Americas Analog IC Market Size
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Forecast Data Period||2023 - 2028|
|Historical Data Period||2018 - 2021|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Americas Analog IC Market Analysis
The Americas analog IC market was valued at USD 13.37 billion in the previous year. It is expected to reach USD 18.83 billion in the next five years, registering a CAGR of 5.56%.
- Throughout the region, consumer gadgets are in extremely high demand. Mobile phones, computers, televisions, and tablets are a few of the widely used consumer electronics items. Home equipment, including washing machines, air conditioners, refrigerators, dishwashing machines, and refrigerators, is becoming increasingly necessary. The increasing demand for consumer electronics products may drive growth during the forecast period.
- The development of new chips and the number of autonomous vehicles are rising. Each microcircuit requires an analog circuit to connect with the outside world while maintaining a digital identity. As newer models of cars are outfitted with electronic parts, systems, and software to enhance vehicle safety and control, it is anticipated that analog IC sales for automotive vehicles will rise in the future.
- The pandemic also aggravated the existing chip shortage in the industry. Manufacturers like Texas Instruments, Intel, and TSMC are investing in constructing new fabs to ramp up chip production. Many governments worldwide have joined forces to increase chip capacity. For instance, the CHIPS Act, which includes around USD 52 billion in government subsidies for semiconductor research and manufacture, was enacted by the US Senate and House of Representatives in July 2022.
- The basic goal of analog integrated circuit (IC) design is to develop circuits that function in continuous time-domain behavior and are optimized for it. Analog design serves as the basis for all IC design since all of an IC's fundamental devices respond to constant time stimuli.
- However, there needs to be more skilled personnel in the semiconductor industry. As per Cindi Harper, Human Resources, Talent Planning, and Acquisition at Intel, the demand for talent in the industry is greater than the supply. The United States anticipates a shortfall of 250,000 semiconductor engineers over the following five years, according to Ruchir Dixit, national manager at Siemens EDA. This can be a more significant challenge in the region's analog IC industry during the forecast period.
Americas Analog IC Market Trends
Automotive Industry is Expected to Hold a Significant Share
- The automotive sector is expected to hold a significant market share from all the applications. The evolution of analog ICs for the automotive industry has benefitted different applications, like infotainment systems, vehicular handling and dynamics, power management, powertrains controls, safety solutions, and IoT remote-connected features. Such features incorporate different ICs dedicated to specific functions to network among different sections of vehicular operation.
- One of the world's biggest automobile marketplaces is in the United States. About 13,754.3 light vehicles were sold in the United States in 2022. The world's second-largest market for car sales and manufacturing is the United States. According to Autos Drive America, over the past 25 years, foreign automakers have increased their US production volume by more than 77%. In Q1 2023, Canadian car sales increased 4.4% yearly, with recent employment growth driving demand.
- As the number of autonomous cars rises, so does the necessity for cutting-edge semiconductor designs. Each microcircuit needs an analog circuit to communicate with the outside and the digital worlds. Analogue IC sales for automotive vehicles are predicted to increase as next-generation automobiles become fitted with electronic components, systems, and software to improve vehicle safety and control systems.
- Analog IC for automotive is wireless and low power consumption fabrication techniques, which help the analog IC penetrate the market more and drive the growth of analog IC for the automotive industry.
- According to Samsung, more than 80 million new connected cars are expected to run on US roads by 2025. In addition, the upgrade to 5G to boost the in-vehicle Wi-Fi connections and offer high-definition maps is expected to drive the need for analog IC infotainment systems.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
United States is Expected to Hold a Major Market Share
- From lighting to doorbells and refrigerators, the adoption of smart home devices in the United States has risen significantly over the past few years. The increase in smart home and IoT device applications has been driving the demand growth for analog ICs in the country.
- As per the Consumer Technology Association (CTA), the US smart home market was expected to grow by 3% in 2022 to reach USD 23.8 billion. The demand growth for smart homes is expected to be driven by rising energy costs, leading to the adoption of energy-efficient and cost-saving solutions for thermostats, lighting, and smart outlets. Such an increase in the market demand for smart home devices and smart power management devices is expected to fuel the growth of analog ICs in the region.
- The increasing applications of analog ICs in the automotive market are also expected to increase the demand for analog ICs in the country. For instance, according to US BEA, in 2022, the US car industry manufactured about 1.8 million vehicles. Compared to the prior year, this reflects a rise of nearly 13%. Due to the COVID-19 epidemic and its ripple effects on the automotive supply chain, the year 2020 was particularly difficult for the sector.
