- In December 2022, Siam Cement BigBloc Construction Technologies ( a 52:48 joint venture of BigBloc Construction Limited and SCG INTERNATIONAL INDIA PVT LTD) successfully acquired land in Gujarat, India, for setting up a factory to produce AAC Blocks and Panels with an annual production capacity of 300,000 cubic meters which is expected to commence by the year 2023.
- In October 2021, Wienerberger completed the acquisition of Meridian Brick in the North American region by acquiring the business in the United States and Canada. Meridian Brick produces more than 1.1 billion bricks annually and is a leading brick supplier in Texas, the southeastern USA, Ontario, and Canada.
Get full market coverage in this industry. Download Sample Report.
Related Construction Chemicals and Materials Industry News
- February 2023: HasslacherHolding GmbH acquired a 40% stake in Egoin Wood Group. With production sites in Ea (Biscay) and Legutio (Araba), this globally engaged company has more than 30 years of experience in the creation of construction timber solutions. The overall production capacity for engineered wood products at Egoin Wood Group was 22,000 m3 (14,000 m3 cross-laminated timber and 8,000 m3 glulam), but that capacity was anticipated to increase to up to 52,000 m3 when the third cross-laminated timber plant in Legutio opened in mid-2023.
- October 2022: Stora Enso announced its product, Sylva. It is a massive wood building kit comprising pre-manufactured, custom-made applications delivered in time to the building site. Stora launched this product to meet the demand for sustainable and innovative construction solutions and strengthen its business in the sustainable wood structure market for low-carbon buildings.
- In December 2022, Balfour Beatty signed a memorandum of understanding with Holtec Britain and Hyundai Engineering and Construction (HDEC) to develop small modular nuclear reactors in the United Kingdom.
- In October 2022, Balfour Beatty today announced that its 50:50 joint venture, Gammon, has been awarded an HKD 1.3 billion (USD 0.17 million) contract on behalf of Top Oasis Limited, a consortium formed by Sino Land Company Limited and CSI Properties Limited for the construction of a residential development in Yau Tong, Hong Kong.
- August 2023: Royal White Cement Inc. announced its plans to build a new cement terminal in Houston, Texas, to produce slag, grey cement, and white cement. The company has strengthened its market presence by expanding its footprint in Houston.
- March 2023: Argos USA LLC has been awarded the Energy Star certification from the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The company has strengthened its market presence by reducing the electricity use and CO2 emissions from its manufacturing process.
The recent developments pertaining to the market will be provided in the full report.
June 2023: Glen Raven, a provider of innovative textiles and performance solutions, reached an agreement to sell its Strata geosynthetics products and related construction business to Hella Infra Market Private Ltd., an India-based B2B online procurement marketplace for construction materials.
May 2023: HUESKER Synthetic GmbH introduced high-quality geogrids manufactured from 100% recycled PET. The recycled material is obtained from disposed polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottles and is an engineered equivalent alternative to virgin PET yarn.
March 2023: Solmax unveiled a reflective membrane to increase power yield in bifacial Photovoltaic (PV) projects. The new product, Geolux, consists of a reflective geomembrane made of polyethylene resins and coated with a thin white polyethylene layer that reflects UV rays. The material is also inert and does not cause any chemical reaction with the ground.
February 2023: Creative Composites Group (CCG), the leading manufacturer of Fiber Reinforced Polymer (FRP) composites, has announced that the group has acquired Enduro Composites, a leading manufacturer of FRP products since 1954 based in Houston, Texas.
November 2022: All Weather Insulated Panels (AWIP), an industry leader in foam composite insulated metal panels, has announced an expansion of its wall panel product line with the launch of the DM44 Mesa Panel.
November 2022: BEWI ASA has entered an agreement for the acquisition of 80% of the leading Spanish insulation company Aislamientos y Envases S.L. (Aislenvas). Through this acquisition, the company expands its geographic footprint into Spain, primarily within the market for insulation solutions.
- April 2023: Kronospan announced the separation of all of its business activities, including decorative laminates, in Russia. The separation was completed with an effective date of August 31, 2022.
- December 2022: SURTECO North America Inc. acquired the laminates and performance films and coated fabrics business from Synthomer PLCs subsidiary, Omnova Solutions Inc. Omnoca Solutions is now a division of SURTECO.
- June 2023: Greenlam Industries opened its exclusive display centers for Greenlam Laminates in Patna, Chandigarh, and Hisar.
- March 2023: FORMICA announced the inauguration of its premier showroom at SouthEx, New Delhi, and will showcase the company's flagship products for the Indian Market - FENIX and DecoMetal.
- October 2022: Uniboard Canada announced the appointment of Atlantic Plywood as a distributor for Uniboard products in the US Midwest. The offering will include 24 specifically selected colors of Uniboard's Thermally Fused Laminates (TFL) and High Pressure Laminates (HPL) product line.
- August 2022: LL Flooring opened three new stores in Abilene, Texas; Mundelein, Illinois; and Prescott Valley, Arizona, bringing its total retail footprint to 440 locations across the United States.
- July 2022: Arkema announced the acquisition of Polimeros Especiales, a leading high-performance waterborne resin manufacturer in Mexico. The acquisition is expected to help Arkema further increase the production capacity of waterborne resins used in various construction applications.
- May 2022: Sika AG opened a new plant in Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia, to double its production capacity for mortar and concrete admixtures. The new plant is expected to help Sika AG to position itself for continued growth in the dynamic Bolivian construction market.