Fastest Growing Market:
The global wine packaging market was valued at USD 22.03 billion in 2019, and is expected to reach USD 25.78 billion by 2025, registering a CAGR of 2.65% over the forecast period of 2020-2025).
- QR Codes included on the wine label are becoming a trend, as they provide an easy and efficient way for consumers to link the product directly to a company website, email address, or even an online video. Moreover, the double-layered wine bottles are becoming a trend, which keeps wine cold by providing an insulating layer, thereby removing the need to put the bottle back in the fridge. This bottle has already been adopted by German winery Wasem.
- Use of BiB (Bag in box) wine packaging is a key driver for the market as it is made of a multi-layered flexible film that is physically resistant, it offers a barrier against gases and the wine contained in the bag can be consumed gradually as the residual product is protected from contact with the air.
- Wine is recognized as a favored drink on numerous occasions, due to its high availability of extensive selection that caters to particular audience groups. This factor is majorly driving the market toward a steady growth.
- Growing stringent government regulations and environmental concerns related to some of the packaging raw materials is likely to act as restraints to the market growth.
Scope of the Report
Owing to increasing health awareness, the millennial population has turned out to be the largest consumers of wine, worldwide. Although glass bottles are likely to remain dominant in the future, they are expected to face increasing competition from alternative formats and sizes, such as aseptic cartons, cups and goblets, single-serving plastic bottles, aluminum cans, and bag-in-box packaging.
Report scope can be customized per your requirements. Click here.
Key Market Trends
Glass Packaging to Hold Largest Market Share
- Glass is considered to be an effective material for wine packaging, as it provides protection against external chemical, biological, and physical influences. It can also be recycled a number of times without losing its durability or quality. Thus, glass is expected to account for a major proportion of the wine packaging market.
- Diversity of color, shape, printing, and finishing options are some of the factors fueling the product demand in the wine industry. The other major advantage of glass packaging is that it can be molded into various shapes and sizes, facilitating its use across different industry verticals.
- Increasing disposable income of the working population, improving lifestyles, and rising consumer spending on lifestyle products and activities are expected to drive the demand for wine market and prevalent liquor consumption. It is attracting various domestic and international beer manufacturers to expand their footprint in the liquor market.
- Therefore, as glass bottles are mostly used for wine packaging, with increasing wine consumption, glass bottles are also expected to witness an increase in their usage, worldwide.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America to Account for a Major Share
- The North American market is rising due to above average growth of US wine production.
- The United States market is growing due to benefit from continued favorable gains in domestic wine consumption and production and increases in disposable personal income. In the US, wine is being consumed more at the time of meals at home rather than drinking at restaurants or special events.
- Wine containers are experiencing rapidly increasing diversity in terms of package formats and sizes. Cork demand will also benefit from the stronger cultural preference in the US than in many other countries, though growing competition from alternative packaging formats can limit its usage.
- Glass bottles are by far the leading wine container type in US, but glass will continue to lose market share to a growing array of alternative package formats, such as bag in box, plastic bottles, plastic cups, etc.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report.
The wine packaging market is highly fragmented due to the presence of a large number of small players that operate in regional markets and mass of large players that have a global presence. Players are introducing innovative methods of packaging that are not only attractive but are also eco-friendly. Major players are Amcor Limited, Ardagh Group SA, etc. Recent key developments in the market include;
- January 2019 - MASPACK Packaging USA, the American arm of Italian based MASPACK Packaging, is ready to shake up the US market, providing advanced bottling, packaging, and robotics solutions to the wine and beverage industry. With the help of experience and expertise in integration, automation, engineering, and strategic planning, the firm will produce a packaging solution based on the design and delivery solution.
Table Of Contents
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Bag in Box Wine Packaging Due to Multi-layered Flexible Film
4.3.2 Consumer Preferences with Favoured Drink on Occasions
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 Growing Stringent Government Regulations in Raw Material Packaging
4.5 Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Packaging Material
5.1.4 Paper Board
5.1.5 Other Packaging Materials
5.2 By Type of Packaging
5.2.2 Bag in Box
5.2.3 Aseptic Cartons
5.2.4 Other Types of Packaging
5.3.1 North America
5.3.4 Latin America
5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Amcor Limited
6.1.2 Ardagh Group SA
6.1.3 Avery Dennison Corporation
6.1.4 Ball Corporation
6.1.5 CCL Industries Inc.
6.1.6 Encore Glass Inc.
6.1.7 Exal Group
6.1.8 G3 Enterprises Incorporated
6.1.9 International Paper Company
6.1.10 Hoover Container Solutions Incorporated
6.1.11 Enoplastic SpA
6.1.12 Sparflex SA (Maverik Enterprises Incorporated)
6.1.13 Multi-Color Incorporation (Platinum Equity LLC )
6.1.14 Owens-Illinois Group Inc.
*List Not Exhaustive
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
** Subject to Availability