Fastest growing market:
The global structural insulated panel market is expected to register healthy growth, by 2023, at an estimated CAGR of 6.13% over 2018-2023.
The major factors driving the market studied are the increasing demand from the construction sector and increasing cold storage applications. Advancements in building technologies such as modular construction techniques are expected to hinder the growth of the market studied.
In 2018, the building wall segment is expected to dominate the market and expand at the fastest CAGR of 6.39% during the forecast period. This is due to robust demand from the residential sector.
In 2017, North America dominated the market, holding a share of almost 37%, and is expected to register a CAGR of 6.21% during the forecast period. This growth is primarily due to rising construction activities in Canada and Mexico.
Scope of the Report
|By Product||EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) Panels
Rigid Polyurethane (PUR) and Rigid Polyisocyanurate (PIR) Panels
Glass Wool Panel
Other Products (Extruded Polystyrene Foam)
|By Application||Building Wall
|By Region||North America||Canada
Rest of Europe
Rest of Asia Pacific
Rest of South America
|Middle East & Africa||Saudi Arabia
Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand for Building Walls
- Structural insulated wall panels are generally available in thicknesses of 4-1/2 inches and 6-1/2 inches. Manufacturing of curved wall panels are possible and it is often more practical to use stud framing for non-orthogonal geometries.
- The whole wall R-value of a wall assembly is currently the best and the most followed method of quantifying the total thermal performance. The whole wall R-value takes the resistance of heat flown through an opaque cross-sectional area of the insulation and structure into the account while the total loss of energy at the interfaces of the wall with the roof and floor are accounted.
- The whole wall R-value of a 4-inch structural insulated wall panel is 14, whereas for a 2x4 wall is less than 10. The whole wall R-value of a 2x6 wall is between 11 and 13.7 depending on the quality of the installation of batt insulation.
- The elimination of thermal bridging and a more airtight envelope contributes to the higher whole wall R-value of structural insulated wall panels, compared to the conventional metal and wood stud walls
- The total volume of the panels used as structural insulated wall panels is much higher, compared to the volume of the panels used as structural insulated roof panels.
North America Region to Dominate the Market
- North America region dominated the global market share in 2017. The construction industry in the United States has not been the same in 2017 as it was in the past three years. An increase has been observed in the private construction spending over the years. The residential and non-residential construction in 2017 has increased significantly compared to the previous years and is likely to grow in 2018.
The global structural insulated panels market is a highly fragmented market with no major player accounting for a prominent share in the global market.
Most of the market leaders are forward integrated, i.e., they produce structural insulated panels along with providing installations and maintenance services.
Premier Building Systems is the leading manufacturer of structural insulated panels in the North America region.
Customize the Report
80% of our clients ask for some sort of customisation, be it specific countries / companies / segments.
What are you looking for?
Table of Contents
- Study Deliverables
- Scope of the Report
- Research Phases
- Study Assumptions
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- MARKET DYNAMICS
- Market Overview
- Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
- Market Drivers
- Market Restraints
- Value Chain / Supply Chain Analysis
- Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
- MARKET SEGMENTATION
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- North America
- United States
- Rest of North America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- Market Share Analysis**
- Company Profiles
- Alubel SpA
- DANA Group of Companies
- Isopan (Manni Group SpA)
- Italpannelli SRL
- Jiangsu Jingxue Insulation Technology Co. Ltd
- Kingspan Group
- Marcegaglia SpA
- Multicolor Steels (India) Pvt Ltd
- NCI Building Systems
- Nucor Building Systems
- Owens Corning
- PFB Corporation
- Premier Building Systems
- Rautaruukki Corporation
- Tata Steel Europe Limited
- Zamil Steel Pre-Engineered Buildings Co. Ltd
- MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS