Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Middle East and Africa Package Testing market is expected to register a CAGR of 5.7% over the forecast period (2021 - 2026). With the outbreak of COVID-19, packaging companies providing their solutions to the e-commerce sector are expected to witness more substantial growth in the region as buying habits are evolving into longer-term behavior change. With the closure of considerable physical retail stores during the lockdown, online orders are booming as retailers attempt to keep sales going. The need for e-commerce specific packaging is strong as a result.
- Packaging plays an essential part in the assurance of the integrity and quality of the product. Products are being sourced and shipped worldwide to meet consumer demand globally. For instance, Globalization has increased owing to trade liberalization, improvements in transport infrastructure & communication technologies, and the growth of multinational companies in the food retail sector. This has boosted international trade in perishable foods such as dairy & frozen desserts, fruits & vegetables, meat, fish and seafood, and bakery & confectionery products.
- The packaging of consumable products has witnessed a drastic transformation over the past few decades, focusing on enhancing the shelf life to reduce the costs associated with damaged goods. This emphasis has created a robust demand for effective package testing in the package testing market.
- Moreover, with the evolving nature of the packaging industry, government regulations are also becoming more stringent. Also, the need to comply with packaging standards, such as International Safe Transit Association (ISTA) and International Organization for Standardization (ISO), has further promoted the adoption of testing across various industry verticals in the middle east and Africa.
- Also, there’s a significant drawback in specific tests that attempt to capture drop height data. Unlike temperature, vibration, and humidity, which can be measured continuously, free-fall drops happen infrequently. Also, the vast majority of studies utilize dummy packages, meaning the text package is a box of a specific size and weight, but there’s nothing to break on the inside, such as the actual products being shipped.
Scope of the report
Package testing or packaging testing involves the measurement of a characteristic or property involved in packaging. This includes packaging materials, packaging components, primary packages, shipping containers, and unit loads, as well as the associated processes. The Middle East and Africa Package Testing Market is Segmented by Primary Material Type (Glass, Paper, Plastics, Metal), by type of tests (Physical Performance Test, Chemical Testing, Environmental Testing), by End-User Industry (Food and Beverage, Healthcare, Industrial, Personal and House Hold Products) and Country.
|By Primary Material|
|By Type of Testing|
|Physical Performance Testing|
|By End-User Vertical|
|Food and Beverage|
|Personal and HouseHold Products|
|United Arab Emirates|
|Rest of Middle-East and Africa|
Key Market Trends
Paper and Paperboard is One of the Factor Driving the Market
- The region has a high rate of packaged food and beverage consumption, owing to rapid urbanization and an increasing number of tourists that often prefer safer processed foods. Furthermore, with the increasing number of single households requiring more takeaway and delivery food services, the market requirement in the foodservice sector has been reshaped, driving the growth of the studied market in the country.
- In April 2020, Saudi Arabia’s Asir Municipality ordered restaurants to safely and securely package meals for delivery to protect the customers from COVID-19 by delivering safe packages. According to Choueiri Group, 68 % of respondents in Saudi Arabia reported an increase in their online shopping of groceries, food, and beverages compared to before the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020. This has increased the demand for folding carton packaging for food and beverages in the region.
- The growth of the pharmaceutical industry would further drive the demand for corrugated packaging in the region. Over the years, the government has introduced numerous reforms to boost the pharmaceutical sector in the region. Such reforms include 100% FDI into the sector and efforts to increase the total local pharmaceutical production by 20% by 2020.
- Therefore, it increases the demand for slotted corrugated boxes to ship the pharmaceutical products in bulk. A slotted box is made from one piece of corrugated with all flaps of the same length, and the two outer flaps are one-half the container’s width. Hence, the two longest flaps meet in the center of the box when it’s folded.
- In the region, vendors offer various type of slotted box with the difference in dimensions of inner and outer flaps; some of them are half slotted container, overlap slotted container, full overlap slotted container, center special slotted container, center special overlap slotted container, and center special full overlap slotted container.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Beverage Industry is Observing a Significant Increase
- Consumers are becoming increasingly conscious of health and wellness. From juice in the morning to energy drinks, consumers are spending more on products that provide refreshments and offer wellness. This factor has boosted the demand for cost-effective package testing solutions in the beverage segment.
