Automation will be playing a major part in the growth of the retail industry, since, as they grow they push retailers to invest in automation products and services and it helps them to cut down costs and boost efficiency. These solutions also enhance the customer experience as well as the efficiency of retail store employees. There are various automated products available in the retail automation market like a barcode reader, currency counter, bill printer, cash register and kiosks which are enhancing the retailing process.
The economy of the Middle East countries grew from 3% to more than 5% in 2012 and the inflation rate has remained relatively constant. This gives the consumer more money in the hand to spend on products from the markets. Packaging and lifestyle go hand in hand. Middle East has one of the highest GDP per capita, so the consumers have more disposable income to spend on e-commerce retail, luxury retail and retail in stores.
Africa’s GDP grew from 4.7% in 2013 to 5.2% in 2014 and with the FDI growth of 16%, reaching USD 43 billion in 2014, it showed a positive economic trend. Countries across Africa, from mineral-rich Sierra Leone and Congo to agrarian economies like Ethiopia and Rwanda, have shown growth across multiple macroeconomic parameters.
The Middle East and Africa retail automation market report talk about the key factors that contribute to the growth of the market, discussing the technology overview and the trends, providing the recent developments and the products available in the market. To discuss this, the market has been segmented based on the types of category, that is, the one with partial or manual intervention or the one that is completely automated, like that of unattended terminals, along with which it is also segmented based on products like the barcode reader market, weighing scale market, currency counter market, bill printer market, cash register market, card reader market, kiosks market, self-checkout systems market among others. It also provides country-specific forecasts of the market, giving a detailed insight into the market’s performance.
Some of the major vendors manufacturing retail automation solutions like Siemens, Fujitsu, Casio, Motorola, Honeywell, Toshiba, Seiko Epson, NCR Corporation, First Data Corporation and Wincor Nixdorf have been studied and their strategies analyzed.
Factors driving this market are:
- Increasing retail stores
- Cost pressures and business process optimization
- Growth in retail industry worldwide
Factors restraining this market are:
- Constant watch required over kiosks
- Self-service systems cause inconvenience to some customers
What the report offers
- Market definition for the Middle East and Africa retail automation market along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the Middle East and Africa retail automation market, with country-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Middle East and Africa retail automation Market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
1.1 Key Deliverables of the study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. Technology Snapshot
6. Middle East and Africa Retail Automation Market Segmentation by Product Type
6.1 Point-of-Sale Systems Requiring Manual Intervention
6.2 Unattended Terminals
7. Middle East and Africa Retail Automation Market Segmentation by Products
7.1 Barcode reader
7.2 Weighing scale
7.3 Currency Counter
7.4 Bill Printer
7.5 Cash Register
7.6 Card Reader
7.8 Self-Checkout Systems
8. Middle East and Africa Retail Automation Market Segmentation by Industry Vertical
8.2 Oil & Gas
8.3 Transportation & Logistics
8.4 Health & Personal Care
9. Middle East and Africa Retail Automation Market by Country
9.1 Saudi Arabia
9.2 United Arab Emirates
9.3 South Africa
10. Competitive Intelligence – Company Profiles
10.1 Fujitsu Ltd.
10.2 Casio Computer Co. Ltd.
10.3 Motorola Inc.
10.4 Toshiba Corporation
10.5 Wincor Nixdorf
10.6 Seiko Epson Corporation
10.7 Honeywell International Inc.
10.8 First Data Corporation
10.9 The NCR Corporation
10.10 Datalogic S.P.A
11. Investment Analysis – Mergers & Acquisitions, Investment Outlook
12. Future of Middle East and Africa Retail Automation Market