Whey protein is traditionally a by-product of cheese manufacturing. Whey has come a long way, from a just a by-product to a highly concentrated protein solution, to become one of the most sophisticated industry. It is a mixture of Beta-lactoglobulin, Alpha-lactalbumin, Bovine serum albumin and Immunoglobins. High end technologies are being employed to manufacture valuable Whey derivatives from milk. Health conscious consumers, with a greater need of body protein intake, are the major demand center for the products here.
North America is the second largest market for Whey protein after Europe. Both in terms of exports and imports. Whey protein market in the region is highly matured and still growing. United States was the major market within the region. United States is highly matured market for Whey protein with over 1000 Whey containing products entering the market every year. High demand for clinical nutrition such as for anti-ageing and immune boosters pumped the market for Whey ingredients in the country. Further, matured dairy sector and increasing infant formula production spiked the Whey protein market in the United States.
Agropur MSI, American dairy Products institute, Arla Foods, DMK Group, Milk Specialities Global are some major players in the industry. Their product portfolio, research & development, strategic initiatives and commitment towards meeting consumer's demands play a major role maintaining market stability.
In this report we offer,
- Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the United States Whey Protein Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and a regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies, which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
- Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the United States Whey Protein market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Why should you buy this report?
- For getting a comprehensive overview of the United States Whey Protein market.
- To gain wide-ranging information about the major players in this industry and the strategies adopted by them.
- To gain an insight about the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and also identify the regions, which are untapped.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Definition of the Market
1.3 Report Description
2. Key findings of the study
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Demand from infants and millenial generation
3.1.2 Busy Lifestyle influencing the market trend for ready to drinks products
3.1.3 Demand due to rise in Obesity
3.1.4 Health and wellness trends driving the need for supplement diet
3.2.1 High Production cost
3.2.2 Undefined regulatory guidelines
3.3.1 Increasing Prescription of supplements by doctors
3.3.2 Higher scope of application in personal care and sports nutrition
3.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Type
4.1.1 Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC)
4.1.2 Whey Protein Isolate (WPI)
4.1.3 Hydrolyzed Whey Protein (HWP)
4.2 By Application
4.2.1 Functional Foods
188.8.131.52 Infant Formula
184.108.40.206 Dairy Products
4.2.2 Functional Beverages
220.127.116.11 Wine Whey
4.2.3 Dietary Supplements
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Most active companies in the past five years
5.5 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Agropur MSI,LLC
6.2 American Dairy Products Institute
6.3 Arla Foods
6.5 DMK Group
6.6 Fontera Co-Operative group
6.7 Hilmar Cheese Company Inc
6.8 Davisco Cheese Company
6.9 Grande Cheese Company
6.10 Milk Specialities Global