Off-The-Shelf Second Hand Furniture News
- In March 2023, IKEA proposes major Richmond store expansion, growing by 50% in size. The company submitted a development permit application to the municipal government to seamless perform a major building expansion of the existing building at 3320 Jacombs Road
- In June 2022, IKEA launched GREAKER, a new cabinet with drawers with added safety and stability features designed to decrease one of the furnishing industry's most serious safety issues furniture tip over.
Get full market coverage in this industry. Download Sample Report.
Related Furniture and Furnishings Industry News
- In December 2023, Godrej & Boyce, a pioneer in driving sustainable practices in business launched Conscious Collective - a new initiative from the Godrej Design Lab. The first edition of Conscious Collective aspires to herald a new era of design-led innovation with a strong focus on sustainability and circularity that help consumers make conscious choices.
- In April 2023, India's First-Ever Safety Application for Material Handling Godrej and Boyce, India's flagship company launched i-Report, its innovative safety solution to improve safety in the material handling industry in India. The app will help to bridge the gaps in the industry’s safety policy and standards by providing a 360-degree safety solution to their customers as well as business partners by providing remote and real-time incident reporting and audit capabilities, as well as training and consultation.
- June 2023: The FITOUT, one of the leading providers of comprehensive interior solutions in the Middle East and a subsidiary of Union Properties, has collaborated with the Gurian, an Italian furniture manufacturing company, to expand its product offerings and introduce Italy's finest luxury furniture to the UAE market.
- June 2023: Vivium Holding, a progressive single family office announces a strategic distribution agreement with Kettal, the renowned Spanish outdoor furniture brand driven by design and innovation. With Kettal's first UAE store to debut early next year, the collaboration adds to Vivium Holding's growing investments portfolio
- In 2022, Japanese furniture and home furnishing brand Nitori Retail has opened its first outlet in Singapore on March 31, spanning 31,630 sq ft on level four of Courts Nojima The Heeren in Orchard.
- In 2022, IKEA and H&M are teaming up to create an 'ideas factory' on the high street that aims to seek out, mentor and promote designers and small-scale manufacturers in London.
- September 2023: International firms are rapidly expanding into the Vietnam furniture industry as a result of lower tariffs, an easy trading environment, convenient logistic services, and a wide range of materials for manufacturing furniture in the country. Denmark’s JYSK and BoConcept are the leading international players in this expansion. The international players are aiming to establish their manufacturing plants as well as to capture the Vietnamese furniture retail chain.
- July 2023: AA Corporation completed the interior fit-out works, supplying and installing millwork and loose furniture at the Regent Phu Quoc resort. The resort has 176 suites and 126 villas with spacious rooms, and AA Corporation has supplied luxurious furniture for these rooms and suits. For this project, the company has provided mixed-use furniture development comprising luxury residences and a hotel.
- January 2022: IKEA improved its e-commerce capabilities after having difficulty adapting after the pandemic. This was expected to improve its exports and imports across the globe and in Vietnam.
- August 2022: Cybeart, a Canadian manufacturer of premium gaming accessories, announced the world's first Lord of the Rings Chair on 25th August 2022. In addition to Cybeart's existing range of officially licensed products, the upcoming product line will be a continuation of its ongoing partnership with Warner Bros.
- June 2022: CORSAIR, a world leader in PC gaming peripherals and enthusiast components, launched the new CORSAIR TC200 Fabric Gaming Chair and the CORSAIR TC200 Leatherette Gaming Chair, a pair of bold new additions to the growing CORSAIR gaming furniture lineup. Each chair's racing-inspired design features a wide seat surface and extended height range, to accommodate taller individuals and help them sit in a relaxed position while gaming.
- January 2023 - Majid Al Futtaim's Lifestyle division has taken on the UAE rights for Poltrona Frau, the luxury Italian furniture brand known for its leather interiors. This marks the UAE entity's entry into the home interiors space, which has been recording some fast-track growth in recent years in sync with developments in the wider property market.
- August 2022 - One of the top luxury furniture retailers in the UAE, Sophia Home is the home of traditional and modern luxury furniture as well as carefully chosen home décor items from interior designers to make your house a luxurious residence. Sophia Home has opened its second showroom in the United Arab Emirates at Dubai Hills Mall. In Abu Dhabi, it has become one of the best places to buy high-end furniture.
- In January 2022, Indonesia approved a $6 billion merger of telco units of Qatar's Ooredoo and Hong Kong's CK Hutchison.
- In October 2022, Indonesian furniture retailer Febelio has declared bankruptcy.
- In October 2022, Marge Carson, a manufacturer of handcrafted furniture based in California, was purchased by Linly Designs, an interior design and retail business in Chicago. The Marge Carson furniture line is famous not just in the United States but also around the world for its high quality, proportional forms, and textiles in the industry.
- In September 2022, introduced by Muebles Picó, the purpose of the new outdoor collections as part of an exhibit in Valencia is to deliberately blur the lines between indoors and outdoors by providing seamless, unnoticeable transitions to the outdoor living and dining areas.
- October 2020: Trident Limited has been granted patent for 'FITTED SHEET WITH IMPROVED GRIPPING EFFECT' by United States Patent Office. The grant of this patent provides further recognition of the quality of the innovation being carried out by Trident.
- March 2019- Himatsingka Seide informed the bourses that it has entered into a licensing agreement with the Iconix Brand Group for the Royal Velvet brand.
In 2021, Trident Group Inaugurates Multispecialty Hospital in Budhni, Madhya Pradesh. It has made huge strides towards its vision to provide state-of-the-art healthcare facilities to the general public as well as the company's employees and their family members, with the establishment. Also Trident Group setting benchmarks to combat the spread of COVID-19.
In 2020, Bombay Dyeing weaving every thread into a grand tapestry. After a long gap, Wadia group's textile company Bombay Dyeing is looking at entering readymade apparel once again with menswear products. Earlier, it had an apparel brand, Vivaldi, which the company sold to Proline to manage. The company is growing 30-35 per cent in retail and textile segment, and thus plannede to grow with more rate of growth annualy.