Germany is expected to see steady growth in the smart meter market. Although the German government rejected the EU mandate of making 80 % of all meters smart, It has planned to roll out a phased strategy that will address its specific requirements around energy efficiency and renewable energy integration. This strategy also plans to install smart meters in medium and large firms. Hence, companies are expected to take a steady but cautious approach to the smart meter market.
Smart Meters and Smart Meter Systems are being deployed throughout the world, and utilities are continuing their efforts to improve grid reliability and promote energy efficiency while providing improved services to their customers. However, concerns have been raised regarding not only the accuracy, security and integrity of these meters, but also with respect to the potential impacts of radio frequency (RF) exposure on the public. This report provides a basic overview for understanding how the electric utility industry seeks to ensure the appropriate level of accuracy, safety, and security. It also makes evident that before being accepted and deployed Smart Meters must meet a number of national standards and comply with state and local codes designed to ensure proper operation, functionality and safety.
While there are technological differences between Smart Meters and older mechanical metering devices, the electric industry exercises the same due diligence and precision for ensuring the accuracy of Smart Meters as it has to older mechanical metering devices for revenue billing application. The accuracy of Smart Meters, both in development and practice, has been confirmed to improve on the older electro-mechanical meter technology. All meters, regardless of technology and design, are required to meet national standards such as ANSI C12 for meter accuracy and operation before being installed.
Several Smart Meter Systems operate by transmitting information wirelessly. However, this has raised some concern about the health effects of wireless signals on electric consumers and the general public. However, studies show the RF exposures of Smart Meters are lower compared to other common sources in the home and operate significantly below Federal Communications Commission (FCC) exposure limits. Additional discussions explain how the location, distance from the transmitter, shielding by meter enclosures, attenuation of building materials, direction of RF emissions, and transmit duty cycle significantly reduce exposure to consumers.
What the Report Offers
· Market definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
· Market analysis for the global smart meters market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
· Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
· Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
· Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the global smart meters market on both global and regional scale.
· A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Methodology
3. Germany Smart Gas Market Overview
3.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast to 2022 (in USD billion)
3.3 Market Size and Demand Forecast to 2022 (in thousand units)
3.4 Government Policies and Regulations
3.5 Recent Trends and Developments
3.6 Natural Gas Price Analysis
4. Market Dynamics
5. Porter’s Five Forces Framework
5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
5.3 Threat of New Entrants
5.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
5.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
6. Germany Smart Gas Meters Market Analysis, by Type
6.1 Ultrasonic Gas Meters
6.1.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast to 2022 (in USD billion)
6.2 Diaphragm Gas Meters
6.2.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast to 2022 (in USD billion)
6.3.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast to 2022 (in USD billion)
7. Germany Smart Gas Meters Market Analysis, by Application
7.1.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast to 2022 (in USD billion)
7.2 Commercial and Industrial
7.2.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast to 2022 (in USD billion)
8. Key Company Profiles
8.1 Toshiba Corporation
8.2 Badger Meter Europa GmbH
8.3 Diehl Metering GmbH
8.4 Elster GmbH
8.6 Sensus USA Inc.
8.7 Trillian Inc.
8.8 Itron Inc.
8.9 EDMI Limited
(*Exhaustive list of companies will be provided in the full report. However, we would be glad to profile
the companies that you are interested in.)
9. Competitive Landscape
9.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
9.2 Joint Ventures, Collaborations and Agreements