Ethyl Alcohol (Ethanol) Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia-Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
|CAGR:||> 5 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Ethyl Alcohol (Ethanol) Market Analysis
The ethyl alcohol (ethanol) market is expected to register a CAGR of more than 5% during the forecast period. COVID-19 negatively impacted the market in 2020. However, the market is now estimated to reach pre-pandemic levels and is expected to grow steadily in the future
- Major factors driving the market studied growth is the rising ethanol demand as biofuel, the growing use in beer production and food processing, and stringent government policies to restrict the usage of fossil fuels.
- Conversely, increased awareness about the ill effects of alcohol consumption and the hybrid electric vehicle advent is likely to hamper the market studied growth.
- The surging demand to produce ethanol from corn and sugar will likely provide opportunities for the market studied during the forecast period.
- North America dominated the market across the world due to increasing regulations and rising demand for the food processing industry.
Ethyl Alcohol (Ethanol) Industry Segmentation
Ethyl alcohol (ethanol) is a clear, transparent liquid widely used in fuel and alcoholic beverages like beer, wine, or brandy. Alcoholic drinks, such as beer, spirits, wine, etc., are diluted with ethanol. It is a topical treatment to prevent skin infections, pharmaceutical preparations, cosmetics, and perfumes. The market is segmented by grade, end-user industry, and geography. By grade, the market is segmented into food, industrial, pharmaceutical, and lab grades. The end-user industry segments the market into automotive, transportation, food and beverage, pharmaceutical, cosmetics, personal care, and other industries. The report also covers the market size and forecasts for the market in 15 countries across the globe. The market sizing and forecasts are done for each segment based on volume (million liters).
|Automotive and Transportation|
|Food and Beverage|
|Cosmetics and Personal Care|
|Other End-user Industries|
Ethyl Alcohol (Ethanol) Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Ethyl Alcohol (Ethanol) Market according to our research experts:
Automotive and Transportation Segment to Dominate the Market
- Crude oil and natural gas were significant energy sources for the automotive industries for many decades. Due to the negative environmental impact of the increasing consumption of crude oil and natural gas worldwide and the high prices of crude oil, biofuels, such as bioethanol, are considered viable alternatives to crude oil and natural gas as fuel for the automotive industries.
- Ethanol is the cheapest additive to petrol. It helps in reducing the cost for manufacturers and consumers. The ethanol market is directly affected by fuel consumption.
- Ethanol helps to reduce the emission of air toxins, carbon monoxide, particulate matter, nitrous oxides, and exhaust hydrocarbons by displacing aromatics in petroleum products.
- According to the Renewable Fuels Association, the United States is the world's largest fuel ethanol producer. The country produced 15 billion gallons of biofuel in 2021.
- Further, according to the Renewable Fuels Association, Brazil is the world's second-largest producer, with 7.5 billion gallons produced in 2021. Additionally, Brazil is one of the world's major biofuel markets, with specially developed flexible-fuel vehicles that run on fuels with a higher ethanol percentage than standard motor vehicles.
- Hence, all such trends in the market are likely to drive the ethanol demand in the automotive and transportation segment during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America Region to Dominate the Market
- The North American region dominated the global market share. Stringent regulations toward reducing fossil fuel usage and rising demand from the food processing industry are driving the ethanol demand in the region.
- The government in the countries such as the United States, Canada, and Mexico, is focusing on reducing fossil fuel usage and the pollution caused by them.
- In this regard, the region is resorting to ethanol-blended fuels, which is one of the major factors driving the ethanol market growth in the region.
- According to the Ethanol Producer Magazine, Poet Biorefining is the largest ethanol producer in the United States. As of December 2021, the company had an ethanol production capacity of 2.7 billion gallons per annum across 33 plants in the Midwest, supporting the market growth in the region.
- According to US Energy Information Administration, the United States fuel ethanol production capacity was 17.5 billion gallons per year as of January 2021, representing an increase of 0.2 billion gallons per year compared to the previous year. Thus, increased ethanol production and consumption capacities will likely boost ethyl alcohol demand.
- Hence, all such market trends are expected to drive the demand for ethanol in the region during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Ethyl Alcohol (Ethanol) Industry Overview
The ethyl alcohol (ethanol) market is fragmented in nature. Some of the major players in the market include ADM, POET, LLC, Valero, Green Plains Inc., and Bunge North America, Inc., among others (in no particular order).
Ethyl Alcohol (Ethanol) Market Leaders
Green Plains Inc.
Bunge North America, Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Ethyl Alcohol (Ethanol) Market News
- February 2023: Kemin Industries introduced FermSAVER, a tea-extract product used in yeast fermentation for ethanol production, as part of its expanding Kemin Bio Solutions portfolio.
- January 2022: ADM, a global provider of nutrition, agricultural origination, and processing solutions, announced a partnership with Wolf Carbon Solutions to advance the decarbonization of ethanol production.
Ethyl Alcohol (Ethanol) Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Usage in the Automotive Industry
4.1.2 Increasing Government Initiatives
4.2.1 Shifting Focus toward Biobutanol
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size in Volume)
5.1.1 Food Grade
5.1.2 Industrial Grade
5.1.3 Pharmaceutical Grade
5.1.4 Lab Grade
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.1 Automotive and Transportation
5.2.2 Food and Beverage
5.2.4 Cosmetics and Personal Care
5.2.5 Other End-user Industries
18.104.22.168 South Korea
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
22.214.171.124 South Africa
126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share(%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Advanced BioEnergy LLC
6.4.2 The Andersons Inc.
6.4.4 BP p.l.c.
6.4.5 Cargill Incorporated
6.4.6 Flint Hills Resources
6.4.7 Green Plains Inc.
6.4.10 Kirin Holdings Company, Limited.
6.4.11 LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V.
6.4.12 Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
6.4.13 Kemin Industries, Inc.
6.4.14 POET, LLC
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Surging Demand to Produce Ethanol from Corn and Sugar
Ethyl Alcohol (Ethanol) Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Ethyl Alcohol (Ethanol) Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Ethyl Alcohol (Ethanol) Market?
The Ethyl Alcohol (Ethanol) Market is growing at a CAGR of >5% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Ethyl Alcohol (Ethanol) Market?
Asia-Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Ethyl Alcohol (Ethanol) Market?
North America holds highest share in 2022.
Who are the key players in Ethyl Alcohol (Ethanol) Market?
ADM, POET, LLC, Valero, Green Plains Inc., Bunge North America, Inc. are the major companies operating in Ethyl Alcohol (Ethanol) Market.
Ethyl Alcohol (Ethanol) Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Ethyl Alcohol (Ethanol) market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Ethyl Alcohol (Ethanol) analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.