Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Moldova E-commerce market was valued at XX.XX billion in 2021, and it is expected to reach XX.XX billion by 2027, recording a CAGR of 14.6% over the forecast period from 2022 to 2027. In 2004, Moldova established an e-commerce law that regulated the critical components of online transactions and introduced phrases like an electronic contract. New legislation was recently passed in accordance with Moldova's EU Association Agreement/Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area (AA/DCFTA), with a focus on personal data protection. Moldovans mainly purchase online clothing, shoes, electronics, and travel.
- E-commerce is still in its infancy in Moldova, with only a few retailers offering it and only a few Moldovans accustomed to ordering online. In Moldova, however, the increased usage of the internet, credit cards, PayPal, and online banking is promoting e-commerce development. E-mail is becoming more widely used for corporate communication. The majority of businesses have their own websites.
- Several domestic enterprises have recently implemented online ordering and other e-commerce strategies. The popularity of online banking is growing. As the usage of smartphones increases, so does access to the internet and mobile internet, and local operators are updating their infrastructure to 4G and developing optical fiber networks.
- As internet connectivity becomes more generally available, the Moldovan e-commerce sector has grown. The COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the importance of developing online payment and banking systems. E-mail is becoming ever more frequently used for corporate communication. The majority of businesses have their own websites. Local organizations are increasingly turning to social media for marketing objectives.
- Moreover, the Government of Moldova has developed a national digitization roadmap, which focuses on developing e-commerce, promoting online stores, attracting international e-commerce actors, and facilitating cashless payments.
Scope of the Report
The Moldova E-commerce market is segmented into B2C and B2B E-Commerce segments. In B2C Commerce, it is segmented By Application (Beauty & Personal Care, Consumer Electronics, Fashion & Apparel, Food & Beverage, Furniture & Home, Others (Toys, DIY, Media, etc.). Additionally, the different product types segment includes travel and tourism and sport accessories/equipment.
|By B2C E-Commerce|
|Market size (GMV) for the period of 2017-2027|
|By B2B E-Commerce|
|Market size for the period of 2017-2027|
Key Market Trends
Growing use of the Internet and Online Banking Methods are Booming in Moldova
- The growing use of the internet, credit cards, PayPal, and online banking is favoring e-commerce development in Moldova. Additionally, mobile commerce will become a supplement to the e-commerce industry due to the growing mobile penetration rates and widespread use of smartphones in the country. There is considerable potential for B2B e-commerce as many online stores may be used by small businesses to purchase products for reselling.
- According to a statement delivered by the government, the development of the ICT sector and trade facilitation are the main priorities of the economic development plan. It intends to facilitate customs procedures, integrate technology in the supply-management chain and eliminate the barriers faced by trade and e-commerce.
- Moreover, For Moldova, the COVID-19 problem underscored the critical need for digital transformation. This is especially essential for commerce in general because physical routes were no longer available, forcing consumers and e-commerce merchants to trade through online channels.
- A more comprehensive digital vision and strategy, including e-commerce, might benefit Moldova. Moldova would also benefit from a national implementation authority that could plan and administer all digital and e-commerce projects and coordinate the provision of technical assistance as needed.
- About 37% of Moldovans do shopping or pay bills online. It is estimated that e-commerce will develop dynamically over the years. However, m-commerce has the potential to be an excellent complement to it. Ecommerce has room for maneuver, especially in the B2B market.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Government Plays an Important Role In Expansion of E-commerce Sector in Moldava
- The government is prioritizing the digital transformation of the Moldovan economy and e-commerce. The COVID epidemic of 2020 has emphasized the importance of e-commerce, and MSRP has commissioned a rapid Rapid Review of e-commerce prospects to capitalize on this opportunity.
- The country has launched trade facilitation measures that should include a component focused on e-commerce development and cross-border e-commerce transaction facilitation. AliExpress, Amazon, ASOS, eBay, Rozetka, and Zap are some of the most popular websites. Electronics stores were among the first to open internet shops.
