|Study Period:||2015 - 2026|
|Largest Share by Product Type:||Engine Oils|
|Fastest Growing by Product Type:||Transmission & Gear Oils|
The Germany Passenger Vehicles Lubricants Market is at 279.15 million liters in 2021 and is projected to register a CAGR of 1.92% to reach 306.98 million liters in 2026. In 2020, post the COVID-19 outbreak, the usage of passenger cars significantly dropped due to the restrictions imposed as a response to the pandemic. As a result, lubricant consumption dropped by over 18% in 2020.
- Largest Segment by Product Type - Engine Oils : Engine oil is the leading product type due to its high volume requirements and low drain interval. It is used for regular high-temperature and high-pressure applications.
- Fastest Segment by Product Type - Transmission & Gear Oils : The expected recovery of passenger vehicle sales and production in the country from 2021 is likely to drive the demand for transmission oils during the forecast period.
Scope of the Report
|By Product Type|
|Transmission & Gear Oils|
Key Market Trends
Largest Segment By Product Type : Engine Oils
- Since 2016, engine oil consumption in passenger vehicles in Germany has been consistently declining. Despite growth in passenger vehicle parc, declining service intervals of passenger cars and growing penetration of electric cars have been the key factors causing this drop.
- In 2020, post the COVID-19 outbreak, the usage of passenger cars significantly dropped due to restrictions imposed to curb the pandemic. Thus, lubricant consumption levels dropped by around 19% in 2020.
- Although passenger vehicle sales in the country have been showing significant recovery, the second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic is likely to impact lubricant consumption. The shortage in semiconductor supply is also likely to restrict the production of major automotive OEMs in the country, and thereby impact lubricant consumption.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
The Germany Passenger Vehicles Lubricants Market is fairly consolidated, with the top five companies occupying 71.69%. The major players in this market are BP PLC (Castrol), ExxonMobil Corporation, FUCHS, LIQUI MOLY and Royal Dutch Shell Plc (sorted alphabetically).
- June 2021: TotalEnergies and Stellantis group renewed their partnership for cooperation across different segments. Along with the renewal of partnerships with Peugeot, Citroën, and DS Automobiles, the new collaboration extends to Opel, and Vauxhall as well. This partnership includes the development and innovation of lubricants, first-fill in Stellantis group vehicles, recommendation of Quartz lubricants, and shared usage of charging stations operated by TotalEnergies, among others.
- May 2021: ExxonMobil and Innio entered a long-term partnership agreement for Innio's Jenbacher Series 2, 3, 4, 6, and 9 natural gas engines. This partnership is designed to expand Innio's involvement with ExxonMobil in the development of lubricants.
- April 2021: FUCHS Lubricants unveiled TITAN GT1 FLEX C23 SAE 5W-30, a new high-performance engine oil for use in passenger cars and vans.
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary & Key Findings
2.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
2.2 Scope of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3. Key Industry Trends
3.1 Automotive Industry Trends
3.2 Regulatory Framework
3.3 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Product Type
4.1.1 Engine Oils
4.1.3 Hydraulic Fluids
4.1.4 Transmission & Gear Oils
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Key Strategic Moves
5.2 Market Share Analysis
5.3 Company Profiles
5.3.1 AVISTA OIL
5.3.2 BP PLC (Castrol)
5.3.3 ExxonMobil Corporation
5.3.4 Finke Mineralölwerk GmbH
5.3.6 LIQUI MOLY
5.3.7 PETRONAS LUBRICANTS INTERNATIONAL
5.3.8 ROWE MINERALÖLWERK GMBH
5.3.9 Royal Dutch Shell Plc
6.1 Appendix-1 References
6.2 Appendix-2 List of Tables & Figures
7. Key Strategic Questions for Lubricants CEOs
List of Tables & Figures
PASSENGER VEHICLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, GERMANY, 2015 - 2026
GERMANY PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2015-2026
GERMANY PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
GERMANY PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, ENGINE OILS, 2015-2026
GERMANY PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, ENGINE OILS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
GERMANY PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, GREASES, 2015-2026
GERMANY PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, GREASES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
GERMANY PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, HYDRAULIC FLUIDS, 2015-2026
GERMANY PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, HYDRAULIC FLUIDS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
GERMANY PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, TRANSMISSION & GEAR OILS, 2015-2026
GERMANY PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, TRANSMISSION & GEAR OILS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
GERMANY PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, MOST ACTIVE COMPANIES, BY NUMBER OF STRATEGIC MOVES, 2018 - 2021
GERMANY PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, MOST ADOPTED STRATEGIES, 2018 - 2021
GERMANY PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET SHARE(%), BY MAJOR PLAYERS, 2019
- Vehicle Types - Passenger Vehicles are considered under the passenger vehicle lubricants market.
- Product Types - For the purpose of this study, lubricant products such as engine oils, transmission & gear oils, hydraulic fluids and greases are taken into consideration.
- Service Refill - Service/maintenance refill is considered while accounting the lubricant consumption for passenger vehicles, under the study.
- Factory Fill - First lubricant fill-ups for newly produced passenger vehicles are considered under the study.
Mordor Intelligence follows a four-step methodology in all our reports.
- Step-1: Identify Key Variables: The quantifiable key variables (industry and extraneous) pertaining to the specific product segment and country are selected from a group of relevant variables & factors based on desk research & literature review; along with primary expert inputs. These variables are further confirmed through regression modeling (wherever required).
- Step-2: Build a Market Model: In order to build a robust forecasting methodology, the variables and factors identified in Step-1 are tested against available historical market numbers. Through an iterative process, the variables required for market forecast are set and the model is built on the basis of these variables.
- Step-3: Validate and Finalize: In this important step, all market numbers, variables and analyst calls are validated through an extensive network of primary research experts from the market studied. The respondents are selected across levels and functions to generate a holistic picture of the market studied.
- Step-4: Research Outputs: Syndicated Reports, Custom Consulting Assignments, Databases & Subscription Platforms