North American Market for Catalysts in Petroleum Refining, Chemicals and Polymer Synthesis
The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.3 % during the forecast period. Polymer synthesis catalysts, accounting for 32% of the market, are expected to grow at a slightly higher rate. Increasing demand for polymers and imposition of regulations for the development of better standard products is expected to enhance the demand over the forecast period although advances will be limited by weak motor vehicle demand.
North American catalyst production is expected to slow slightly due the shift of catalyst manufacturing base to Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and Africa. However with continuous implementation of new government norms and legislations which result in more investments in catalysts to provide the expected pollution standards and better quality, the catalyst market would be boosted. In the USA, the EPA and the national highway traffic safety administration continuously revise the fuel economy and environmental labels and implement regulations. Hydroprocessing catalyst market to process sour (high sulphur) crude is boosted by the presence of more stringent vehicle emission standards which require low sulfur fuel.
Market Dynamics of the North American Market for Catalysts in Petroleum Refining, Chemicals and Polymer synthesis:
The increasing demand for petroleum products and polymers is a major driving force in the market. There is also a rise in demand for high octane fuels and stringent environmental norms against the use of large amounts of sulphur in fuel thus, increasing the innovation in the market for more environment friendly products.
The high manufacturing costs and the depleting natural resources are the restraints to this market. Other factors like the fluctuating precious metal prices and the weakening economy in many countries also weaken the market growth.
The North American market report for catalysts in petroleum refining, chemicals and polymer synthesis is segmented by chemical metals (metals and organometallic catalysts, aluminosilicates, chemical compounds and other catalysts), by application (petroleum refining catalysts, chemical synthesis catalysts and polymerization catalyst) and by geography (USA, Canada, and Mexico ). The key players in this industry are:
- BASF Corp.
- Bayer technologies Ltd.
- Catalytic Distillation Technologies
- Nova Chemicals Inc.
Key Deliverables in the Study:
- Analysis of the North American market for catalysts in petroleum refining, chemicals and polymer synthesis, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a regional scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the North American market report for catalysts in petroleum refining, chemicals and polymer synthesis on a regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.
1.2 Research Methodology
1.3 Report Outline
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Overview
3.1 Current Market Scenario
3.2 Factors Driving the Petrochemical Catalysts Market
3.3 Factors Restraining the Petrochemical Catalysts Market
3.4 Opportunities for the Petrochemical Catalysts Market
3.5 Porter’s Five Forces
3.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.5.5 Degree of Competition
3.6 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Chemical Material
4.1.1 Metals and Organometallic Catalysts (Market size, Forecast and CAGR)
188.8.131.52 Inexpensive Metals
184.108.40.206 Precious Metals
220.127.116.11 Metallic Compounds
4.1.2 Aluminosilicates (Market size, Forecast and CAGR)
18.104.22.168 Molecular Sieves
4.1.3 Chemical Compounds (Market size, Forecast and CAGR)
22.214.171.124 Other Chemicals
4.1.4 Other Catalysts (Market size, Forecast and CAGR)
4.2 By Application
4.2.1 Petroleum Refining Catalysts (Market size, Forecast and CAGR)
126.96.36.199 Fluid Catalytic Cracking (FCC)
188.8.131.52 Gas Processing
4.2.2 Chemical Synthesis Catalysts (Market size, Forecast and CAGR)
184.108.40.206 Organic Synthesis
220.127.116.11 Synthesis Gas and Syngas Processes
4.2.3 Polymerization Catalysts (Market size, Forecast and CAGR)
18.104.22.168 Condensation Polymers
22.214.171.124 Thermosetting Polymers
126.96.36.199 Additional Polymers
5. North American Petrochemical Catalysts Market Analysis, by Geography
5.2 Market Opportunities
5.3 Major Countries
6. North American Policies and Regulations
7. Competitor Analysis
7.1 Market Shares of Leading Global Players
7.2 Strategic Issues
7.3 Future Outlook
8. Company Profiles
8.1 Basf Corp.
8.2 The Dow Chemical Co.
8.3 Exxon Mobil Corporation
8.5 Eastman Chemical Co.
8.7 Evonik Industries
8.8 Clariant International Ltd.
8.9 Eka Chemicals AB
8.11 UOP LLC
8.12 Zeolyst International
8.13 Zeochem, Llc
8.14 Bayer Technology Services
8.15 Johnson Matthey, Inc.
8.16 Kbr, Inc.
8.17 Nova Chemicals Corp.
8.18 Ineos Technologies
8.19 Wako Chemicals USA, Inc.
8.20 W.R. Grace & Co.
8.21 Catalytic Distillation Technologies
(List not Exhaustive)