|Study Period:||2016 - 2026|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The automotive lubricants market in Qatar is valued at 28.13 million liters in 2020 and is expected to register a CAGR of 2.41% during the forecast period.
- The major factor driving the growth of the market studied is the increasing vehicle population in the country.
- Additionally, the production of bio-lubricants from renewable feedstocks is expected to provide a key growth opportunity for the market studied.
- By product type, engine oil accounted for the largest share of the total volume of the Qatar automotive lubricants market in 2020. Greases segment is the fastest-growing lubricant segment.
Scope of the Report
The Qatar Automotive Lubricants Market is segmented based on vehicle type and product type. By vehicle type, the market is segmented into Passenger Vehicles, Heavy Commercial Vehicles, Light Commercial Vehicles, and Motorcycles. By Product Type, the market is segmented into Engine Oil, Transmission Fluids, Greases, and Hydraulic Fluids. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done on the basis of volume (million liters).
|By Vehicle Type|
|Heavy Commercial Vehicles (HCV)|
|Light Commercial Vehicles (LCV)|
|By Product Type|
Key Market Trends
Light Commercial Vehicles is the Largest Segment
- Among the commercial vehicle population of Qatar, LCVs occupy the major share as pick-up trucks and small vans are witnessing significant preference for logistical purposes over heavy-duty trucks and railways.
- Toyota is the leading LCV vendor in the country. Other prominent vendors include Nissan, Mitsubishi Fuso Truck & Bus Corporation, Hyundai, etc.
- The increased penetration of the internet and smartphones in Qatar boosted online retail sales significantly over the past few years.
- As the e-commerce industry grows across Qatar, the demand for an advanced distribution and transportation network is increasing. As the market continues to expand, the demand for pick-up vans, small trucks, and other LCVs is also anticipated to increase. As a result, the lubricant demand for these LCVs has also been rising in Qatar.
- Though mineral lubricants dominate the LCV lubricants market, semi-synthetic and synthetic lubricants have been witnessing a rapid increase in their demand. This trend is causing significant growth in the average drain intervals for lubricants in this sector.
- The social restrictions established as a response to COVID-19 caused a decline in the usage of LCVs in Qatar during 2020. However, the impact experienced by LCVs was lower compared to passenger vehicles and heavy-duty commercial vehicles as the pandemic boosted the e-commerce activities and thereby the usage of LCVs in the latter half of 2020.
- These factors are likely to influence the demand for lubricants in Qatar's light commercial vehicle sector during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Engine Oil Dominating the Market
- Engine oils are widely used to lubricate internal combustion engines and are generally composed of 75-90% base oils and 10-25% additives.
- They are typically used for applications, such as wear reduction, corrosion protection, and smooth operation of engine internals. They function by creating a thin film between the moving parts for enhancing the transfer of heat and reducing tension during the contact of parts.
- High-mileage engine oils are in demand lately, owing to the properties that help in the prevention of oil leaks and reduction of oil consumption.
- Most of the light and heavy vehicle diesel and gasoline engines use 10W40 and 15W40 viscosity-grade oils, whereas multi-grade oils, like 15W50 and 20W50, are used for aircraft engines.
- The light motor vehicle segment recorded the highest consumption rate of engine oils among all the segments. Owing to the technological improvements and government-mandated requirements for fuel economy, the automakers have been manufacturing lighter vehicles with tighter tolerances (which make the vehicles more durable).
- The average age of vehicles in Qatar and Middle East has been increasing at a constant rate over the years. This factor provides an opportunity, in terms of the refill market. The increasing average age of passenger cars and growing urban population in the developing countries are the factors expected to drive the market for engine oils
- However, the increased engine oil change intervals and technological advancements are imposing a threat to the growth of the engine oil segment, in terms of volume consumption.
- The decline in the sale of vehicles during 2019 is further expected to affect the demand for engine oils till 2020. This decrease is expected to hamper the demand for engine oil in the country, during the forecast period.
The market studied is partially consolidated among the top players, as the top five players accounted for more than 50% of the volume of the lubricant consumed in 2020. Some of the major companies are Royal Dutch Shell, TotalEnergies, Exxon Mobil Corporation, Al AttiyaMotors & Trading Company, and QALCO, among others.
- In November 2019, Qatar Fuel Company (WOQOD) launched a new range of lubricants for petrol engines, named OTO MOTIV. These products offer exceptional performance and extra protection for vehicles under extreme conditions.
- In August 2019, Shell Lubricants and Qatar Fuel Company (WOQOD) signed an agreement for the supply of premium lubricants, as per which Shell would be providing WOQOD engine lubricants for a five-year period.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Vehicle Population in Qatar
4.2.1 Negative Impact Caused by Qatar-Saudi Arabia Diplomatic Crisis
4.2.2 Potential Introduction of the VAT Tax in Qatar
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.5 PESTLE Analysis
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Vehicle Type
5.1.1 Passeneger Vehicles
5.1.2 Heavy Commercial Vehicles (HCV)
5.1.3 Light Commercial Vehicles (LCV)
5.2 By Product Type
5.2.1 Engine Oils
5.2.2 Transmission Fluids
5.2.3 Hydraulic Fluids
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Auto Future Tech (Castrol Limited)
6.4.2 Dana Lubricants Factory LLC
6.4.3 Exxon Mobil Corporation
6.4.4 Gulf Continental Oil and Grease Factory (GulfCon)
6.4.5 Qatar Lubricants Company (QALCO)
6.4.6 Royal Dutch Shell PLC
6.4.8 United Cooperation General Trading WLL (ENEOS)
6.4.9 Al-Attiya Motors and Trading Co. (Valvoline)
6.4.11 Al Mana Enterprises Co. WLL (SERVO)
6.4.12 Mannai Trading Co. WLL (CALTEX)
6.4.13 Lucas Oil Products Inc.
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Qatar’s Government Plans for Domestic Automotive Production
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Qatar Automotive Lubricants Market market is studied from 2016 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Qatar Automotive Lubricants Market?
The Qatar Automotive Lubricants Market is growing at a CAGR of 2.41% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Qatar Automotive Lubricants Market?
QALCO, Royal Dutch Shell, ExxonMobil Corporation, TotalEnergies, Al Attiya Motors & Trading Company are the major companies operating in Qatar Automotive Lubricants Market.