tiles Market size is expected to reach USD 3.66 million.
Who are the key players in Philippines Ceramic Tiles Market?
Mariwasa Siam Ceramics Inc, Formosa Ceramic Tiles Manufacturing Corp. (Ten Zen Tiles), Eurotiles Industrial Corp., White Horse Ceramic and La Europa Ceramica are the major companies operating in the Philippines Ceramic Tiles Market.
Ceramic Tile in Philippines Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Ceramic Tile in Philippines market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Ceramic Tile in Philippines analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.