Market Trends of IT Connector Industry
This section covers the major market trends shaping the IT Connector Market according to our research experts:
IT and Telecom is Expected to Hold Significant Share
- One of the main drivers propelling this business is the increased expenditure on installing 5G networks due to the shift in consumer preference toward smartphone handsets and next-generation technology.
- Other possible drivers of business expansion include an increase in smartphone subscribers, skyrocketing high-speed internet connection demand, and increased demand for value-added management services. For instance, in July 2022, according to the Secretary of the US Department of Agriculture (USDA), the Department spent USD 401 million, providing 31,000 rural people and businesses in 11 states access to high-speed broadband, thus boosting rural infrastructure.
- Increasing investments by major companies worldwide in telecommunication are expected to contribute to market growth over the forecast period. For instance, in August 2022, China Mobile, the biggest provider in the world by the number of customers, spent CNY 58.7 billion (around USD 8.5 Billion) in the 5G market in the first half of 2022. Additionally, China Mobile stated that it was still promoting the joint development and deployment of its 5G infrastructure, with China Broadcasting Network Corporation utilizing spectrum in the 700 MHz range.
- In April 2020, Cinch Connectivity Solutions, a provider of RF connectivity solutions, announced the release of 2.92 mm, 40 GHz cable assemblies, utilizing two Cinch brands, connectors from Johnson, and low-loss PTFE cables from Semflex. The latest 40 GHz Test Cable Assemblies uses 2.92 mm connectors from Johnson, coupled with Semflex HP160S cable with Vp (velocity of propagation) of 76%, offering high performance for test and measurement environments. These cable assemblies provide 40 GHz operating performance and a VSWR max of 1.25. Ideal applications align with the company's 5G/mm-wave product development to support communications, telecom, and test & measurement industries.
Asia-Pacific is Expected to Witness Fastest Growth
- The continuous advancements in communication technologies are the major factors boosting the growth of the IT connectors market, precisely the demand for and the production of consumer electronics in the Asia-Pacific region. For instance, in October 2021, Nokia revealed that its 5G Core was currently supporting APT's live 5G Non-Standalone (NSA) and VoLTE service by leveraging the MOCN's ability to access the 5G RAN.
- Moreover, IT and communications support for automated processes in industrial applications facilitated easier adoption among the manufacturers. Sensor components, faster networks, and flexible interfaces with high levels of reliability and secured hierarchical access, as well as error-correction options, added productivity, continued quality deliveries, and minimized manufacturing costs in the region.
- The government organizations in the region have undertaken many initiatives and regulations to improve the network infrastructure. Growing initiatives are expected to augment the demand for high-speed data transmission cables and connectors. For instance, in September 2022, India's IT Minister announced that the government is spending nearly USD 30 billion to create a strong digital network in remote regions and provide last-mile network connectivity for 4G and 5G in each village nationwide.
- The growing industrial, commercial, and household electronics sectors are expected to impact the Asia Pacific region positively. The installation of connections around the country will be further complemented by government initiatives to enhance the current telecommunications networks.