The North American pancreatic cancer market is expected to grow modestly from USD XX million in 2016 to USD XX million in 2021, at a CAGR of XX%.
Globally, pancreatic cancer is the 12th most common cancer in men and 11th most common cancer in women. Addiction to cigarettes and health history are considered to be the foremost reasons increasing the risk.
North America Pancreatic Cancer Therapeutics & Diagnostics Market-Market Dynamics
Pancreatic cancer is a major challenge in the United States, where 30,000 patients are diagnosed with the disease each year. The U.S. has the highest number of pancreatic cancer patients in the world. SEER estimates that there were 46,420 new pancreatic cancer cases chronicled in the US in 2014. It also estimated that 39,590 deaths occurred in the US in 2014 as a result of pancreatic cancer, constituting 6.8% of the total cancer deaths in the US.
Some factors contributing to the growth of the market are:
- Large number of unmet needs related to the disease, attracting many multi-national companies to invest in this division
- Increasing healthcare expenditure
- Technological developments & drug innovations with regard to the pancreatic cancer
- Growing concern across the world
Some factors limiting the growth of the market are:
- Difficulty in diagnosis during the early stages
- Limited treatment options, especially when the disease has spread to other organs or parts of the body
- Inadequate results after treatment
- Low success rates in clinical trials for cancer drugs
- High cost associated with the treatment
- Adverse side-effects
- High toxicity of drugs
The North American pancreatic cancer therapeutics & diagnostic market is segmented based on the type of cancer into endocrine and exocrine cancers. By the type of treatment, the market is segmented into surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy and targeted therapy. By the major tests, the market has been segmented into biopsy, endoscopic ultrasound, laparoscopy and CT scan ERCP. On the basis of geography, the market has been segmented into the USA, Canada, and Mexico.
Some of the key players in the market are:
- Amgen, Inc.
- Celgene Corporation
- Clovis Oncology, Inc.
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Novartis AG
- Threshold Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
What the Report Offers
- Market definition along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies that can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the industry on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- An ideal source material for industry consultants, manufacturers and other interested and allied parties to gain a critical insight into the factors driving and restraining the market, in addition to opportunities offered.
1.1 Market Definition
1.2 Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Overview
3.1 Market Drivers
3.1.1 Large Number of Unmet Needs in the Disease
3.1.2 Increase in the Healthcare Expenditure
3.1.3 Increasing Concern across the Globe
3.2 Market Restraints
3.2.1 Inadequate Results after Treatment
3.2.2 Difficulties in Early Diagnosis
3.2.3 High Cost Associated with the Treatment
3.2.4 Low Success Rate in Clinical Trials for Cancer Drugs
3.3 Market Opportunities
3.4 Market Threats
4. Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3 Degree of Competition
4.4 Threat of Substitution
4.5 Threat of New Entrants
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 North America Pancreatic Cancer Therapeutics & Diagnostic Market, by Cancer Type
5.1.1 Exocrine Cancers
126.96.36.199 Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma
188.8.131.52 Acinar Cell Carcinoma
5.1.2 Endocrine Cancers (PanNETs)
5.2 North America Pancreatic Cancer Therapeutics Market
5.2.3 Radiation Therapy
5.2.4 Chemoradiation Therapy
5.2.5 Targeted Therapy
5.3 North America Pancreatic Cancer Diagnostics Market
5.3.2 Confirmatory Needle biopsy
5.3.3 Endoscopic Ultrasound
5.3.5 CT Scan
5.3.6 PET Scan
5.4 North America Pancreatic Cancer Therapeutics Market, By Region
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
6.2 Agreements, Collaborations & Partnerships
6.3 New Product Launches
6.4 Recommendations to New Market Players
7. Company Profiles
7.1 Amgen, Inc.
7.2 Eli Lilly and Company
7.3 Celgene Corporation
7.4 Clovis Oncology, Inc.
7.5 Novartis AG
7.6 Threshold Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
7.7 Incyte Corp
7.8 Merrimack Pharmaceuticals Inc.
7.9 Roche Ltd
7.10 NewLink Genetics