Latin America’s gas sensors market is expected to grow to USD 0.13 billion by 2021 at a CAGR of 4.23% over the period 2016-2021. The proliferation of handheld devices has led to developments in the field of smart gas sensors considerably widening their application scope. The need for ensuring safety in workplaces is expected to be the key driving force for the market over the next six years. The growing incorporation of gas sensors in automobiles for the comfort and safety of passengers is mainly responsible for the growth of the automotive gas sensors market. Increasing use of gas sensors in breath analysis to check the health of patients is also driving the demand for gas sensors.
The major trend driving Latin America’s gas sensors market is the development of wireless capabilities and miniaturization coupled with improved communication capabilities, which enables their integration into various devices and machines without compromising the detection of toxic or flammable gases at safe distances. Latin America accounted for about 5% of the global market in 2014, mainly due to advancements in sensor technologies in the region.
Latin America’s gas sensors market is segmented on the basis of type (oxygen sensors, carbon dioxide sensors, carbon monoxide sensors, nox sensors, and others), technology (electrochemical sensors, semiconductor sensors, solid state/MOS, PID, catalytic, and IR), and industry (medical, building automation, environmental, petrochemical, automotive, industrial, and others).
This report gives a detailed study of the Porter’s five forces analysis of the market. All the five major factors in these markets have been quantified using the internal key parameters governing each of them. The report also covers the market landscape of these players, which includes the key growth strategies and competition analysis.
The report also considers key trends that will impact the industry and profiles over 10 leading suppliers of the gas sensors market. Some of the top companies mentioned in the report are:
- ABB Ltd (Switzerland)
- Membrapor AG (Germany)
- NGK Insulators Ltd. (Japan)
- Siemens AG (Germany)
- Yokogawa Electric Corporation (Japan)
What the Report Offers
- Market definition for Latin America’s gas sensors along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for Latin America’s gas sensors market with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies that can influence the market on a regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect Latin America’s gas sensors market on regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
1.1 Key Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 INCREASED DEMAND FOR GAS SENSORS IN AUTOMOBILES FOR COMPLIANCE WITH GOVERNMENTAL REGULATIONS
4.2.2 GROWING AWARENESS ON OCCUPATIONAL HAZARDS ACROSS MAJOR INDUSTRIES
4.2.3 Rising Demand for Safety Systems in the Oil and Gas Industry
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 TECHNICAL (OPERATIONAL) ISSUES IMPEDING NEW CUSTOMER ADOPTION
4.3.2 RISING COSTS AND LACK OF PRODUCT DIFFERENTIATION
4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.5.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
5. Latin America Gas Sensors Market Segmentation - By Type
6. Latin America Gas Sensors Market Segmentation - By Gas Type
6.2 Carbon Monoxide (CO)
6.3 Carbon Dioxide(CO2)
6.4 Nitrogen Oxide
6.6 Others (Ammonia, Methane)
7. Latin America Gas Sensors Market Segmentation - By Technology
7.2 Photoionization Detectors (PID)
7.3 Solid State/Metal-Oxide-Semiconductor
8. Latin America Gas Sensors Market Segmentation - By Application
8.2 Consumer Electronics
8.3 Building Automation
8.6 Food & Beverages
8.9 Oil & Gas
9. Latin America Gas Sensors Market Segmentation - By Country
9.1 Latin America
10. Vendor Market Share Analysis
11. Company Profiles
11.1 Figaro Engineering Inc.
11.2 Dynament Ltd.
11.3 Membrapor AG.
11.5 Nemoto & Co., Ltd.
11.6 Robert Bosch GmbH
11.7 Amphenol Advanced Sensors
11.8 AMS AG
11.9 Trolex Ltd.
11.10 ABB Ltd.
11.11 Siemens AG
11.12 City Technology Ltd.
12. Investment Analysis
13. Future of the Latin America Gas Sensors Market