Demand for water treatment chemicals in the United States is anticipated to sustain a modest CAGR of nearly 4% over 2015-2020. While demand for corrosion & scale inhibitors would hold the largest share in terms of size by product, municipal water treatment would take the lead as the largest application segment. With regard to growth, however, the US market for water treatment chemicals would be driven by coagulants & flocculants and mining & mineral processing applications.
Water treatment can be defined as the process employed for eliminating contaminants present in water, which can be achieved via a number of techniques. Water treatment chemicals employ one such technique, wherein contaminated or wastewater is treated with chemicals in order to make it fit for human consumption and for the other fields where clean water is needed. The higher incidence of water borne epidemics has increased the awareness of water purification and the use of water treatment chemicals for the purpose of purification of drinking water. Water is being used in various industries, especially in the emerging economies where there are a large number of industries being established. The standards for water quality has increased, demanding better purification methods, and with the current water purification equipment being not sufficient to achieve this standard; it requires several other water purification chemicals.
There are stringent environmental norms that require treatment and removal of pollutants from water before it is released into the environment. The municipal corporations are adopting water treatment techniques to clean and recycle water before it is being supplied for drinking and sanitation purposes.
The North America Water treatment chemicals market is segmented by the product (Biocides & disinfectants, coagulants & flocculants, corrosion & scale inhibitors, defoamers & defoaming agents, pH adjusters and softeners and other chemicals), by their application ( commercial & institutional, Electric power generation, energy, manufacturing, mining & mineral processing, municipal and other applications) and by their geography( U.S.A and Canada). The key players in this market are Accepta, BASF SE, Chemtreat Inc., Organo Corp., PQ Corp. and Wex technologies
The rising water quality standards in industrial applications and the stringent environmental laws on water treatment and contaminated water management are the drivers of this market.
There are no alternatives in the category of water treatment technologies. There is also a need to find eco-friendly solutions for water treatment that can balance and treat the chemical and natural water pollution differently in order to conquer both the issues efficiently.
What the report offers?
1) Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2) Market analysis of the North America water treatment chemicals market with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3) Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, giving prospective opportunities and also, the identities of key companies which can influence the market on both the global and regional scales.
4) Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
5) Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the North America's water treatment chemicals market on both the global and regional scales.
6) A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.