Market Size of Mobile Backhaul Industry
|2019 - 2029
|Base Year For Estimation
|Fastest Growing Market
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Mobile Backhaul Market Analysis
The Mobile Backhaul Market has registered a CAGR of 11.14% over the forecast period. The market is expected to grow steadily, owing to the proliferation of small cells and a drastic rise in mobile data traffic because of the increased number of data-capable devices and high-bandwidth applications.
- Backhaul is the transport of voice and data traffic from a radio cell site to an edge switch at the ingress/egress point of the backbone core network. Mobile backhaul's primary purpose is to gather user data and transfer it to a network, such as an academic institution, government agency, significant institution, or the internet. It can also handle and distribute massive volumes of data, significantly improving the user experience.
- The demand for connected devices such as smartphones is increasing gradually, which drives market growth. The increasing use of point-to-point microwave transport technology is also expected to drive the growth of this market due to its offerings, such as cost-effective backhauling for high-speed voice and data services. Several factors, such as the proliferation of small cells and the high penetration of smartphones, contribute to the market's growth.
- Due to advancements in digital technology and the connectivity level of the internet, with increased dependence on streaming services, 4G networks supported majorly, streaming with AR/VR, 4k/8k video, and 360-degree videos, the 5G video content is expected to be immersive and consuming a higher proportion of the overall data traffic increase the demand of the market.
- Several technological advances are taking place on LTE, known as LTE-Advanced Pro or 4.5G, which provide enhancements such as increased peak bandwidth and energy efficiency for IoT connectivity. The peak bandwidth of 4.5G is approximately 1gbps, which is 8-10x more than regular LTE and would allow mobile devices to accommodate video traffic at 4K quality, among other things. Several industry developments result in new challenges and requirements for MNO network backhaul infrastructure.
- The demand for mobile backhaul requirements saw a new trend during the pandemic due to the growing mobile data traffic and voice. Enterprises also ramped up their digital transformation efforts to combat the effects of the health crisis. With ever-growing end-user demand for video, content, and social media, and a need to work remotely, the reliance on next-generation connectivity to cope with bandwidth-heavy traffic has always been higher. After the pandemic, the market is growing rapidly with an increased number of smartphone subscriptions and internet penetration.