Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Asia Pacifc Package Testing market is expected to register a CAGR of 10% over the forecast period (2021 - 2026). Owing to the COVID-19 outbreak, food & beverage companies are developing response actions and effective plans to help mitigate their risk and prepare for how they would deal with the effects of the coronavirus. These plans include establishing an interdisciplinary crisis response team of personnel from all aspects of the business to identify, assess, and manage the risk presented
- Package testing is playing a prominent role in almost every supply chain in the Asia Pacific region. Package testing ensures the business’s packaging is up to specifications and avoids costly product damage, legal situations, and poor user experiences. Packaging testing identifies opportunities in several areas such as savings on packaging costs, the performance of packaging materials in realistic environmental conditions and transportation scenarios, quality control insights, scalability of packaging, compliance issues, such as certifications, specifications, and regulations.
- Packaging plays an essential part in the protection of products. In Europe, goods can be transported with ease as a result of its open borders. The products are transported by multiple means of transport such as road, sea, and air. They are subject to numerous external and environmental parameters that could damage their overall quality. As a result, several companies test their packaging before using them on their products.
- The global market for online retailing continues to grow rapidly, driven by the penetration of the Internet and smartphones. Smithers, with their insights, expects that this would continue to increase through to 2028 and will see an increased demand for packaging solutions, especially in corrugated board formats, to safely ship goods through the more complex distribution channels.
- Also, there’s a significant drawback in specific tests that attempt to capture drop height data. Unlike temperature, vibration, and humidity, which can be measured continuously, free-fall drops happen infrequently. Also, the vast majority of studies utilize dummy packages, meaning the text package is a box of a specific size and weight, but there’s nothing to break on the inside, such as the actual products being shipped.
Scope of the report
Package testing or packaging testing involves the measurement of a characteristic or property involved in packaging. This includes packaging materials, packaging components, primary packages, shipping containers, and unit loads, as well as the associated processes. The Asia Pacific Package Testing Market is Segmented by Primary Material Type (Glass, Paper, Plastics, Metal), by type of tests (Physical Performance Test, Chemical Testing, Environmental Testing), by End-User Industry (Food and Beverage, Healthcare, Industrial, Personal and House Hold Products) and Country.
|By Primary Material|
|By Type of Testing|
|Physical Performance Testing|
|By End-User Vertical|
|Food and Beverage|
|Personal and HouseHold Products|
Key Market Trends
Plastic Package Will Hold Major Share in Market
- The increasing use of plastic in various packaging types from end-user industries such as food, healthcare, industrial, personal, and household is resulting in an increasing number of third-party vendors that provide plastic package testing as a service. However, these vendors still face competition from industry giants in the packaging industry who have their own in-house testing facilities. But with changing technology, everchanging regulations, and standards to comply with an increasing number of tests to be conducted, single packaging is expected to change the market competitiveness in the region, and the market is expected to incline toward fragmentation during the forecast period.
- Moreover, in the food industry, with the rising demand for packaged food, longer shelf lives can be obtained due to innovative food packaging materials. The packaging protects food from the outside environment, preserving its integrity, hygienic and organoleptic properties, and shelf life. The packages containing the product protect it from possible mechanical stresses and all possible external contamination sources. And they preserve food for the time between packaging, marketing, and consumption, even in adverse environmental conditions.
- As any changes in the packaging industry directly impact plastic package testing, the plastic package testing market is also facing competition from paper and biodegradable packaging in terms of material. However, plastic is expected to continue growing due to evolutions in biopolymers with bio-based plastics sourced from sustainable resources like agricultural waste rather than petrochemicals.
- Several production facilities are now approaching commercial-level production, having been successfully demonstrated in several packaging segments, including films and carbonated soft drink bottles. These developments are expected to be followed by increasing support from private vendors as well as the government.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Food and Beverage are One of the Factor Driving the Market
- The demand for online shopping for food and beverages further accelerated due to the recent effects of the pandemic. According to a study conducted by Choueiri Group in May 2020, which involved inputs of 2,800 Saudi participants, consumers in Saudi Arabia ramped up their online purchases of food and beverages during the pandemic; about 55% of the population purchased grocery items online in April, which exponentially higher compared to the 6% before the outbreak.
