Various kind of minerals be it micro minerals or macro minerals are a very important aspect of animal health and nutrition. Applied in small quantities, they play an important role in maintaining animal health. The feed electrolytes market is expected to grow at a CAGR of XX% during the period 2015-2020.
The increasing health conscious people looking out for higher protein and mineral content foods is expanding the animal derived products’ market. . Hence the demand for healthy and quality meat is increasing and thus the feed electrolytes market is growing. The rising cost of extraction of minerals from sources coupled with stringent regulations had a limiting effect on the feed electrolytes market. With the economic recovery, demand for maize and wheat in different industries such as biofuel production, human food, and animal feed is going to increase. That makes the availability of these products less for animal feed production. This provides an opportunity for the growth of the market. Deficiency of minerals like common salt are known to cause problems in swine and poultry and the symptoms like emaciation, listlessness etc. Hence, there is a requirement of minerals in animals feeds in right amounts and proportions.
Poultry convert feed into food products quickly, efficiently, and with relatively low environmental impact compared with other livestock. The high rate of productivity of poultry results in relatively high nutrient needs. Poultry can adjust their feed intake over a considerable range of feed electrolytes levels to meet their daily mineral needs. Mineral needs and, consequently, feed intake also vary considerably with environmental temperature and amount of physical activity. A bird's daily need fo vitamins, and minerals are mostly independent of these factors. The risk of contamination associated with inorganic minerals is a concern for feed manufacturers of all mineral supplement forms because inorganic mineral sources are used to manufacture organic mineral products. Cattle producers should confirm their feed companies are implementing a quality assurance program that addresses these concerns:
Macro minerals like Phosphorus, when deficient can cause irregular heat cycles and reduced fertility, reduced feed intake, depraved appetites, and in severe cases, bone fractures. High levels of calcium, phosphorus and potassium can interfere with magnesium utilization. Grass tetany and winter tetany are caused by a magnesium deficiency, which occurs when beef cattle are fed cereal straw, greenfeed or silage as a majority of the ration. Tetany can also occur when cattle are grazing lush, rapidly growing pasture.
The increasing ageing population and increasing healthcare costs are significant factors affecting the growth of the electrolytes market in this country. Major companies contributing to the overall growth of the market are Archer Daniels Midland Co. (U.S.), Cargill Inc., Royal DSM (Netherlands), BASF SE (Germany), DuPont (U.S.), Archer Daniels Midland Co. (U.S.), and Ingredion Inc. among others. The key players are concentrating on acquiring smaller firms and have a significant impact in the market share of feed electrolytes.
- Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market
- Analysis for the South America Feed Electrolytes Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a regional scale
- Segment-level analysis in terms of application and end-user demand
- Forecasts and estimations for the sub-segment level market
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies, which can influence the market on a global and regional scale
- Identification and analysis of the exogenous and endogenous factors such as macro and microeconomic variables that affect the South America Feed Electrolytes Market on both global and regional scale
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of key players along with their share of markets
- A comprehensive analysis of recent organic and inorganic developments in the market by the major companies, and strategic benchmarking of developments
Scope of the Study:
- Comprehensive overview of the Feed Electrolytes Market
- Competitive intelligence regarding the major players in this industry and the strategies adopted by them
- Insights about the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and also identifies the regions which are untapped
1.1 Research Methodology
1.1.1 Market Definition
1.1.2 Report Description
2. KEY FINDINGS OF THE STUDY
3. MARKET OVERVIEW
3.2 Market Dynamics
22.214.171.124 Better standard of living & Increase in preference
126.96.36.199 Industrialization of meat production
188.8.131.52 Expansion of animal derived products' market
184.108.40.206 Increasing consumer awareness regarding animal nutrition
220.127.116.11 Livestock disease outbreak fuelling additives market
18.104.22.168 Regulatory structure & Intervention
22.214.171.124 Unavailability of raw materials
126.96.36.199 Increasing demand in the region fuelling trade activity
188.8.131.52 Rise in the cost of natural feeds
3.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.3.5 Degree of Competition
4. MARKET SEGMENTATION
4.1 Feed Electrolytes Market, by Type
4.1.1 Micro Minerals
4.1.2 Macro Minerals
4.2 By Animal type
4.2.5 Pet Food
4.3 By Geography
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Market Share Analysis
5.2 New Product Launches
5.3 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.4 Joint Ventures
5.5 Most active companies in the past five years
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Alltech Inc.
6.2 Archer Daniels Midland Co.
6.3 Bio Multimin Inc.
6.4 Biochem Lohne Germany
6.5 Cargill Inc.
6.6 Davidsons Animal Feeds
6.7 Kemin Industries Inc.
6.8 Mercer Milling Co. Inc.
6.9 Novus International Inc.
6.10 Nutreco NV
6.11 Pancosma SA
6.12 Phibro Animal Health Corp.
6.13 QualiTech Corp.
6.14 Ridley Inc.
6.15 Royal DSM NV
6.16 Tanke Biosciences Corp.
6.17 Vamso Biotec Pvt. Ltd.
6.18 Zinpro Corp.