Market Trends of Network Analyzers Industry
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Network Analyzers Market according to our research experts:
Automotive to Witness Significant Market Growth
- The automotive sector is growing rapidly to incorporate several technologies, such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, IoT, 5G technology, and many more, to foster the growth and development of connected and autonomous cars globally.
- Companies like BMW, Tesla, Audi, and many more are already in a position to introduce these cars on the road shortly, whereas several other companies are also competing intensely to raise autonomous cars/vehicles as part of their product portfolio.
- The growth of autonomous cars/vehicles is expected to increase the adoption of sensors, which help in ascertaining the information regarding the vehicle’s surroundings. Also, more than 100 control units are available in a modern vehicle, which further generates a vast amount of information. These connected and autonomous cars continuously send and receive several data, which increases the demand for network analyzers in the industry.
- Also, Molex developed the next-generation Ethernet capabilities for the connected and autonomous car, highlighting the impact of merging in-vehicle communications to meet the future demand for adaptive applications for the connected and autonomous vehicles.
- Further, Blackberry introduced a new software solution for the OEMs and the embedded software developers, QNX Black Channel Communications Technology, to ensure safe data communication exchanges within their safety-critical systems. Suh innovations and developments by the technology providers are expected to create a significant demand for the network analyzers in the automotive industry.
- Recently, Rohde & Schwarz developed test solutions for the embedded designs in the automotive sector and high-speed digital interfaces. The tests specified by the TC9 working group will be demonstrated on an R&S ZNB vector network analyzer using a 1000Base-T1 connection.
Europe Accounts for Significant Market Share
- The European market has a strong growth rate due to robust economic growth and accelerated industrialization. Other factors assuring the market growth in this region are consistent technological innovations and product improvements by major market players. In Europe, the maximum market revenue comes from France, Germany, and the United Kingdom, followed by Europe's remaining countries.
- Growing demand for 4G and 5G and sophisticated technological enhancements is a significant factor driving the Network Analyzer market across Europe. For instance, according to 5G Americas, Western Europe was forecast to account for 28.56% of 5G connections worldwide in 2019. Also, according to Ericsson, the number of 5G mobile subscriptions in Western Europe and Central & Eastern Europe is forecast to exceed 289 million and 155 million, respectively, by 2025.
- As network analyzers measure the network parameters of electrical networks, have made countless modern wireless technologies possible, and are used in a wide range of RF and high-frequency applications, the rising need of connected devices, increasing adoption of smart devices, and rising use of IoT enabled devices are boosting the growth of the market during the forecast period.
- For instance, according to European Telecommunications Network Operators (ENTO), the number of IoT smart buildings' active connections in the European Union (EU) was 5.08 million connections in 2016, and it is expected to reach 154.06 million contacts by 2025. The number of IoT active links in the industry sector is forecast to reach 18.61 million connections by 2025.
- The automotive industry is continuously increasing the presence of technology in vehicles. In the European region, due to technological advancements in the automotive industry, today’s in-vehicle communication networks are becoming more sophisticated as new technologies like Ethernet are fully deployed alongside the entire car. For instance, Anritsu's OTDR and GigE analyzers are used for ensuring the high transmission rates in all points of the in-vehicle network in the United Kingdom.
- According to the European Automobile Manufacturers Association, in June 2020, passenger car sales in the European Union, the United Kingdom, Iceland, Norway, and Switzerland were down by 24.4% Y-o-Y. Though, when comparing the market on a month-to-month basis, it almost doubled in size, i.e., 1.13 million units were sold to customers in the European market, which is anticipated to fuel the growth of the market in the region.