UAE Lubricants Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Forecast Data Period||2023 - 2028|
|Historical Data Period||2018 - 2021|
|CAGR||> 1.00 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
UAE Lubricants Market Analysis
The United Arab Emirates lubricants market is expected to register a CAGR of more than 1% during the forecast period. COVID-19 negatively impacted the market in 2020. However, the market has reportedly reached pre-pandemic levels and is forecasted to grow steadily.
- Growth of the domestic food and beverage industry is expected to fuel market expansion over the projected period.
- The future impact of electric vehicles (EVs) will likely hinder market growth during the forecast period.
- Investments and the government's plans to support industrial growth in the country are likely to provide a major growth opportunity for the market studied during the forecast period.
- The automotive and other transportation segment dominates the market and is expected to continue its dominance during the forecast period.
UAE Lubricants Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the UAE Lubricants Market according to our research experts:
Increasing Construction Activities
- The construction sector in the country has been expanding at a significant rate over the past few years. The trend is expected to continue during the forecast period, primarily due to the increasing number of initiatives taken by the government to develop infrastructure and construction and the improving investor confidence in the country’s economy.
- There are several ongoing construction projects in the country. The government announced 33 new developments in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and the Northern Emirates. For instance, launched in October 2022, the Al Quoz Creative Zone Project in Dubai aims to provide housing for more than 8,000 people.
- The newly developed Dubai Urban Tech District district is located on the Creekside of Al Jaddaf district in Dubai and intends to cover 140,000 square meters of built-up area.
- Furthermore, in Dubai, the Riviera-style project called AlJurf is also under construction and stretches 1.6 km along the Arabian Gulf coast between Abu Dhabi and Dubai. The first phase of the project includes the construction of 293 small villas which are expected to be completed by mid 2023. The overall project includes the construction of a private school, shops, restaurants, boutique hotels, parks, heritage sites and among others.
- Real estate construction is booming significantly in the country. In October 2022, 18 new projects were registered with the Department of Municipalities and Transport (DMT) in Abu Dhabi's online real estate services platform, "DARI."
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Expanding Automotive Sector
- Automotive and other transportation media, such as aircraft and marine, are the largest markets for lubricants. Engine designs are continually improved to enhance performance, increase efficiency, and meet environmental emission regulations.
- Light-duty vehicles include two-wheelers and passenger cars. Engine oils, gear oils, transmission oils, greases, and compressor oils are the most widely used lubricants in the automotive sector.
- Some major functions offered by engine oils are resistance against corrosion and wear and tear to ensure increased engine life and better performance; reduction of friction; increase in engine performance; reduction of fuel consumption; removal of impurities and achieving engine cleanliness; optimizing engine efficiency; and preventing energy loss by providing optimum cooling.
- Due to the persistence of very high temperatures in the United Arab Emirates, thicker engine oils are widely used. The usage of thin oils leads to the quick exhaustion of oils and engine damage.
- The country’s aerospace and marine segments contribute majorly to the demand for engine oil. In December 2022, Abu Dhabi Ship Building started the production of new vessels for navy. It includes the manufacture of Falaj Class vessels for UAE Navy, which is likely to increase the demand for lubricants in the country.
- Furthermore, the country's aerospace is also expanding significantly, thus positively impacting the market for lubriants in the UAE. In July 2022, Strata- a major aircraft manufacturer in the Abu Dhabi received new business from Swiss plane maker Pilatus. Strata aims to add six more production lines for aerospace sector-related manufacturing.
- Moreover, the Abu Dhabi government has announced a USD 2.72 billion investment across six industrial programs to more than double the size of the UAE's aircraft manufacturing industry to USD 46.83 billion over the next eight years.
- Additionally, the country witnessed an increase in the sales of passenger cars. For example, more than 150,000 vehicles were sold in the first half of 2022.
UAE Lubricants Industry Overview
The United Arab Emirates Lubricants market is consolidated in nature. Some of the major players in the market include ADNOC Group, TotalEnergies, ENOC Company, Royal Dutch Shell PLC, and Exxon Mobil Corporation, among others (in no particular order).
UAE Lubricants Market Leaders
Royal Dutch Shell PLC
Exxon Mobil Corporation
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
UAE Lubricants Market News
- August 2022: Gulf Oil Middle East announced to launch a new global product portfolio in the UAE market. The new product range is based on Gulf's breakthrough ThermoShield and Wear-Guard technologies, designed for modern cars.
- March 2022: ADNOC Distribution, the UAE’s largest fuel and convenience retailer, launched a new Voyager Green Series range of lubricant products for both diesel and petrol engines, made from 100% plant-based base oil.
UAE Lubricants Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Construction Activities in the Country
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.2.1 The Growing Penetration of Electric Vehicles
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value-chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size in Volume)
5.1 Product Type
5.1.1 Engine Oils
5.1.2 Transmission And Gear Oils
5.1.3 Hydraulic Fluid
5.1.4 Metalworking Fluid
5.1.6 Other Product Types
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.1 Power Generation
5.2.3 Heavy Equipment
5.2.4 Metallurgy And Metalworking
5.2.5 Other End-user Industries
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%) **/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Chevron Corporation
6.4.3 Royal Dutch Shell PLC
6.4.4 ADNOC Group
6.4.5 Exxon Mobil Corporation
6.4.6 DANA Lubricants Factory LLC
6.4.8 Gulf Oil Middle East Ltd (GOMEL)
6.4.11 ENOC Company
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Investments and Government Plans to Support Industrial Growth in the Country
UAE Lubricants Market Research FAQs
What is the current United Arab Emirates Lubricants Market size?
The United Arab Emirates Lubricants Market is projected to register a CAGR of greater than 1% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Who are the key players in United Arab Emirates Lubricants Market?
ENOC Company, Royal Dutch Shell PLC, Exxon Mobil Corporation, ADNOC Group and TotalEnergies are the major companies operating in the United Arab Emirates Lubricants Market.
UAE Lubricants Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 UAE Lubricants market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. UAE Lubricants analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.