Market Size of Palletizer Industry
|2019 - 2029
|Base Year For Estimation
|Fastest Growing Market
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Palletizer Market Analysis
- The palletizer market was valued at USD 2.37 billion in 2020 and expected to reach USD 3.27 billion by 2026 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.34% over the forecast period (2021-2026). CXOs across industries report that the COVID-19 crisis is prompting them to accelerate plans to invest in automation and robotics to better manage operations, despite facing revenue declines that will result from the pandemic. As organizations heighten their expectations of workplace safety and flexibility, the shift from manual to automated operations is growing in popularity.
- Palletizer is one of the most significant equipments among the automated material handling systems. Depending on the need, conventional palletizers or robotic palletizers are used to automate the pallet building process in a warehouse, distribution, or manufacturing facility. Depending upon the palletizer, many different technologies could also be employed to help the manufacturer make the perfect pallet.
- With the implementation of the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) in 2011, increased focus has been placed on preventing contamination in the US food supply. SCARA robotic palletizers are typically used for food processing. Their low cost, small footprint, and high throughput rates make them attractive to manufacturers looking to increase their efficiency. SCARA robotic palletizers are generally faster than Cartesian palletizers.
- The pharmaceutical sector also plays an essential role in the palletizer industry. Fully automatic palletizers are used for unattended pharmaceutical production. Supported by the European & APAC pharmaceutical industries, the sector is booming. The growing interest and demand for Halal certified beauty products in the MEA region drive the growth of palletizer in the cosmetic industry. In APAC, the growth of palletizer in the personal care sector is fueled by the K-beauty trends with its whimsical and innovative packaging.
- Among all the regions, North America accounts for the largest market share due to the high penetration of packaging machinery in the region. According to Packaging Machinery Manufacturers Institute (PMMI), the Americas market for packaging machinery is estimated to be worth USD 16.1 billion in 2024.
- Driven by Italy and Germany, Europe is also expected to witness a moderate rate. According to the Germany's Federal Statistical Office, the approximately 250 companies, mainly medium-sized organizations produced packaging machinery worth around EUR 7.3 billion, an increase of 2% from previous year. The Italian government's Industry 4.0 incentive scheme is also proving to be aiding the growth of packaging machinery as well as palletizers in Italy.
- Even before the COVID-19 reared its formidable spikes, the adoption of robotics, automated material handling equipment, AI, and other advanced technologies into warehouses and distribution centers (DCs) was on the rise, propelled by the need to manage high-velocity operations with limited and increasingly expensive labor resources while meeting the ever-changing demands generated by digital commerce, thereby driving the studied market growth .