- Such an increase in the production of vehicles in the country may lead to an increase in the demand for infotainment devices deployed in vehicles, which may contribute to the demand for analog ICs in the Americas during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Americas Analog IC Industry Overview
The Americas analog IC market is moderately consolidated and highly competitive in nature. Some major players are Analog Devices Inc., Infineon Technologies AG, NXP Semiconductors NV, and ON Semiconductor. These players continuously develop innovative products, strategic partnerships, and collaborations to compete in the market.
- August 2022 - Microchip Technology added the SMC 2000 series of Compute Express Link (CXL)-based Smart Memory Controllers to its serial-attached memory controller portfolio, allowing CPUs, GPUs, and SoCs to link DDR4 or DDR5 memory through CXL interfaces. By allowing current CPUs to optimize application workloads, this technology provides greater memory bandwidth per core and more memory capacity per core. It decreases the overall total cost of ownership (TCO) in the data center.
- April 2022 - TLE9012DQU and TLE9015DQU are two new battery management ICs introduced by Infineon Technologies AG. The integrated circuits allow an optimal solution for battery cell monitoring and balancing. The new battery management ICs provide a competitive system-level solution for battery modules, cell-to-pack, and cell-to-car battery topologies, combining exceptional measurement performance with the highest application robustness. The devices are appropriate for a wide range of industrial, consumer, and automotive applications, including mild hybrid electric vehicles (MHEV), hybrid electric vehicles (HEV), plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEV), and battery-powered electric cars.
Americas Analog IC Market Leaders
Analog Devices Inc.
Infineon Technologies AG
Microchip Technology Inc.
NXP Semiconductors NV
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Americas Analog IC Market News
- May 2022 - Analog Devices Inc. partnered with Synopsys' Sabre. This industry-leading simulation tool is a component of Synopsys' virtual prototyping solution to supply model libraries for DC/DC ICs and module (micromodule) regulators. Powertrain designers for items like electric cars, avionic machines, instrumentation equipment, and supercomputers can now perform precise multi-domain simulations with speed and accuracy with the help of this new Sabre system-level simulation system library, accelerating the design process and time-to-market.
- April 2022 - By accelerating semiconductor research, development, and prototyping, Intel, Micron, Analog Devices, and MITRE Engenuity hope to strengthen the US semiconductor industry, promote advanced manufacturing, and safeguard intellectual property in the face of heightened international competition. This involvement represents a dedication to working together to ensure the industry's resilience. It creates the Semiconductor Alliance to put out the framework for a national strategy for the US semiconductor sector and supply chain that is more innovation-focused, ensuring that American invention spurs American development.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumption and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Industry Value Chain/Supply Chain Analysis
4.4 Macroeconomic Analysis of the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Rising Penetration of Smartphones, Feature Phones, and Tablets
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Increasing Design Complexity of Analog IC
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Type
6.1.1 General Purpose IC
18.104.22.168 Power Management
22.214.171.124 Signal Conversion
126.96.36.199 Amplifiers/Comparators (Signal Conditioning)
6.1.2 Application-specific IC
188.8.131.52.2 Digital Still Camera and Camcorder
184.108.40.206.3 Other Consumers
220.127.116.11.2 Other Infotainment
18.104.22.168.3 Wired Communication
22.214.171.124.4 Short Range
126.96.36.199.5 Other Wireless Communication
188.8.131.52.1 Computer System and Display
184.108.40.206.2 Computer Periphery
220.127.116.11.4 Other Computers
18.104.22.168 Industrial and Others
6.2 By Country
6.2.1 United States
6.2.4 Rest of Americas
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Analog Devices Inc.
7.1.2 Infineon Technologies AG
7.1.3 Microchip Technology Inc.
7.1.4 NXP Semiconductors NV
7.1.5 ON Semiconductor
7.1.6 Richtek Technology Corporation (MediaTek Inc.)
7.1.7 Skyworks Solutions Inc.
7.1.8 Stmicroelectronics NV
7.1.9 Renesas Electronics Corporation
7.1.10 Texas Instruments Incorporated
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the current Americas Analog IC Market size?
The Americas Analog IC Market is projected to register a CAGR of 5.56% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Who are the key players in Americas Analog IC Market?
Analog Devices Inc., Infineon Technologies AG, Microchip Technology Inc., NXP Semiconductors NV and ON Semiconductor are the major companies operating in the Americas Analog IC Market.
Americas Analog IC Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Americas Analog IC market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Americas Analog IC analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2023 to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.