Asia Pacific Tank Protection Market Size
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Forecast Data Period||2023 - 2028|
|Historical Data Period||2018 - 2021|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Asia Pacific Tank Protection Market Analysis
The Asia Pacific Tank protection market is estimated to be at USD 700 million by the end of this year and is projected to reach USD 819.40 million in the next five years, registering a CAGR of over 3.2% during the forecast period.
- Increasing investment in the downstream sector and rising offshore Oil exploration activities are major factors expected to drive the market's growth.
- On the other hand, Volatile raw material prices and the rising adoption of cleaner alternatives are the major restraints for the market.
- Nevertheless, the growing demand for automation in the control process is expected to create an excellent opportunity for the market players in the forecast period, as these projects are paving the way for the line pipe industry to grow more.
- China fastest growing region in the Tank protection market and is also likely to witness the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific Tank Protection Market Trends
Increase investment in the oilfield exploration will drive the market
- Oil storage tanks hold crude oil and other raw materials during the refining and processing processes. They are also used to keep finished products. Stainless steel, carbon steel, reinforced concrete, and industrial plastic are among the materials used to make oil storage tanks. The targets set by countries to increase production to meet oil demand in various sectors is the major factor that is expected to increase the Asia Pacific tank protection market.
- For instance, in June 2022, ONGC announced that the company expects to increase 25% natural gas and 11 % in crude oil production in India after newer discoveries in western and eastern offshore. The company will spend Rs 31,000 crore from 2022 to 2025 on the exploration and add approx 1,00,000 square kilometers of new exploration area annually up to 2024-25.
- In India, the government has taken a strategic initiative to increase the share of the chemical sector in the country's GDP. According to the Department of Chemicals and Petrochemicals, the chemical sector in India was valued at USD 178 billion in 2020, which is targeted to increase to USD 300 billion by 2025. This is likely to promulgate the development of infrastructure associated with chemical and petrochemical production, which is expected to drive the demand for tank protection systems during the forecast period.
- In China, a total of 9 upcoming refineries are expected to start operations between 2020 and 2024. Among these, five are planned refineries, and four are announced refineries. The Jieyang refinery is likely to be the major upcoming refinery in China, with a refining capacity of 400 mbd. It is expected to start operations in 2022. These projects are likely to increase an investment in the oil and gas sector in the country.
- According to BP statistical review, in 2021, oil refinery throughput was 29,587 thousand barrels per day in Asia pacific and saw an increase from 26,855 thousand barrels per day in 2015. This shows that the government is investing in the oil and gas sectors, which will drive the market of tank protection during the forecast period.
- Hence, owing to the above points, increasing investment in the oil and gas sector will drive the market during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
China fastest growing region in the Tank protection market
- In March 2022, China Petroleum & Chemical Corp announced it to spend CNY 198 billion in 2022, more than 18% from 2020, which was higher than that of the 2013 investment record of CNY 181.7 billion. Out of this, the company plans to invest CNY 81.5 billion in upstream exploitation. This will lead to increase investment in the oil and gas sector.
- In 2021, China will be one of the major countries in the world, which will lead to growth in LNG demand. In 2020, about 12 million tons of LNG were imported; in 2021, there were 79 million tons. Due to this surge in demand, China surpassed Japan to take the top spot among LNG importers worldwide. Demand has increased due to Chinese LNG buyers signing long-term contracts for more than 20 million tons annually.
- Additionally, in 2021, China's refinery capacity reached an all-time high of 16.69 Mb/d. As the oil demand growth shifted from fuel-driven to petrochemical feedstock-driven, the country is transforming and upgrading the refinery industry.
- In January 2022, CNOOC announced net production estimated targets for 2023 are 640 million to 650 million barrels and for 2024 is 680 million to 690 million barrels of oil.
- Hence, with the expansion of the refinery and petrochemical business and the upcoming project, the country is expected to witness an increase in the demand for tank protection markets.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Asia Pacific Tank Protection Industry Overview
The Asia Pacific Tank protection market is fragmented. Some of the key players in this market (in no particular order) include Emerson Electric Co., L&J Technologies Inc., Zhejiang Zhenchao Petroleum And Chemical Equipment Co., Ltd, Oil Conservation Engineering Company (OCECO), and KMC Oil and Gas Equipment.
Asia Pacific Tank Protection Market Leaders
Emerson Electric Co
L&J Technologies Inc
Zhejiang Zhenchao Petroleum And Chemical Equipment Co., Ltd
Oil Conservation Engineering Company (OCECO),
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Asia Pacific Tank Protection Market News
- In February 2022, the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas India announced that the country is expected to double its area under exploration and production of oil and gas to 0.5 million square kilometers by 2025 and 1 million square kilometers by 2030, to reduce dependence on imports and increase domestic output.
- In November 2021, ExxonMobil announced that the company had made a final investment decision to proceed with a multi-billion dollar chemical complex in the Dayawan Petrochemical Industrial Park in Huizhou, Guangdong Province in China. The project is expected to become operational by the end of 2024.
Table of Contents
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Study Assumptions
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
4. MARKET OVERVIEW
4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast in USD billion, till 2027
4.3 Recent Trends and Developments
4.4 Government Policies and Regulations
4.5 Market Dynamics
126.96.36.199 Increasing investment in the downstream sector
188.8.131.52 Rising offshore Oil exploration activities
184.108.40.206 Rising adoption of cleaner alternatives
220.127.116.11 Growing demand for automation in the control process
4.6 Supply Chain Analysis
4.7 Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.7.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.7.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.7.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.7.4 Threat of Substitutes Products and Services
4.7.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Oil & Gas - Sector
5.2.1 New Project (New Orders)
5.2.2 Existing Project (Replacement Orders)
5.3.3 Flame Arrestors
5.4.5 South Korea
5.4.6 Rest of Asia Pacific
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers, Acquisitions, Collaboration and Joint Ventures
6.2 Strategies Adopted by Key Players
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Korean Steel Power Corp.
6.3.2 Emerson Electric Co.
6.3.3 Zhejiang Zhenchao Petroleum And Chemical Equipment Co., Ltd
6.3.4 Valcrom Global DWC LLC
6.3.5 Motherwell Tank Protection
6.3.6 NEOTECH Co.,Ltd.
6.3.7 Oil Conservation Engineering Company (OCECO)
6.3.8 KMC Oil and Gas Equipment
6.3.9 L&J Technologies Inc.
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the current Asia Pacific Tank Protection Market size?
The Asia Pacific Tank Protection Market is projected to register a CAGR of 3.2% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Who are the key players in Asia Pacific Tank Protection Market?
Emerson Electric Co, L&J Technologies Inc, Zhejiang Zhenchao Petroleum And Chemical Equipment Co., Ltd and Oil Conservation Engineering Company (OCECO), are the major companies operating in the Asia Pacific Tank Protection Market.
Asia Pacific Tank Protection Market Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Asia Pacific Tank Protection market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Asia Pacific Tank Protection analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2023 to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.