The market is expected to value at USD XX million in 2017. It is likely to reach USD XX million by 2022, at an estimated CAGR of XX% during the forecast period (2017-2022).
Nylon-MXD6 is a generic name given by Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Company, Inc. to a wide range of polyamides produced from m-xylenediamine (MXDA). Unlike Nylon 6 and Nylon 66, Nylon-MXD6 is an aliphatic polyamide containing an aromatic ring in its main chain. MX Nylon is a crystalline polyamide produced by the polycondensation of MXDA and adipic acid. It is available in various grades such as S6001, S 6007, and S6121 etc. It is used in various applications from packaging to automotive because of its excellent barrier to gases harmful to foods and beverages. Its favorable characteristics include excellent gas barrier property against oxygen, carbon dioxide and many other gases, good processability and retortability, superior recyclability, extreme toughness, strength and elasticity. It can be co-extruded or co-injection molded with other polymers.
The market is driven by the overwhelming demand from its end-user industries such as packaging and automotive. Nylon-MXD6 is blended with polymers like PET to make bottles and films that are in great demand from the food and beverage industry since nylon-MXD6 acts as a barrier against oxygen, carbon dioxide and other gases.
The market is segmented on the basis of applications as packaging applications (laminated films, bottles, sheet), molded compounds and monofilaments. Depending on the end-user industry, the market is segmented into automotive, packaging, and others.
The market is further segmented on basis of regions, which includes Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America, South America, and Middle East & Africa. Asia-Pacific is the major market for nylon-MXD6 owing to the increased demand for packaging in that region. There is a growing demand from Asia-Pacific followed by North America and Europe for laminated films, packed bottles, etc.
Some of the key global and local players in the market are Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Company, Inc., Solvay, PCI and CAC group among others.
Key Deliverables in the Study:
- Market analysis for the global nylon-MXD6 market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global scale
- Market definition along with the identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios and prospective opportunities
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the market
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
- Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.
1.2 Research Methodology
1.3 Scope of the Study
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.2 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.2.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Growing Demand from Food Packaging Industry
4.1.2 Accelerating Use in Automotive Industry
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis
5.1 By Application
5.1.1 Packaging Applications (Laminated Films, Sheet, Bottle)
5.1.2 Mold Compounds
5.2 By End-User Industry
6. Regional Market Analysis (Market Size, Growth, and Forecast)
6.1.4 South Korea
6.1.5 Australia & New Zealand
6.1.6 ASEAN Countries
6.1.7 Rest of APAC
6.2.2 United Kingdom
6.2.7 Nordic Countries
6.2.8 Rest of Europe
6.3 North America
6.3.1 United States
6.3.4 Rest of North America
6.4 South America
6.4.3 Rest of South America
6.5 Middle East and Africa (MEA)
6.5.1 South Africa
6.5.2 Saudi Arabia
6.5.3 Rest of MEA
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers, Acquisitions, Joint Ventures Collaborations, and Agreements
7.2 Market Share Analysis
7.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
8. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials**, Products & Services, Recent Developments)
8.1 CAC Group
8.3 Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Company, Inc.
(*List not Exhaustive)
**Subject to Feasibility & Availability on Public Domain