The South American pyrethroid insecticides market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.3% over the forecast period 2017-2022. These are widely used against a number of insects including household arthropods as they are low in toxicity to mammals and birds, and require very low doses to kill insects.
Pyrethroids, the synthetic derivatives of pyrethrins, have become one of the oldest and most widely used insecticides around the globe. The systemic insecticide acts as a nervous toxin and leads to paralysis and eventual death of the targeted insects.
New farming practices are being adopted by farmers all over the region to increase crop yields. Genetically modified (GM) plants coupled with increased use of the high performing pyrethroids against insects, growing food demand and need for land productivity have led to continuous market growth for the industry. Product development, sustainable farming options and growing demand from developing regions are opportunities for future growth. Pyrethroid insecticides have gained popularity over low application rate and environmental safety as compared to other classes of insecticides. However, issues over product labeling and popularity of bioinsecticide products may act as obstacles.
By active ingredients, the market is classified into permethrin, deltamethrin, allethrin/bioallethrin, cypermethrin, permethrin and other pyrethroids. They are also segmented by their usage in crops like cereals and grains, oilseeds, fruits, and vegetables etc. Non-crop utilization of insecticides in turfs, ornamentals etc. are also studied.
Brazil has the highest insecticide demand in the region due to an export-oriented agricultural base. Argentina follows. The low affordability and explicit cost cutting measures of farmers in developing and under developed countries hinder the real potential of the market.
Key Industry Players
The current trend to survive in the market is the research and innovation route. All major companies are investing profoundly in new product development to keep up with competition and gain market share.
The major companies in South America’s pyrethroid insecticides market are:
- Dow AgroSciences
- Sumitomo Chemical
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the South American pyrethroid insecticide market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on South America and regional scales.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on the South America and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the South America pyrethroid insecticide market on both South America and regional scales.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- Wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights into the major countries/regions in which this industry is growing and identifying the regions which are still untapped.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach & Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Key Findings of the Study
4. Market Overview
4.1 Market Dynamics
188.8.131.52 Growing Food Demand and Shrinking Land
184.108.40.206 High Efficiency in Insect Control
220.127.116.11 High Demand as Environmental Friendly Insecticide
18.104.22.168 Challenges in Product Labeling
22.214.171.124 Popularity of Bioinsecticide Products
126.96.36.199 Product and Technological Innovation
188.8.131.52 Developing Regions Witnessing Faster Demand
184.108.40.206 Sustainable and Integrated Pest Management Techniques
4.1.4 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
220.127.116.11 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
18.104.22.168 Bargaining Power of Buyers
22.214.171.124 Threat of New Entrants
126.96.36.199 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
188.8.131.52 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Active Ingredients
5.1.7 Other Pyrethroids
5.2 By Application
184.108.40.206 Cereals & Grains
220.127.116.11 Fruits & Vegetables
18.104.22.168 Turf & Ornamental Grass
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 South America
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Most Adopted Strategies
6.2 Most Active Companies
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.1 Bayer CropScience AG
7.2 BASF SE
7.3 Dow AgroSciences
7.6 United Phosphorus
7.7 Sumitomo Chemical
7.8 Arysta Lifescience