The South Korea temperature sensors market is projected to reach USD 0.22 billion by 2018 growing at a CAGR of 4.82% over the period 2014-2020. Temperature sensing has been gaining importance in the R&D and industrial settings, giving rise to a high demand for temperature sensors. Huge investments from the companies operating in the market to develop enhanced temperature sensor functionalities and the increasing adoption of HVAC modules act as the key factors driving the market. Technological advancements and reduced prices have resulted in the introduction of new applications in the HVAC space.
Temperature controls are essential for manufacturing, handling and storing of medical equipment and drugs. They are increasingly used in communication industry with growth in handheld communication devices. Growing demand for consumer electronics such as smartphones, cameras, and media players, which make use of microprocessors with temperature sensing ICs, will further boost the market. However, intense competition and significant price cuts may restrain the temperature sensors market over the forecast period.
The South Korea temperature sensors market is segmented on the basis of type, and industry. South Korea accounted for 14% of the Asia Pacific temperature sensor market in 2014. Demand for the temperature sensors from the consumer electronics industry substantially contributes to the growth of the market in Japan. Product differentiation remains a challenge due to low technical innovation.
This report describes a detailed study of the Porter’s five forces analysis of the market. All the five major factors in these markets have been quantified using the internal key parameters governing each of them. It also covers the market landscape of these players which includes the key growth strategies and competition analysis.
The report also considers key trends that will impact the industry. Some of the key players mentioned in the report are
- Texas Instruments
- Honeywell International
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Freescale semiconductor Inc.
- Maxim Integrated Products Inc.
What the report offers
- Market definition for South Korea temperature sensors market along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the South Korea temperature sensors market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the South Korea temperature sensors market on a regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Study Deliverables
1.3 Key Findings of the Study
1.4 Market Definition
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2.1 Growing Application of Temperature sensors in industries
4.2.2 Increasing focus on workplace safety
4.2.3 Increasing demand for consumer electronics
4.3.1 Availability of multiple technologies
4.4.1 Growing innovations in MEMS technology
4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's 5 Force Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.5.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
4.6 Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. Technology Snapshot
6. South Korea Temperature Sensors Market Segmentation - Market Share, Trends, Forecast (2017-2022)
6.1 By Type
6.1.1 Resistive Temperature Detector (RTD)
6.1.2 Infrared Temperature Sensor
6.1.4 Fiber Optic
6.1.6 IC Temperature Sensor
6.1.8 MEMS bases
6.2 By Industry
6.2.1 Consumer Electronics
6.2.3 Aerospace and Defence
6.2.6 Oil & Gas
6.2.7 Energy and Power
6.2.8 Food & Beverage
6.2.9 Retail sector
7. Key Vendors in South Korea Temperature Sensor Market
8. Investment Analysis
8.1 Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
8.2 Investment Opportunities
9. Future of South Korea Temperature Sensors Market