South America Market for Chemicals in Cosmetics and Toiletries
The market is forecasted to be a fast growing market over the next few years in terms of demand in the cosmetic market with revenues increasing by 6 % CAGR during the period 2016 to 2021. Emerging economies and increasing consumer expenditure are the key growth drivers of the market. The South American market for chemicals in cosmetics and toiletries is led by Brazil and Venezuela.
The natural ingredients have been embraced into the mainstream market with the key market players innovating new ingredients and end-product formulations. The anti-aging segment is set to increase as rising beauty treatment costs which indicate that future spending will move away from treatment and toward prevention. Personal care products, such as skin lightening creams, anti-aging creams, and other beauty products exclusively for men, are anticipated to increase. Lack of a single approach to the registration of personal care products hinders growth in South America due to member states having varied regulations.
Market Dynamics of the South American Market for Chemicals in Cosmetics and Toiletries:
- Growing market for cosmetics and toiletries in the developing countries
- Rising standards and awareness about personal hygiene and grooming
- Innovative products that are being introduced in the market
- Strict norms regarding the ingredients that used in the manufacturing of cosmetics and toiletries
- Rising trend of using more organic and natural ingredients in cosmetics and toiletries products
Based on their function the chemicals used in cosmetics and toiletries may be broadly divided into specialty additives, processing aids, active ingredients, and other ingredients. The processing aids category includes various solvents and stabilizers, polymers, silicones, emulsifiers, propellants and viscosity control agents. Apart from the general lipid base for skin caring purposes and the lipid and water soluble active agents, a cosmetic product generally lists a variety of further ingredients. They may be categorized under the term "special additives" and have various functions. They are perfumes, antioxidants, conditioning agents, alcohols, water (aqua), preservatives, thickeners and colorants. The active ingredient is a cosmetic, drug, or pharmaceutical ingredient that must adhere to specific regulations. Active ingredients are considered to have a pharmacological altering effect on skin, and these effects and the amount of each active ingredient is controlled must be documented by scientific evaluation and approved. Active ingredients include such substances as sunscreen ingredients, skin-lightening agents, benzoyl peroxide, and various plant extracts, oil, waxes, vitamins and proteins.
The concern about pollution and biodegradability of the products is a growing trend both from government agencies and buyers. In water bodies non degradable chemical concentration is bio magnified at each tropic level. Plastic micro beads which act as scrubbing and exfoliating agents have been accused of causing harm to life in water bodies and are under pressure for being phased out. The high growth rate of natural ingredient based personal care segment also points to this trend. The National Health Surveillance Agency (ANVISA) of Brazil and various regional and national agencies provide the necessary regulations and standards to be maintained for manufacture, supply and import of cosmetic products.
The report also studies the regional market for analysis on the market size, growth and forecasts; the South American market is segmented into sub-regions (Brazil, Argentina, Venezuela, Colombia, and the Rest of South America) to attain a clearer perspective. The report also offers insights into the financials, recent development and the products & services offered by the various companies in the market. The key players in this market are:
- Reckitt Benckiser
- The Procter & Gamble Company
Key Deliverables in the Study:
- Analysis for the South American market for chemicals in cosmetics and toiletries, with region specific assessments and competition analysis.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the South American market for chemicals in cosmetics and toiletries on a regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.
1.2 Research Methodology
1.3 Report Outline
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Overview
3.1 Current Market Scenario
3.2 Factors Driving the Cosmetic Chemicals Market
3.3 Factors Restraining the Cosmetic Chemicals Market
3.4 Opportunities for the Cosmetic Chemicals Market
3.5 Porter’s Five Forces
3.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.5.5 Degree of Competition
3.6 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Chemical Type (Market size, Forecast and CAGR)
4.1.1 Processing Aids
4.1.2 Specialty additives
4.1.3 Active ingredients
4.1.4 Other Ingredients
4.2 By End Product Industry
4.2.1 Chemicals in Skin Care Products (Market size, Forecast and CAGR)
188.8.131.52 Body and Dusting Powders
184.108.40.206 Foot Powders and Sprays
220.127.116.11 Sunscreen and Suntan Products
18.104.22.168 Other Skincare Products
4.2.2 Chemicals in Hair Care Products (Market size, Forecast and CAGR)
22.214.171.124 Shampoos and Rinses
126.96.36.199 Hair Conditioners
188.8.131.52 Hair Sprays
184.108.40.206 Hair Straighteners and Relaxers
220.127.116.11 Hair Dyes and Colors
18.104.22.168 Hair Bleachers
22.214.171.124 Tonics and Dressings
126.96.36.199 Hair Tints and Rinses
188.8.131.52 Other Hair Care Products
4.2.3 Chemicals in Bath and Shower Products (Market size, Forecast and CAGR)
184.108.40.206 Bath Oils Tablets and Salts
220.127.116.11 Bath Capsules
18.104.22.168 Bubble Baths
4.2.4 Chemicals in Fragrance Products (Market size, Forecast and CAGR)
22.214.171.124 Colognes, Perfumes, Sprays and Mists
4.2.5 Chemicals in Makeup Products
126.96.36.199 Facial Makeup Products
188.8.131.52 Eye Makeup Products
4.2.6 Chemicals in Nail Care Products (Market size, Forecast and CAGR)
184.108.40.206 Cuticle Oils, Creams and Lotions
220.127.116.11 Nail Polishes
18.104.22.168 Manicure and Pedicure Products
22.214.171.124 Artificial Nails
4.2.7 Chemicals in Oral-Hygiene Products (Market size, Forecast and CAGR)
126.96.36.199 Toothpastes and Mouthwashes
4.2.8 Chemicals in Personal Hygiene Products (Market size, Forecast and CAGR)
188.8.131.52 Hand washes
4.2.9 Chemicals in Shaving Products (Market size, Forecast and CAGR)
184.108.40.206 Shaving Soaps
220.127.116.11 Shaving Creams
18.104.22.168 Pre Shave Lotions
22.214.171.124 Aftershave Lotions
4.2.10 Chemicals in Baby Care Products (Market size, Forecast and CAGR)
126.96.36.199 Baby Shampoos
188.8.131.52 Baby Soaps
184.108.40.206 Baby Lotions, Oils, Powders and Creams
5. Regional Market Analysis- Asia-Pacific (Market size, Forecast and CAGR)
5.2 Market Opportunities
5.3 Major Countries
5.3.5 Rest of South America
6. South American Policies and Regulations
7. Competitor Analysis
7.1 Market Shares of Leading Global Players
7.2 Strategic Issues
7.3 Future Outlook
8. Company Profiles (End Product Manufacturers)
8.1 The Procter & Gamble Company
8.4 Johnson & Johnson
8.5 Botica Comercial Farmaceutica Ltda
8.6 Avon Products, Inc
8.7 Henkel KGAA
8.9 Reckitt Benckiser
8.10 Estée Lauder
8.16 Limited Brands
8.17 Natura Cosméticos
8.18 Mary Kay
8.19 Group Yves Rocher
8.20 Kanebo Cosmetics
8.21 Revlon Cosmetics
List not Exhaustive
9. Company Profiles (Ingredient Manufacturers)
9.2 DOW Chemical Co.
9.4 Honeywell International
9.5 Akzo Nobel Surface Chemistry
9.6 Clariant International
9.8 Ajinomoto Co. Inc.
9.9 Biochemica International
9.10 Schülke & Mayr GmbH
9.11 Wacker Chemie AG
9.13 International Flavors and Fragrances Inc.
9.14 Hubei Xiangxi Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
9.15 International Specialty Products.
List not Exhaustive