The North American melanoma diagnostics and therapeutics market was valued at USD 1,460 million in 2015 and is expected to reach USD 2,889 million by 2021.
North America Melanoma Diagnostics and Therapeutics Market-Market Dynamics
The market for melanoma diagnostics and therapeutics is increasing at a significant rate due to an increase in the prevalence of melanoma and improvement in healthcare facilities. The report details various factors driving and restraining the market, some of which are listed below.
- Increase in melanoma cases
- Approval and uptake of premium-priced products
- Effective immunotherapies
- Label extension of current therapies into the new settings
- Government initiatives
- Technological advancements
- Lack of awareness in some developing regions
- High cost associated with the therapy
- Economic crisis
- Regulatory issues
The market for melanoma diagnostics and therapeutics can be segmented based on the cancer type, cancer stage, diagnosis, treatment, and geography. On the basis of cancer type, the market is segmented into superficial, nodular, lentigo maligna, acral lentiginous and amelanotic melanoma. On the basis of the cancer stage, the market is segmented into Stage 0, Stage I, Stage II, Stage III, and Stage IV. Based on the diagnosis, the market is segmented into dermatoscopy, sentinel lymph node biopsy, X-rays, blood tests, CT scan, and ultrasound. Treatments for melanoma have been segmented into treatment for early stage melanoma (Excision and Mohs surgery) and treatment for advanced stage melanoma (chemotherapy, biological therapy, targeted therapy, radiotherapy, targeted therapy, immune therapy, lymphadenectomy). On the basis of geography, the market is segmented into the USA and Canada.
â€‹The USA has the largest market size due to its large population and higher prevalence and treatment rates. North America dominates the melanoma diagnosis and therapeutics market.
Some of the key players in the market are:
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Eli Lilly
What the Report Offers
- Market definition along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies that can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the industry on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- An ideal source material for industry consultants, manufacturers and other interested and allied parties to gain a critical insight into the factors driving and restraining the market, in addition to opportunities offered.
1.1 Report description
1.2 Research methodology
2. Executive summary
3. Market overview
3.1 Market definition
3.2 Market drivers
3.2.1 Increasing incidences of melanoma cases
3.2.2 The approval and uptake of premium-priced products
3.2.3 Effective immunotherapies
3.2.4 Label extension of current therapies into the new settings
3.2.5 Government initiatives
3.3 Market restraints
3.3.1 Lack of awareness in some developing regions
3.3.2 High cost associated with the therapy
3.3.3 Economic crisis
3.3.4 Regulatory issues
3.4 Market opportunities
3.5 Market threats
4. Porter’s five force analysis
4.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
4.3 Degree of competition
4.4 Threat of substitution
4.5 Threat of new entrants
5. Market segmentation
5.1 By cancer type
5.1.1 Superficial spreading melanoma
5.1.2 Nodular melanoma
5.1.3 Lentigno maligna melanoma
5.1.4 Acral lentiginous melanoma
5.1.5 Amelanotic melanoma
184.108.40.206 Cutaneous malignant melanoma
220.127.116.11 Melanoma of vulva
18.104.22.168 Vaginal melanoma or melanoma of black passage
5.2 By cancer stage
5.2.1 Stage 0
5.2.1 Stage I
5.2.1 Stage II
5.2.1 Stage III
5.2.1 Stage IV
5.3 By diagnosis
5.3.2 Sentinel lymph node biopsy
5.3.3 Blood Tests
5.3.6 CT Scan
5.4 By treatment
5.4.1 For early melanoma
22.214.171.124.2 Mohs surgery
5.4.2 For advanced melanoma
126.96.36.199 Biological therapy
188.8.131.52 Targeted therapy
184.108.40.206 Immune therapy
5.5 By geography
5.5.1 North America
6. Competitive landscape
7. Company profiles
7.1 Abbott Diagnostics
7.2 Agilent Technologies
7.6 Bristol-Myers Squibb
7.7 Eli Lilly
7.12 Qiagen N.V. Company
7.13 Teva Pharmaceuticals