Market Trends of Quartz Crystal Oscillators Industry
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Quartz Crystal Oscillators Market according to our research experts:
Military and Aerospace Industry is Expected to Drive the Market Growth
- The military and aerospace segment is always in definite need of a comprehensive portfolio of reliable and precise products and advanced technical capabilities that may support high-performance needs. Additionally, the use of crystal oscillators has always remained relevant. They form an integral part of an electronic circuit that produces an electrical signal of accurate frequency using the vibrating crystals made of piezoelectric material, mechanical resonance, which is driving its demand from this sector.
- Crystal oscillator sold for military and aerospace applications needs to be highly accurate and must be able to work in harsh environments and under adverse circumstances. High end-products, such as OCXOs, and precision TCXOs, are in high demand in these applications. Like Vectron, Rakon, and Q-Tech, vendors in the market offer crystal oscillators for military and space applications.
- Furthermore, with the increasing defense budgets of various countries, threats of enemies, and the need for surveillance across multiple elements of military and defense, the avionics and military electronics industries are expected to expand, thereby driving the adoption of oscillators.
- Companies such as Q-Tech Corp have been focusing on innovating their products. For instance, in May 2021, Q-Tech Corp announced the extensive in-stock availability of full space-qualified and B-level quartz crystal oscillators in different types of traditional and ultra-miniature packages. The company also stated that the immediate availability of these components could alleviate supply chain problems that are delaying the production of space, military, avionics, and high-temperature applications that require thoroughly tested and certified devices.
- Further, the synthesized transceivers are also featuring increased deployment of crystal oscillators. For instance, Frequency Electronics Inc. offered a next-generation wideband microwave quad-channel synthesized transceivers named EW series VPXTR6000. It enables aircraft, UAVs, and other mobile platforms to detect signals in high RF pulse density environments. The system deploys OCXOs, with a low g-sensitive option, to integrate into the VPX chassis for reference signal distribution to multiple VPX modules over a VITA-67 coaxial backplane.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific to Witness Highest Growth
- The Asia-Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to a rapidly expanding smartphone consumer base primarily in the major economies, such as India and China in the region. The latest technological breakthroughs have assisted the advancements in new crystal oscillators that can make the overall processes more efficient and significantly improve accuracy in different applications.
- China has one of the largest electronics industries in the world, and the government is taking many initiatives to further boost the industry growth in the country. For instance, in January 2021, the Chinese government announced plans to expand the domestic market for electronic components to CNY 2.1 trillion (USD 327 billion) by 2023. Such initiatives create a positive growth outlook for the market as crystal oscillators find applications in many electronic devices.
- Further, in Asia-Pacific, South Korea is also one of the important markets for quartz crystal oscillators, owing to the massive adoption of the technology by the end-user industries in the country. Like consumer electronics, semiconductors, telecommunication equipment, and 5G services, the industries in the country are some of the significant adopters of crystal oscillators. In addition, the increased level of production of electronic devices, due to the rising competition in the market, and the growing adoption of VCOs in the production of electronic music devices are among the significant factors driving this growth.
- There had been a series of new product launches, mergers, and acquisitions in Asia-Pacific to take advantage of this opportunity. The primary driver behind the investments has been the continuous evolution and application of new technologies to unlock enormous volumes previously considered non-commercial.
- With these series of investments, consumer electronics, and industrial and automotive applications, Asia-Pacific is set to boom in the coming years. For instance, Epson, a Japanese electronics company, extended the highest available frequency on low-jitter crystal oscillators. The company increased the upper-frequency limit to 500 MHz from 200 MHz. This move was in line with the expected network requirement for high speed and wideband, due to the 5G communication traffic growth.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report