- Spouted stand-up pouches are increasingly being deployed for packaging liquid products, as they stand up easily on store shelves for more effective and efficient display.
- Consumers’ prefer plastics for beverage packaging, as plastic packages are lightweight and are more comfortable to handle. The major manufacturers prefer to use plastic packaging solutions, as the cost of production is significantly lower.
- Due to stringent government restrictions over the use of non-biodegradable plastics, the companies are restricted from using other non-environment-friendly packaging materials. These products are limiting the profit due to higher costs and are ultimately affecting the overall beverage packaging market.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The Middle East and Africa Package Testing market is moderately consolidated, with a few major companies like TDDL, Inc., Intertek, SGS, CSZ Testing Services Laboratories, CRYOPAK, Advance Packaging, Nefab are some players. The companies are continuously investing in making strategic partnerships and product developments to gain more market share. Some of the recent developments in the market are:
- April 2021 - SGS has introduced a new comprehensive footwear packaging testing technique. The industry-first testing package assists brand owners and retailers, including e-commerce, in creating packaging that performs effectively, meets environmental and sustainability criteria and assures consumers receive quality footwear.
- July 2021- Cryopak, a prominent player in the cold chain packaging sector, has launched a line of polyurethane shipping solutions that were previously only available as custom-designed solutions. The PUR-Forma Long Range Duration line comprises pre-qualified polyurethane shippers made in the United States and Canada. The line includes PUR-Forma Chill (2-8°C), PUR-Forma CRT (15-25°C), PUR-Forma 20B (-20°C), and PUR-Forma DIS (Dry Ice).
- August 2020 - Nefab is expanding its North American manufacturing presence by opening two new facilities in Tucson, Arizona, and Houston, Texas. Nefab is gradually expanding its footprint to serve our customers better worldwide, ensuring that the exact complete packaging solutions and services can be supplied in different countries.
- July 2021 - Intertek Group plc, one of the prominent providers of Total Quality Assurance services, reported the acquisition of JLA Brasil Laboratório de Análises de Alimentos S.A. JLA Brazil, established in Brazil, is one of the market-leading independent providers of food, agricultural, and environmental testing solutions.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.4 Technology Snapshot
4.4.1 Package Integrity Testing
4.4.2 Package Strength Testing
4.4.3 Package Shelf-life Studies
4.4.4 Package Validation
4.5 Package Testing Needs
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Rigorous Control Regulations and Administration and Qualification Demands
5.1.2 Demand for Longer Shelf Life of the Products Under Varying Conditions
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 High Costs Associated with Package Testing
5.3 Impact of COVID-19 on the Package Testing Market
6. INDUSTRY POLICIES
6.1 ASTM Standards
6.2 ISO Standards
6.3 ISTA Standards
7. MARKET SEGMENTATION
7.1 By Primary Material
7.2 By Type of Testing
7.2.1 Physical Performance Testing
7.2.2 Chemical Testing
7.2.3 Environmental Testing
7.3 By End-User Vertical
7.3.1 Food and Beverage
7.3.4 Personal and HouseHold Products
7.3.5 Other End-User
7.4 By Country
7.4.1 Saudi Arabia
7.4.2 United Arab Emirates
7.4.3 South Africa
7.4.4 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
8. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
8.1 Company Profiles
8.1.1 DDL, Inc.
8.1.4 CSZ Testing Services Laboratories
8.1.6 Advance Packaging
8.1.8 National Technical Systems
8.1.9 Turner Packaging
9. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
10. FUTURE OUTLOOK OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Middle East and Africa Package Testing Market market is studied from 2019 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Middle East and Africa Package Testing Market?
The Middle East and Africa Package Testing Market is growing at a CAGR of 5.7% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Middle East and Africa Package Testing Market?
DDL, Inc., Intertek, SGS, CSZ Testing Services Laboratories, Cryopak are the major companies operating in Middle East and Africa Package Testing Market.