The Asia-Pacific soft drink packaging market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 5.8% in terms of the volume sales over the forecast period 2017 - 2022. Asia-Pacific is a region with a huge customer base and several fast growing economies. However, packaging preferences differ considerably from region to region, thus adopting region and application-specific strategies is expected to result in better product movement. Moreover, manufacturers are actively adopting sustainable packaging practices due to the increased pressure from consumer groups, government, and customers. The global market for ready-to-drink (RTD) tea is dominated by countries within the Asia-Pacific region. Together, Japan and China account for more than 57% of global market value.
Soft drinks are the second most consumed drink after water, with plastic being the most used material for soft drinks packaging. Increasing population and rising disposable income have led to an increasing demand for soft drinks across the world. Packaging plays an important role in the soft drinks market. Efficient packaging solutions offer benefits like ease of use, disposability, and enhanced user experience. These benefits have led to the growth in demand for packaging solutions for the soft drinks segment. The other trend augmenting demand are the new and innovative products, which help manufacturers enhance their brand visibility while offering product differentiation.
Glass is the conventional method for packaging soft drinks, fruit juices, and water. The advantage of glass packaging is that it is chemically inert and will not affect quality, odor or taste of the product. It is strong, rigid, and 100% recyclable. PET is a popular choice for packaging because it is recyclable, lightweight, and flexible. It can be used for both still and carbonated products. Aluminum and steel cans are mainly used for carbonated drinks. They are also lightweight and 100% recyclable. Using recycled aluminum to make a new can can save 95% of the energy that would be needed to make a can from virgin materials. Cartons are another major packaging format for still drinks and fruit juices. They protect the freshness, flavors, and nutritional qualities of both fresh and long-life drink products, enabling distribution at ambient temperatures or under refrigerated conditions.
The Asia-Pacific soft drink packaging market is segmented on the basis of material (plastic, paper, metal, and glass), soft drink product (juices, bottled water, energy drinks, ready-to-drink (RTD), and carbonates), and products (beverage cans, PET bottles, cartons, and boxes).
This report gives a detailed study of Porter’s five forces analysis of the market. All the five major factors in these markets have been quantified using the internal key parameters governing each of them. It also covers the market landscape of these players which includes the key growth strategies and competition analysis. The report considers key trends that will impact the industry and profiles the leading suppliers of the Asia-Pacific soft drink packaging market.
Some of the top companies mentioned in the report are:
- Crown Holdings
- Nuconic Packaging
- Rock Tenn
- Tetra Pak International
- The Scoular Company
- Toyo Seikan
What the Report Offers
- Market definition for the Asia-Pacific soft drink packaging market, along with identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Market analysis for the Asia-Pacific soft drink packaging market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies that can influence the market on a regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Asia-Pacific soft drink packaging market on a regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing Soft Drink Consumption
4.2.2 Increased demand for convenience packaging from consumers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Environmental concerns regarding usage of plastic
4.3.2 Stringent Government Regulations
4.4 Current Opportunities in the Asia Pacific Soft Drinks Packaging Market
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.6.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.4 Threat of substitute products and services
4.6.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
4.7 Industry Policies
5. Technology Snapshot
6. Asia Pacific Soft Drinks Packaging Market - Segmented by Primary Material Used
6.2 Paper & Paparboard
7. Asia Pacific Soft Drinks Packaging Market - Segmented by Type
7.1 Bottles Water
7.3 RTD Beverages
7.4 Sport Drinks
8. Asia Pacific Soft Drinks Packaging Market - Segmented by Region
9. Competitive Intelligence - Key Company Profiles (List populated based on Global Presence)
9.1 Pactiv, LLC
9.2 Amcor, Ltd.
9.4 Graham Packaging Company
9.5 Ball Corporation
9.6 SIG Combibloc Company Ltd.
9.7 Tetra Pak International
9.9 Toyo Seikan Group Holdings Ltd.
9.10 Rock Tenn Company
9.11 Nuconic Packaging
9.12 The Scoular Company
9.13 Owens-Illinois Inc
9.14 Crown Holdings Incorporated
9.15 Rexam inc
9.16 Alcoa Inc
10. Investment Analysis
10.1 Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
10.2 Investor Outlook
11. Future of Asia Pacific Soft Drinks Packaging Market