Hong Kong Data Center News
- November 2022: The company had announced the opening of its new regional office in Kowloon, Hong Kong. The office would help the company strengthen its expansion, and would cater business needs such as engineering, construction, and sales in the APAC region.
- November 2022: The company announced the launch of BDx Indonesia, following the completion of a USD 300 million joint venture agreement with PT Indosat Tbk (Indosat Ooredoo Hutchison or IOH) and PT Aplikanusa Lintasarta, Big Data Exchange (BDx).
- August 2022: Global Switch announced plans of selling its announced plans of selling its USD11 billion business. The companies which plan to purchase the business are EQR, PAG, KKR, Gaw Capital and Stonepeak.
Get full market coverage in this industry. Download Sample Report.
Related Information Technology Industry News
- August 2022: Low6, the award-winning global leader in sports gamification, partnered with SCCG. The famous gaming industry investment and management firm will assist with identifying and facilitating North American-based Sports Betting Operators interested in leveraging Low6's technology to recruit new consumers.
- March 2022: NSoft, was committed to always providing the finest customer-centric solutions to its partners worldwide. It accelerated the growth of its gamification offer and engagement strategy by adding Ziqni to its operator portfolio. NSoft received a robust and easy-to-use solution through the Ziqni platform as part of the exclusive partnership, allowing it to provide a powerful and highly configurable gamification solution for its iGaming and Casino business partners.
- In March 2023, CrowdStrike and Dell Technologies announced a new partnership agreement to provide enterprises with seamless and affordable products to help them avoid, detect, and respond to cyber-attacks. The partnership includes focused services for companies of all sizes. Due to the new strategic alliance, organizations can manage cyber threats and safeguard their cloud workloads, endpoints, identities, and data.
- In March 2023, Infinity Global Services, a comprehensive security solution that can enable businesses of all sizes to protect their systems, from the cloud to the network to the endpoint, was presented by Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. The new service is expected to increase Check Point's end-to-end security offerings across thirty categories, enabling businesses to develop and improve their cybersecurity procedures and systems and show their level of cyber resilience.
- January 2023 - The Jordan Digital Centre (JDC), an innovative facility with offices in Amman that offers professional consulting, digital, and technology assistance to clients throughout the Middle East market, was established by Deloitte. Establishing JDC is a strategic step in the recognized professional services company's growth objectives, scaling up its investment in regional talent and producing effect for customers.
- January 2023 - EY established a dedicated legal practice in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia as part of the expansion of its MENA Law offering. Ten specialists in Riyadh will initially make up the practice, serving clients nationwide. According to the business, Saudi Arabia is an important market for its regional aspirations. Reema would take charge of the newly established EY Law Saudi practice at a crucial moment in the company's development of highly complementary legal consulting services for EY clients in the Kingdom.
- March 2023 - Akamai Technologies announced an agreement to acquire Ondat, a cloud-based storage technology provider with a Kubernetes-native platform for running stateful applications anywhere at scale. Acquiring Ondat's cloud storage technology and industry-recognized talent will strengthen Akamai's cloud computing offerings.
- November 2022 - GDS signed an agreement with DCConnect to use SDN to provide its clients with connectivity and network automation solutions. GDS' data center platform in China and Southeast Asia has innovative data center design, high technical requirements, and solid operating procedures. GDS is expanding with multiple strategic locations in Asia and transforming its technology with DCConnect.
- August 2022 - Nokia announced a strategic partnership with Furukawa Electric LatAm, the region's network cabling provider. Optical LANs are among the expanding commercial services based on advanced optical fiber technology. They offer ultra-high bandwidth to support numerous critical and high-bandwidth applications for various use cases. About 450 enterprise customers, including hotel chains, manufacturing, airports, schools, healthcare providers, the government, and others, have chosen Nokia's optical LAN solutions for deployment.
- December 2022 - Tech Mahindra and (DEPA), a government agency established under Thailand's Ministry of Digital Economy and Society signed MoU with the company to accelerate Thailand's digital transformation. DEPA promotes In order to achieve economic, social, cultural and security benefits, the development of a digital industry and innovation as well as widespread adoption of digital technologies.
- September 2022 - Thailands National Cyber Security Agency (NCSA) planned to expand the enforcement of its standard framework of security requirements from the present 60 organizations of critical information infrastructure (CII) to 120 by the end of 2022. Software and operating systems, which are required to be implemented by public agencies and private companies in seven categories of CII, shall form a part of the framework. As a result, opportunities for cybersecurity solutions providers in the country with rising demand from various users would arise through these changes to the framework.
