The major quinoa producing and exporting countries are Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, Chile, Colombia, and the United States. The demand for organic quinoa is higher compared to non-organic quinoa. In terms of imports, the United States was the largest importer of quinoa in the world, accounting for 53% of quinoa imports, followed by Canada (15%), France (8%), Netherlands (4%), Germany (4%), Australia (3%), and Others (3%). Currently, South America is the largest market for quinoa, followed by North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. Asia-Pacific is expected to witness a double-digit CAGR.
Peru Dominates the Market for Exports
In 2015, Peru exported USD 143,493 of quinoa, while in 2016, the exports totaled USD 103,062. Quinoa in Peru is traditionally produced in the Southern highlands, particularly in the regions of Puno, Arequipa, and Cusco, which account for 66%, 8%, and 7% of the total production, respectively. Peru exports different types of organic and conventional quinoa in colors such as white, black, red, and tricolor. The organic market is a key growth factor for Peru’s exports. Rising international prices because of stronger demand have encouraged producers to switch from other crops to quinoa. Peru exports more than half of its quinoa products to the United States, followed by the Netherlands, Canada, and Germany.
The United States Dominates the Market for Imports
In the year 2015, the United States imported USD 159,180 of quinoa, while in 2016, the imports totaled USD 89,915. The United States imported USD 69,553 worth of quinoa from Peru in the year 2014 and USD 45,214 in the year 2016. It imports most of its quinoa products from Peru, Bolivia, Ecuador, Canada, and Columbia.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- To understand the fastest growing regions in the global quinoa seed trade analysis and their growth trends during the forecast period
- Analyzing various dynamics of the trade market with the help of trade dynamics
- To understand the regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Market Definition
1.2 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Scope & Methodology
2.1 Study Deliverables
2.2 Study Assumptions
2.3 Research Methodology
2.4 Research Phases
3. Market Segmentation
3.1 Trade Analysis by Geography (Import & Export Volume & Value Analysis)
3.1.1 North America
184.108.40.206 Rest of North America
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-pacific
3.1.4 South America
22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
126.96.36.199 South Africa
188.8.131.52 Rest of Africa