- There are fewer trade entrance obstacles in this sector than in traditional retail. E-commerce websites headquartered in China and the United States are particularly popular among Moldovans for online purchases of principally consumer electronics. France and the United Kingdom are the most popular destinations for footwear and clothes.
- Domestic e-commerce websites rarely accept electronic payment methods. Thus cash on delivery or wire transfers is the only options. There are a few domestic e-commerce aggregators that compare prices on products sold online (All Prices), digitize ticket sales (iTicket), distribute restaurant food (Straus), and assist in the delivery of things ordered online from a variety of foreign retailers to Moldova (Fullship, Pesoto).
- Furthermore, B2B eCommerce has a lot of promise because many online stores may be utilized by small firms to buy things. Given the government's attempts to promote electronic signatures and the usage of e-documents, there is potential for enterprises and SMEs to sell and buy online or shift procurement activities to the internet.
999.md, aliexpress.com, and makler.md are the top three e-commerce sites in Moldova. eBay.com and Amazon.com are two other popular shopping sites. These are popular sites to determine which ones, in terms of traffic volume, competitiveness, and the types of e-commerce shoppers they attract, would be the greatest fit for users' goods.
- April 2022 - Apple Pay has rolled out to three banks in Moldova, the first outlets in the country to support the technology. Apple Pay will work online so customers can pay for goods on e-commerce sites such as 999.md, makler.md, and many others across the internet in the same way.
- November 2021 - North Macedonia's e-commerce association announced that it would launch a regional platform for e-commerce information in the Central European Free Trade Agreement (CEFTA) countries with the support of the German development agency Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH (GIZ). The regional platform will represent an expansion of an e-commerce platform launched for the North Macedonian market in 2020 to the other CEFTA countries such as Moldova.
- April 2020 - According to Google Analytics, as of April 2020, the number of unique visitors was 2,800,000 people, 310,000,000 page views, and more than 500,000 ads per month. Also, 999.md is one of the five most visited sites among Internet users in the Republic of Moldova, according to Gemius.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness-Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Key market trends and share of E-Commerce of Total Retail sector
4.4 Impact of COVID-19 on the E-Commerce sales
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Several “E-commerce only” SME’s are emerging, and many brick and mortar stores are also looking to expand online.
5.1.2 Digital innovation and Moldovan Government support for the IT sector contributes to the emergence and growth of e-commerce.
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Poor & Expensive Integration of Payment Software
5.3 Analysis of key demographic trends and patterns related to the E-Commerce industry in Moldova (Coverage to include Population, Internet Penetration, E-CommercePenetration, Age & Income etc.)
5.4 Analysis of the key modes of transaction in the E-Commerceindustry in Moldova (coverage to include prevalent modes of payment such as cash, card, bank transfer, wallets, etc.)
5.5 Analysis of cross-border E-Commerceindustry in Moldova (Current market value of cross-border & key trends)
5.6 Current positioning of Moldova in the E-Commerce Industry in Europe
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By B2C E-Commerce
6.1.1 Market size (GMV) for the period of 2017-2027
6.1.2 Market Segmentation - By Application
220.127.116.11 Beauty & Personal Care
18.104.22.168 Consumer Electronics
22.214.171.124 Fashion & Apparel
126.96.36.199 Food & Beverage
188.8.131.52 Furniture & Home
184.108.40.206 Others (Toys, DIY, Media, etc.)
6.2 By B2B E-Commerce
6.2.1 Market size for the period of 2017-2027
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.7 La Redoute
7.1.8 Net Market
7.1.9 Panda Shop
7.1.11 Smad Shop
7.1.13 Sports Direct
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OUTLOOK OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Moldova E-commerce Market market is studied from 2022 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Moldova E-commerce Market?
The Moldova E-commerce Market is growing at a CAGR of 14.6% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Moldova E-commerce Market?
Makler Ltd., 999.md, Ali Express, Ebay , Amazon are the major companies operating in Moldova E-commerce Market.