Patient Care Monitoring Devices Market
The global patient care monitoring devices market is valued as a USD 8.91 billion market in 2016 and is expected to become a USD 12.58 billion market by the end of 2021, growing at a CAGR of 5.92%.
Patient monitoring systems with advanced features, especially wireless or remote capability, are among the fastest-growing medical devices. The aging population and the associated increases in diseases such as congestive heart disease and diabetes as well as the cost of treating those conditions are driving sales of these devices. Use of new patient monitoring technologies can result in a need for less personnel, increased coverage by existing personnel, and a reduction in errors and are expected to lead to better patient care and the recognition of serious health problems before they become an issue.
Some of the factors driving the global patient care monitoring devices market are:
- Lack of skilled healthcare professionals
- Increase in the chronic disease population
- Need to contain hospital expenses
- Aging population
Some of the factors acting as restraints to the market are:
- Lack of reimbursement
- Regulatory framework issues
- Resistance to use IT by healthcare professionals
The market is segmented on the basis of the device used and geography. The device sector can be divided into categories such as care ports, monitors, networking and wireless parameters. The geographical analysis and forecasting are available for North America, Europe, APAC and Rest of the World.
The largest market share in the world is occupied by North America. The primary growth driver for North America is the rapidly aging population and the increase in the chronic disease population. Following North America is Europe, which holds the second largest market share but the future growth is expected to be low. APAC is the region to look out for in the near future. This is due to the improved economic condition that is driving the market.
Some of the key players in the market are:
- GE Healthcare
- Honeywell HomMed
- Infinium Medical
- Intel Corporation
- InTouch Health
- Johnson & Johnson
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the patient care monitoring devices market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on the global and regional scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry
1.1 Report Description
1.2 Research Methodology
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
2.1 Key Findings
2.2 Market Overview
3. MARKET OVERVIEW
3.1 Market Definition
3.1.2 Patient Monitoring Systems
3.2 Market Drivers
3.2.1 Lack of skilled healthcare professionals
3.2.2 Increased incidence of chronic diseases
3.2.3 Increase in aging population
3.2.4 Need to contain hospital expenses
3.3 Market Barriers
3.3.1 Lack of reimbursement
3.3.2 Regulatory issues
3.3.3 Remote monitoring System
3.3.4 Resistance to IT from Healthcare professionals
4. GLOBAL MARKETS: SEGMENTATION BY DEVICE
4.1 Care Ports
4.4 Wireless Networks
5. GLOBAL MARKETS: SEGMENTATION BY GEOGRAPHY
5.1 North America
5.3.3 South Korea
5.4 Rest of the World
5.4.2 Middle East
6. Competitive Landscape
6.2 Mergers & Acquisitions
6.4 New Product Launch
7. COMPANY PROFILES
7.1 Abbott Laboratories
7.3 AMD Global Telemedicine
7.5 Bosch Medical
7.6 Boston Scientific
7.7 CR Bard
7.11 GE Healthcare
7.12 Honeywell HomMed
7.13 Infinium Medical
7.15 Intel Corporation
7.16 InTouch Health
7.17 Johnson & Johnson
7.19 Masimo Corp
7.20 Medtronic, Inc.
7.22 Nihon Kohden
7.23 Omron Healthcare
7.24 OSI Systems
7.25 Philips Healthcare
7.26 Proteus Digital Health
7.28 Second Opinion Telemedicine Schiller AG
7.29 Smiths Medical
7.30 St. Jude Medical
7.31 Welch Allyn