- Flexible packaging applications for fruits and vegetables are increasing rapidly and are thus driving the studied market. The demand trends can be attributed to the rising trend of down-gauging, which has supported the shift from rigid to flexible packaging.
- A harmonized legislation has been made critical for fillers or importers of food products to demonstrate that their glass containers are suitable for food contact. According to a FEVE report, some member states have already developed or intend to develop specific legislation requirements that cover the use of glass as a food contact material. The introduction of legislation will further streamline the glass package testing industry.
- Fresh fruit and vegetable packaging innovation have several core aims, including product protection, shelf life enhancement, and hygiene defense. The COVID-19 pandemic and a reinvigorated e-commerce boom are increasing functional packaging’s value. There has also been a need to provide customized packaging solutions that keep different fruits and vegetables fresh.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The Asia Pacific Package Testing market is moderately consolidated, with a few major companies like TDDL, Inc., Intertek, SGS, CSZ Testing Services Laboratories, CRYOPAK, Advance Packaging, Nefab are some players. The companies are continuously investing in making strategic partnerships and product developments to gain more market share. Some of the recent developments in the market are:
- October 2020 - NTS, one of the players in testing, inspection, and certification solutions, Reported that its laboratory in Huntsville, AL, has expanded its testing capacities with a multi-million-dollar investment. The NTS lab has added new dual vibration shakers, upgraded its MIL-STD 167 vibration simulator, introduced the Highly Accelerated Life Test (HALT) thermal and vibration screening system, increased its high-flow steam production to 2.2 million pounds per hour for nuclear valve and commercial test applications, and secured its indirect lightning strike test capability.
- April 2021 - SGS has introduced a new comprehensive footwear packaging testing technique. The industry-first testing package assists brand owners and retailers, including e-commerce, in creating packaging that performs effectively, meets environmental and sustainability criteria and assures consumers receive quality footwear.
- Jan 2021 - IFP Institute for product quality announced that it also conducts active research in the field of method development in the field of immunological (protein / antibody-based), molecular biological (DNA-based), and mass spectrometric (protein / peptide-based) allergen analysis. It also manufactures immunological test methods in kit format to detect allergens through Romer Labs under the brand names Agrastrip and AgraQuant Plus.
- June 2021 - Intertek, one of the prominent players in Total Quality Assurance, has partnered with Globizz, a renowned Japanese-American medical device consulting firm, to provide regulatory advising, technical services, and strategic planning to medical device makers in Japan and the United States. The two firms' cooperation will provide experience and resources to customers in both regions for faster, more efficient market access, extending services for both companies, their existing customers, and others in the sector.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.4 Technology Snapshot
4.4.1 Package Integrity Testing
4.4.2 Package Strength Testing
4.4.3 Package Shelf-life Studies
4.4.4 Package Validation
4.5 Package Testing Needs
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Rigorous Control Regulations and Administration and Qualification Demands
5.1.2 Demand for Longer Shelf Life of the Products Under Varying Conditions
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 High Costs Associated with Package Testing
5.3 Impact of COVID-19 on the Package Testing Market
6. INDUSTRY POLICIES
6.1 ASTM Standards
6.2 ISO Standards
6.3 ISTA Standards
7. MARKET SEGMENTATION
7.1 By Primary Material
7.2 By Type of Testing
7.2.1 Physical Performance Testing
7.2.2 Chemical Testing
7.2.3 Environmental Testing
7.3 By End-User Vertical
7.3.1 Food and Beverage
7.3.4 Personal and HouseHold Products
7.3.5 Other End-User
7.4 By Country
8. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
8.1 Company Profiles
8.1.1 DDL, Inc.
8.1.4 CSZ Testing Services Laboratories
8.1.6 Advance Packaging
8.1.8 National Technical Systems
8.1.9 Turner Packaging
9. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
10. FUTURE OUTLOOK OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Asia Pacific Package Testing Market market is studied from 2019 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Asia Pacific Package Testing Market?
The Asia Pacific Package Testing Market is growing at a CAGR of 6.2% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Asia Pacific Package Testing Market?
DDL, Inc., Intertek, SGS, CSZ Testing Services Laboratories, CRYOPAK are the major companies operating in Asia Pacific Package Testing Market.