Europe Pet Food News
- July 2023: Hill's Pet Nutrition introduced its new MSC (Marine Stewardship Council) certified pollock and insect protein products for pets with sensitive stomachs and skin lines. They contain vitamins, omega-3 fatty acids, and antioxidants.
- May 2023: Nestle Purina launched new cat treats under the Friskies "Friskies Playfuls - treats" brand. These treats are round in shape and are available in chicken and liver and salmon and shrimp flavors for adult cats.
- May 2023: Virbac acquired its distributor (GS Partners) in the Czech Republic and Slovakia, which became Virbac's 35th subsidiary. This new subsidiary allows Virbac to expand its presence more in these countries.
Get full market coverage in this industry. Download Sample Report.
Related Animal Pet Food Industry News
May 2022: Hipromine announced a partnership with WEDA Dammann & Westerkamp GmbH, a supplier of feeding technology solutions. As part of this venture, Weda supplies HiProMine with insects, including Black Soldier Fly (BSFL), aiding the company's development of its pet and animal nutrition products.
Feb 2022: Insect farmer Protix, which produces proteins for the feed for fish, farm animals, and pets, raised EUR 50 million (USD 51.4 million) for further international expansion and ground-breaking research and development.
February 2021: Innovafeed, along with Auchan, launched their third insect-fed animal feed line by introducing insect-fed pork, which has been fed with a diet incorporating insect oil for a reduced carbon footprint, focusing on sustainability.
In January 2022, ADM opened an Aquaculture Innovation Lab at the Animal Nutrition Technology Center (ANTC) in Decatur, Illinois. The laboratory extends ADM's international research and development capabilities to a new region, building on existing aquaculture research facilities located in Brazil, Mexico, and Vietnam. The new facility expands global capabilities to develop novel nutrition solutions
In October 2021, BASF and Cargill expanded their partnership in the animal nutrition business, adding research and development capabilities and new markets to the partners' existing feed enzymes distribution agreements. Together, they plan to develop, produce, market, and sell customer-centric enzyme products and solutions. The goal is to bring farmers to feed innovations that reduce nutrient waste, improve feed efficiency, and promote animal growth and wellbeing.
In May 2021, Alltech recently introduced a new line of Lifeforce TM, premium equine supplements, to the market. Backed by more than 40 years of scientific research and formulated with field-proven technologies, these supplements have been created to meet the needs of modern horses throughout their lives, from performance to recreation.
- September 2021: Royal Canin, a Brand of Mars Inc., launched Health Management, which offered five tailored nutritional ranges designed to support optimal health in cats and dogs: which included oral care products Feline Dental Diet and Canine Dental Diet.
- August 2021: Wellness Pet LLC, a United States-based pet products company, introduced new age-specific and dental health products. The firm introduced WHIMZEES Value Packs assorted dental treats for dogs, which feature a variety of dental chew shapes to support dental hygiene.
- June 2020: Pedigree, a subsidiary of Mars Inc., launched three new dental products, including 'Dentastix' for dogs. Dentastix Chewy Chunx helps prevent plaque build-up throughout the day and may launch chicken and beef flavors, with mini or maxi options for smaller or larger dogs.
- November 2022: De Heus Inaugurated its first premix factory in Asia at May Industrial Park, Trang Bom district, Vietnam. It has a capacity of 60,000 tons. This will enable the company to ensure product quality and supply, reduce costs for the farmers and increase their production efficiency in Vietnam and the whole of Asia.
- June 2022: Innovafeed and Cargill partnered to bring about healthy new ingredients to different types of animal feed, including compound feed. The agreement combines Innovafeed's expertise in formulating precision insect ingredients and Cargill's global animal nutrition capabilities to scale up the use of insect ingredients in multiple types of animal feed.
- November 2022: Norwegian RAS trout farmer, Hima Seafood, signed a five-year contract with Skretting Norway to be the primary feed supplier for the trout production that will start up at Rjukan in Telemark in 2023.
- November 2022: Skretting opened its new fish feed factory, Lotus II, in Vietnam. The fish feed factory consists of two independent lines with a production capacity of 100,000 tons per year.
- November 2022: De Heus opens its fourth feed facility in Indonesia. The feed mill is on an area of five hectares in PIER Pasuruan, East Java, with an annual production capacity of 300,000 MT.
- In February 2022, Element Six UK Ltd collaborated with II-VI Inc. Through this collaboration, II-VI licenses Element Six's intellectual property and necessary equipment would produce high-quality single-crystal diamonds to expand its core competency in diamond technology.
- In July 2021, Element Six UK LTD and the University of Warwick entered a partnership to develop the next generation of synthetic diamond-enabled technologies. Under this partnership, Element Six applied its renowned expertise and capabilities in advanced material solutions.
- April 2023: Aurobindo Pharma approved the transfer of two API units (Unit V and XVII) to its wholly-owned subsidiary Apitoria Pharma Private Limited.
- January 2023: Novartis sold its active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) manufacturing facility in Ringaskiddy, Ireland, to Sterling Pharma Solutions. Under the terms of the agreement, Novartis continues to manufacture several APIs for cardiovascular, immunology, and oncology medicines at Ringaskiddy.
- October 2022: Saudi Arabian company AZDEF launched an MRI safety awareness campaign that began with the Advanced Safety Training Seminar, which was held in Dubai in partnership with the Dubai Health Authority (DHA).
- January 2022: Saudi Arabia's Sanad Charitable Association raised awareness of childhood cancer through its campaign launched under the slogan 'Sanad for Our Children.' Awareness of childhood cancer targets the families of those brave children. It informs them about how they can detect the symptoms or onset of the disease, thus positively impacting the market.
- April 2023: The Government of India has launched 254 '4G mobile towers' in LAC villages in Arunachal Pradesh. Further, these 254 towers will provide 4G coverage in 336 villages, including several areas that have remained unconnected since Independence. Most of these towers are located in the villages bordering China to counter foreign telecom penetration. Furthermore, with the launch of this service, over 70 thousand people are expected to be benefitted.
- April 2023: Saudi Telecom Company (STC)'s subsidiary, Tawal, has reached an agreement to acquire the tower infrastructure of United Group for Euro 1.22 billion (USD 1.34 billion). The acquisition will include the United Group's infrastructure unit in Bulgaria, Slovenia, and Croatia, providing around 4,800 towers. Furthermore, this strategic acquisition aligns with Tawal's aim of expanding its international presence in key markets with promising growth potential within the STC Group.
- January 2023: Elicio Therapeutics engineers lymph node-targeted adjuvants and vaccines for an array of aggressive cancers and infectious diseases and entered into a definitive merger agreement with Angion Biomedica Corp to focus on advancing Elicio's proprietary lymph node-targeting Amphiphile (AMP) technology to develop immunotherapies, with a focus on ELI-002, a therapeutic cancer vaccine targeting mKRAS-driven tumors.
- November 2022: Hubro Therapeutics AS acquired GM-CSF vaccine adjuvant from Targovax ASA in an asset purchase agreement for a cash payment of NOK10 million. Hubro continues the development of GM-CSF as an adjuvant for use with its pipeline of novel cancer vaccines.