Market Size of Flow Meters Industry
|2019 - 2029
|Market Size (2024)
|USD 8.03 Billion
|Market Size (2029)
|USD 10.99 Billion
|CAGR (2024 - 2029)
|Fastest Growing Market
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Flow Meters Market Analysis
The Flow Meters Market size is estimated at USD 8.03 billion in 2024, and is expected to reach USD 10.99 billion by 2029, growing at a CAGR of 6.47% during the forecast period (2024-2029).
Flow meters, called flow sensors, are electronic devices that primarily measure or regulate the flow rate of liquids and gases within pipes and tubes. They are commonly used in HVAC systems, medical devices, chemical factories, and septic systems. These meters can primarily detect leaks, blockages, pipe bursts, and liquid concentration changes owing to contamination or pollution.
- The flow sensors/devices are generally connected to the gauges to render their measurements; however, they can also be connected to computers and digital interfaces. Flow meters can be divided into two groups, contact, and non-contact flow meters. Non-contact flow meters are used when the liquid or gas (generally, a food product) being monitored would be otherwise contaminated or physically altered by coming in contact with the moving parts.
- Multiple emerging technologies, such as IIoT, asset management, and advanced diagnostics, are also helping in forming new collaborations among users and suppliers. Moreover, the strategies for both end users and suppliers have been leveraging advancements in networking and cloud platforms and service offerings that include data and analytics. Flow meters are also witnessing a steady rise in the demand for monitoring and measuring the flow of steam, gas, water, chemicals, and mineral oil, among others. These meters offer essential precision regarding ideal and economic quantity during flow measurement. They offer advantages when it comes to processing control.
- Major trends in flow meter technology include digital signals for flow meters, multiple measurement formats, online diagnosis and troubleshooting, remote calibration and configuration, and smart sensors with online alerts. The technological advancements via robust research and development have also enabled the industry to develop appropriate solutions to complex operational problems. Automated cleaning is also one of the revolutionary trends observed in the market. This trend is advantageous for industries such as water and wastewater management.
- However, certain factors are projected to hinder market expansion. The existing flowmeters in the market are only sometimes compatible with modern machines and infrastructure. Therefore, there is a need to replace the existing outdated versions with newer, efficient, and compatible instruments. The expense of replacing the old instruments with the new generation of equipment might be a costly procedure. This will most certainly limit the market for Flow Meters.
- Industrial sectors, such as oil and gas, chemicals, pulp and paper, and metals and mining, were most affected due by the Covid-19 pandemic, thus witnessing a subsequent decline in the demand for products offered by these industries. However, demand significantly surged in many industrial sectors serving the pharmaceutical, energy, and utility applications. Furthermore, the pandemic also significantly fueled industrial automation adoption, resulting in increased product launches during the pandemic and innovation.