Farm mechanization brings in value by saving time and labour, cutting down crop production costs in the long run, and reducing post-harvest losses and boosting crop output and farm income. The growing popularity of mechanization for farm productivity, coupled with increased support from the government regarding favourable policies and subsidies, signals a bright future for the industry. Haying and forage machinery is equipment that is used to produce plant-based feed for animals. The agriculture industry is relying on equipment to enhance forage quality, output, cost-effectiveness, and processes such as the rate of drying, etc. In South America, Brazil, followed by Argentina, have relatively major market shares. The South America haying and forage machinery market is valued at USD XX million in 2016 and is expected to reach a value of USD XX million by 2021, at a CAGR of XX%.
The increased demand for meat and dairy products in the developing world drive the market, and government programs that support farm modernization will drive this market. The market has opportunities due to the evolving technology and the need for precision farming techniques. Precision farming is a technique concept, based on observing, measuring and responding to inter and intra-field variability in crops. However, costs and accessibility become major factors in the developing world, which industries need to be wary of. The market in South America is one of the leading markets in the haying and forage machinery market with the advent of many commercial farms leading to an average of 100,000 of marketable forage seeds in the region, in 2015. The country is significantly emphasizing on research and development of new forage varieties which are significantly used in different production systems in Argentina, Uruguay, and Brazil, creating a significant plethora of modern farm machinery equipment, including haying and forage machinery in the region. There are several major players in the market such as the AGCO, CLAAS, John Deere, KUNH Group, CNH Industrial and others, which have a relatively larger market share. These players adopt several strategies to increase their market share, innovation, acquisition and expansion.
The South America haying and forage machinery market has been segmented by the following categories -
By Product and Phase Type:
- Pull Type Forage Harvester
- Forage Blower
By Application Type:
- Tedders or Inverters
- Hay Rakes
Major players in the South America haying and forage machinery market are -
- Alois Pottinger
- CNH Industrial
- Deere and Company
- Buhler Industries
- Foton Lovol
- KUHN Group
- Kverneland Group
Key Deliverables of the Study
- Market analysis for the South America haying and forage machinery market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on various scales.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a country-wise and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the South America haying and forage machinery market on both, country-wise and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and identify the regions that are still untapped.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Key Findings of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.2 Analysis Methodology
2.3 Study Phase
2.4 Econometric Modelling
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET OVERVIEW AND TECHNOLOGY TRENDS
4.1 Current Market Scenario
4.2 Technology Trends
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.4 Value & Supply Chain Analysis
5.5 Porter's Five Forces Framework
5.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
5.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
5.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
5.5.5 Competitive Rivalry Within the Industry
6.SOUTH AMERICA HAYING AND FORAGE MACHINERY, BY PRODUCT AND PHASE TYPE
6.1 Pull Type Forage Harvester
6.2 Forage Blower
7.SOUTH AMERICA HAYING AND FORAGE MACHINERY, BY APPLICATION
7.3 Tedders or Inverters
7.4 Hay Rakes
8.SOUTH AMERICA HAYING AND FORAGE MACHINERY, BY GEOGRAPHY
9. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
9.2 Market Share Analysis
9.3 Latest Products & Developments of Key players
10. COMPANY PROFILES
10.2 Alois Pottinger
10.4 CNH Industrial
10.5 Deere and Company
10.7 Buhler Industries
10.8 Foton Lovol
10.11 KUHN Group
10.12 Kverneland Group