- August 2023: Responsum, a cutting-edge generative AI acceleration platform headquartered in Austin, entered into a strategic partnership with Elixirr, a renowned management consulting firm. Leveraging Responsum's robust large language models (LLMs) and AI methodologies, businesses can now harness the power of advanced technologies such as GPT-4. This collaboration aims to drive improvements in sales force efficiency, elevate the customer experience, expedite access to internal data and reporting, and enable comprehensive document and data analysis at scale.
- July 2023: KPMG has unveiled ambitious plans to invest a staggering USD 2 billion in artificial intelligence (AI) and cloud services through a strategic alliance with Microsoft over the next five years. This global expansion of their existing Microsoft partnership is projected to yield up to USD 12 billion in revenue within the next half-decade. KPMG's investment will enable the automation of critical processes, including tax, audit, and consulting services, while empowering their staff to deliver faster and more insightful analyses through increased utilization of AI and cloud computing resources.
- April 2023 - Samsung Electronics, one of the global leaders in advanced semiconductor technology, and AMD signed a multi-year agreement extension to offer multiple generations of high-performance, ultra-low-power AMD Radeon graphics solutions to an extended portfolio of Samsung Exynos SoCs. Through the licensing extension, Samsung would bring console-level graphics quality and optimized power consumption to more mobile devices, providing a long-lasting gaming experience.
- March 2023 - AWS and NVIDIA Collaborated on Next-Generation Infrastructure for Training Large Machine Learning Models and Building Generative AI Applications. The combined work features Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) P5 instances offered by NVIDIA H100 Tensor Core GPUs and AWS’s networking and scalability that would deliver up to 20 exaFLOPS of compute performance to build and train the largest deep learning models. P5 instances would be the GPU-based instance to take advantage of AWS’s second-generation Elastic Fabric Adapter (EFA) networking, which offers 3,200 Gbps of low-latency, high bandwidth networking, enabling consumers to scale up to 20,000 H100 GPUs in EC2 UltraClusters.
- May 2023: TDCX officially unveiled its plans for the expansion of its facility in Sao Paulo, Brazil. The company is a leading provider of digital customer experience (CX) solutions for technology and blue-chip enterprises. With the advent of cutting-edge technologies, including generative artificial intelligence (AI), TDCX is poised to revolutionize the CX landscape in various domains. These advancements empower service providers like TDCX to further automate their operations, offer enhanced predictive capabilities through data analysis, and optimize procedures for their valued clients. The decision to expand into Brazil underscores the country's growing appeal as a prime destination for digital customer experience solutions and IT services.
- April 2023: Atos SE made a significant announcement regarding the establishment of three state-of-the-art cloud centers in India (located in Pune and Bangalore) and Poland. These centers are strategically positioned to provide comprehensive support to Atos's customers throughout their entire cloud journey. From facilitating seamless cloud migration to ensuring continuous optimization and accelerating innovation, Atos is committed to safeguarding these processes under a robust cybersecurity framework. The cloud centers are designed to cater to a wide range of business sectors, including healthcare and life sciences, resources and services, financial services and insurance, manufacturing, media and entertainment, public sector and defense, as well as telecom.
- October 2022: Kuko's group K2 partnered with Sinar Mas to construct, develop, and operate hyperscale data centers in Indonesia. The JV's first development, K2 Data Centre Jakarta 1 Campus, comprised four data center facilities in Bekasi Regency, Greater Jakarta, and delivered 58.8 MW of IT capacity at full build-out. The first phase is planned to be in service in early 2024.
- June 2022 - Vantage Data Centers announced data center campuses in Poland and Germany. Vantage's 13-acre facility in Germany finished the first of two buildings. The site was to have 32MW spread across 250,000 square feet once it was fully finished (24,000 sqm).
- June 2023 - Oracle announced its plans to develop powerful, generative AI services for organizations across the world. The company will provide native generative AI services to help organizations automate end-to-end business processes, improve decision-making, and enhance customer experiences, in collaboration with Cohere, a leading AI platform for enterprise.
- May 2023 - Informatica announced significant innovations to its AI-Powered Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC) at Informatica World 2023. The enhancements across data engineering, MDM applications, and data governance are expected to help enterprises reduce costs, maximize resources, and improve productivity, while accelerating time to value.