Automation will be playing a major part in the growth of the retail industry, since the growth will push retailers to invest in automation products and services as it helps them to cut down costs and boost efficiency. These solutions also enhance the customer experience as well as the efficiency of retail store employees. There are various automated products available in the retail automation market like a barcode reader, currency counter, bill printer, cash register and kiosks, which are enhancing the retailing process.
The economy of Latin America has grown from 2.9% in 2014 to 3.5% in 2015 and 3.7% in 2016. The steady growth in this region for some years and economic policies have improved the lives of millions. The poverty rate has also declined from 42% in 2000 to 25% in 2012 and the middle class has increased from 22% to 34% at the same time. The FDI in this region received USD 173.36 billion in 2012 which is 6.7% more than 2011. This makes is a lucrative market, as the expanding middle class, the diverse retail ecosystem like Brazil’s huge market, Chile’s mid-size but sophisticated market, and small markets like Uruguay with a high level of consumption alluring the niche luxury brands, offer rewarding opportunities. However, many of these countries have few political and economic challenges like that of high fiscal deficits, and so the market outlook still remains confident. Large competition between the local and international players, especially in the markets away from the region’s capitals and economically sound cities will provide further impetus to the growth in the retail automation market.
Latin America retail automation market report talks about the key factors that contribute to the growth of the market, discussing the technology overview and the trends, providing the recent developments and the products available in the market. To discuss this, the market has been segmented based on the types of category, that is, the one with partial or manual intervention or the one that is completely automated like that of unattended terminals, along with which it is also segmented based on products like barcode reader market, weighing scale market, currency counter market, bill printer market, cash register market, card reader market, kiosks market, self-checkout systems market among others. It also provides country-specific forecasts of the market, giving a detailed insight into the market’s performance.
Some of the major vendors manufacturing retail automation solutions like Siemens, Fujitsu, Casio, Motorola, Honeywell, Toshiba, Seiko Epson, NCR Corporation, First Data Corporation and Wincor Nixdorf have been studied and their strategies analyzed.
Factors driving this market are:
- Increasing retail stores
- Cost pressures and business process optimization
- Growth in retail industry worldwide
Factor restraining this market is:
- Assistance required for customer unawareness on payment gateways which are unattended terminals.
What the report offers
- Market definition for Latin America retail automation market along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the Latin America retail automation market, with country-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Latin America retail automation market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
1.1 Key Deliverables of the study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. Technology Snapshot
6. Latin America Retail Automation Market Segmentation by Product Type
6.1 Point-of-Sale Systems Requiring Manual Intervention
6.2 Unattended Terminals
7. Latin America Retail Automation Market Segmentation by Products
7.1 Barcode reader
7.2 Weighing scale
7.3 Currency Counter
7.4 Bill Printer
7.5 Cash Register
7.6 Card Reader
7.8 Self-Checkout Systems
8. Latin America Retail Automation Market Segmentation by Industry Vertical
8.2 Oil & Gas
8.3 Transportation & Logistics
8.4 Health & Personal Care
9. Latin America Retail Automation Market by Country
10. Competitive Intelligence – Company Profiles
10.1 Fujitsu Ltd.
10.2 Casio Computer Co. Ltd.
10.3 Motorola Inc.
10.4 Toshiba Corporation
10.5 Wincor Nixdorf
10.6 Seiko Epson Corporation
10.7 Honeywell International Inc.
10.8 First Data Corporation
10.9 The NCR Corporation
10.10 Datalogic S.P.A
11. Investment Analysis – Mergers & Acquisitions, Investment Outlook
12. Future of Latin America Retail Automation Market