Market Size of Micro Mobile Data Center Industry
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Market Size (2023)||USD 7.56 Billion|
|Market Size (2028)||USD 17.02 Billion|
|CAGR (2023 - 2028)||17.62 %|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia-Pacific|
|Largest Market||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Micro Mobile Data Center Market Analysis
The Micro Mobile Data Center Market size is estimated at USD 7.56 billion in 2023, and is expected to reach USD 17.02 billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 17.62% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Micro mobile data centers are box-like containers filled with the same storage, compute power, and networking needed in a regular data center but delivered in a compact unit. Moreover, with technological advancements, they come with integral cloud connectivity, completing a turnkey package for the edge.
- The size, versatility, and plug-and-play features of micro mobile data centers make them ideal for use in remote locations for temporary deployments. They are also well suited for temporary use by businesses in locations that are in high-risk zones for floods or earthquakes. In other words, a micro data center minimizes the traditional model's physical footprint and energy consumed.
- Factors such as increasing global digitalization, internet penetration, the relevance of smart technologies, IoT-powered devices, big data, and the development of 5G networks are likely to drive the micro-mobile data center market trends. According to Ericsson, 5G subscriptions are forecast to increase drastically worldwide from 2019 to 2028, from over 12 million to over 4.5 billion, respectively.
- Furthermore, there is a rising need for containerized data centers as corporate offices migrate their infrastructure regularly. Furthermore, corporations spend more on micro-mobile data center growth as workloads increase. Such factors create significant chances for market expansion in the next years.
- Furthermore, businesses are increasing their cloud presence, necessitating the deployment of portable data centers and rising demand for micro mobile data centers for SMEs organizations due to low cost and lower latency. As a result, there would be more prospects for market growth in the future. However, integration with traditional data centers hampers the growth of the market.
- The COVID-19 outbreak positively impacted market growth, and micro-mobile data center technologies are assisting organizations in meeting the high capacity need for data storage. There is a rising requirement to guarantee that micro-mobile data center operators have the ability and capacity to offer high-performance micro-mobile data centers during periods of elevated data storage demand. After the pandemic, the market is growing rapidly with the increased digitization technologies and permanent work from home jobs. Increased demand for software as a service (SaaS) has driven traffic to data centers like never. Hence, players are investing in these solutions.