Market Trends of Asia-Pacific Solar Control Window Films Industry
This section covers the major market trends shaping the APAC Solar Control Window Films Market according to our research experts:
Increasing Demand from Construction Industry
- The construction industry, which includes commercial and residential buildings, accounts for the major share in the solar control films market.
- These windows filmshave been extensively used in commercial and residential buildings, as a protective sheet installed on the windows.
- These window films serve a wide variety of purposes, like providing protection against damaging ultraviolet radiations that can cause fading of fabrics, furnishings, or display articles, blocking glare, reducing heat within a building, lowering energy costs by reducing air conditioning needs, and providing privacy while making buildings look attractive.
- Varying levels of insulation are also available that assists in keeping the energy usage under control in any kind of climate.
- They also play a major role in enhancing the home exterior and appearance. Due to their advanced benefits, they are preferred more as compared to other types of films.
- Aforementioned factors are expected to increase the demand of solar control window films over the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
China to Dominate the Market
- The Chinese solar control window films market is driven by the constructionmarket.
- The construction market in China is the largest in the region, which is almost two times the size of the construction industry of Japan.
- China's residential building sector witnessed the growth accelerate inpast few years,as greater land supply was made available,in an effort torebalance supply and demand and dampen the overheating housing market.
- Furthermore, the energy consumption in commercial and residential buildings is also increasing in China.Air conditioners are among the primeconsumers of energy these days.
- Currently,more thanone trillion kilowatt-hours of electricityisconsumed by residential, commercial, and industrial air conditioning annually.
- Additionally, automotive heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems (HVAC systems) also consume a huge amounts of energy, which results in the generation of exhaust emissions. However, China is already moving ahead and is expected to surpass the United States as the world's biggest user of electricity for air conditioning, by 2020.
- The aforementioned factors are contributing to the increasing demand for solar control window films’ consumption in the region, during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report