Whey is a liquid material procured from manufacturing of cheese. It is a mixture of beta-lactoglobulin, immunoglobins, bovine serum albumin and alpha-lactalbumin. Whey protein can be of three primary types: whey protein concentrate (WPC), whey protein isolate (WPI) and hydrolyzed whey protein (HWP). It has come a long way from being a by-product to becoming one of the highly sophisticated industries functioning in food/food derivatives segment today.
South Africa, with its matured, organized retail sector, is expected to push shelf space for Whey protein products, thus holding a major share in the African region. The increased applications of Whey products in processed foods, infant food is expected to increase the market in the fast growing food industry of the African region. The South African Whey protein market is projected to grow at a CAGR of XX% during the forecasted period of 2017-2022.
Agropur MSI, American dairy Products institute, Arla Foods, DMK Group,Milk Specialities Global are some major players in the industry. Their product portfolio, research & development, strategic initiatives and commitment towards meeting consumer's demands play a major role maintaining market stability.
In this report we offer,
- Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the South Africa Whey Protein Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and a regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies, which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
- Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the South Africa Whey Protein market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Why should you buy this report?
- For getting a comprehensive overview of the South Africa Whey Protein market.
- To gain wide-ranging information about the major players in this industry and the strategies adopted by them.
- To gain an insight about the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and also identify the regions, which are untapped.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Definition of the Market
1.3 Report Description
2. Key findings of the study
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Rising Tourist Population
3.1.2 Rising population in the developing countries
3.1.3 High western influence for health and wellness
3.2.1 Health/safety concerns when use is not regulated
3.2.2 High Production cost
3.2.3 Undefined regulatory guidelines
3.3.1 Increasing Prescription of supplements by doctors
3.3.2 Higher scope of application in personal care and sports nutrition
3.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Type
4.1.1 Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC)
4.1.2 Whey Protein Isolate (WPI)
4.1.3 Hydrolyzed Whey Protein (HWP)
4.2 By Application
4.2.1 Functional Foods
18.104.22.168 Infant Formula
22.214.171.124 Dairy Products
4.2.2 Functional Beverages
126.96.36.199 Wine Whey
4.2.3 Dietary Supplements
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Most active companies in the past five years
5.5 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Agropur MSI,LLC
6.2 American Dairy Products Institute
6.3 Arla Foods
6.5 DMK Group
6.6 Fontera Co-Operative group
6.7 Hilmar Cheese Company Inc
6.8 Davisco Cheese Company
6.9 Grande Cheese Company
6.10 Milk Specialities Global