The South American market for surfactants is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.6% during the forecast period. The market in this region will witness a rise, from current value of $2.9 billion to $4 billion by 2020. With 9% of the global market share, this region will experience a strong growth in the coming years.
Brazil is the largest surfactant market in South American region, followed by Argentina, Venezuela and Chile. The South American market benefits from a growing middle class, their stability and rising purchasing power. Top personal care product manufacturers are looking for quality products, hence they tend to purchase high quality surfactants from the key manufacturers.
The National Health Surveillance Agency (ANVISA) of Brazil along with other regional agencies provide the necessary regulations and standards concerning manufacture, supply and import of surfactants in domestic and industrial applications. Companies have to adhere to the non-toxicity and waste products norms.
Surfactants have a wide range of applications because of its properties like high adsorption rate, elasticity and viscosity. They are used to stabilize rapidly forming bubbles during processes like emulsification and flocculation in various chemical and textile industries.
Based on nature of the product, surfactants can be classified as Synthetic or Bio based. Synthetic surfactants are made of petroleum products and are used in detergents, cleaners, as auxiliaries for textiles, in paintings and coatings. Bio based surfactants are also finding increase in its range of applications as they are renewable and biodegradable.
Bio based surfactants are majorly derived from Oleo chemicals. Malaysia, Indonesia, China and to some extend India are some of the major producers in this segment. In the Asia Pacific region, detergent sector occupies the major surfactant end product segment. Liquid detergents are yet to emerge as a major segment in this region. Powder detergents are one of the majorly used product in China and South East Asia. However, a large section of consumers in India still consumes soap bars.
Some of the major players in the industry are BASF AG, Dow Chemicals, Unilever, Henkel AG and Co. Merch KGaA and Clariant AG.
SPECIALITIES OF THIS REPORT
1) The report will be useful in gaining an exhaustive understanding of the regional market. It will also be of assistance in providing a comprehensive analysis of the major trends, innovations and associated prospects for market growth over the coming half a decade
2) The report will be an ideal source material for industry consultants, manufacturers and other interested and allied parties to gain a critical insight into the factors driving and restraining the market, in addition to opportunities offered.
3) The report contains wide range of information about the leading market players and the major strategies adopted by them.
WHAT THE REPORT OFFERS
1) Market Definition along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2) Market analysis with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3) Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4) Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
5) Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the industry on both global and regional scale.
6) A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.