The pipeline system has been used since the 18th century for commercial activities. The pipelines are considered to be the safest, reliable and efficient means of transporting large quantities of crude oil, natural gas, chemicals, and water across nations. Pipeline installations are critical infrastructure of high importance and value, and a threat to it can have a significant effect on meeting the needs of people, organizations and can cause harm to the environment.
The Latin America pipeline security market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 12.2% in the forecast period 2016 - 2021. To deal with rising security threats in the form of terrorist attacks, sabotage, illegal tapping, and cyber-attacks, governments across the world are working towards formulating and implementing strategies to keep the pipelines safe from these threats. Consequently, it is essential for organizations to deploy comprehensive solutions maintaining the requirements of the government compliance, policies and regulations. Manual inspection or presence of armed guards is not a solution for pipelines running in thousands of kilometers as most of the pipeline network is buried underground.
Advanced technologies and solutions like SCADA, aqua-based systems, DAS (Distributed Acoustic Sensing), unmanned aerial vehicles, and video surveillance have become a necessity to secure the pipelines. The Latin America pipeline security market is segmented based on the following criteria: products (natural gas, crude oil, hazardous liquid pipelines/chemicals, water and others), technology and solutions (unmanned aerial systems, perimeter security/intruder detection, electro-optic systems, ground sensors, PIG location monitoring, sub-aqua systems, video surveillance, control systems and others) and countries (Brazil, Mexico, Venezuela and others).
The market study has listed a few major market players and their growth strategies & market shares. The key global market players include Alstom, ABB, Schneider Electric, Honeywell, Siemens, Thales Group, GE, Bae Systems, Esri, Huawei, Sightlogix, Skywave, Future Fibre Technologies and Senstar.
- Increased spending of oil and gas companies
- Increased world-wide demand for natural gas
- Rising political instability in Middle East region
- Scattered facilities
- High implementation and maintenance costs
- Need for secured midstream solutions in APAC and Latin America region
Key deliverables of the study
- Market definition of Latin America pipeline security in the market along with market drivers and restraints.
- Market segmentation and the corresponding market share analysis.
- Country-specific competitive market analysis of Latin America pipeline security.
- Analysis on the key factors that influence the market scenario along with the growth opportunities.
- Identifying the market leaders and analyzing their strategic moves and their market share.
- Covers the market landscape with the geographical footprint, key growth strategies and competitive market share analysis.
- This report provides in-depth analysis for the Porter’s five forces of the market. All these five major factors in the market have been quantified using the internal key parameters governing each of them
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Research Methodology
1.4 Key Findings in the Study
1.5 Market Definition
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Dynamics
3.1 Market Overview
3.2 Market Drivers
3.3 Market Restraints
3.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.5 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
3.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.5.4 Threat of Substitutes
3.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4. Technology Snapshot
5. Global Pipeline Security Market Segmentation and Forecast
5.1 By Products
5.1.1 Natural Gas
5.1.2 Crude Oil
5.1.3 Hazardous Liquid Pipelines/Chemicals
5.2 By Technology and Solutions
5.2.1 Unmanned Aerial Systems
5.2.2 Perimeter Security
5.2.3 Electric-Optic Systems
5.2.4 Ground Sensors
5.2.5 PIG Location Monitoring
5.2.6 Sub-Aqua Systems
5.2.7 Video Surveillance
5.2.8 Control Systems
5.3 By Country
6. Competitive Intelligence – Company Profiles
6.1 GE Grid Solutions SPA
6.1.2 Products and Services
6.1.3 Financials (USD Million)
6.1.4 Recent Developments
6.2 ABB Ltd.
6.2.2 Products and Services
6.2.3 Financials (USD Million)
6.2.4 Recent Developments
6.3 Optasens Ltd.
6.3.2 Products and Services
6.3.3 Financials (USD Million)
6.3.4 Recent Developments
6.4 Honeywell International, Inc.,
6.4.2 Products and Services
6.4.3 Financials (USD Million)
6.4.4 Recent Developments
6.5 Siemens AG
6.5.2 Products and Services
6.5.3 Financials (USD Million)
6.5.4 Recent Developments
6.6 Thales S.A.
6.6.2 Products and Services
6.6.3 Financials (USD Million)
6.6.4 Recent Developments
6.7 General Electric Co.
6.7.2 Products and Services
6.7.3 Financials (USD Million)
6.7.4 Recent Developments
6.8 Bae Systems, Inc.
6.8.2 Products and Services
6.8.3 Financials (USD Million)
6.8.4 Recent Developments
6.9 Environmental Systems Research Institute, Inc.
6.9.2 Products and Services
6.9.3 Financials (USD Million)
6.9.4 Recent Developments
6.10 Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
6.10.2 Products and Services
6.10.3 Financials (USD Million)
6.10.4 Recent Developments
6.11 SightLogix, Inc.
6.11.2 Products and Services
6.11.3 Financials (USD Million)
6.11.4 Recent Developments
6.12 SkyWave Mobile Communications, Inc.
6.12.2 Products and Services
6.12.3 Financials (USD Million)
6.12.4 Recent Developments
6.13 Future Fiber Technologies Ltd
6.13.2 Products and Services
6.13.3 Financials (USD Million)
6.13.4 Recent Developments
6.14 Senstar Corporation
6.14.2 Products and Services
6.14.3 Financials (USD Million)
6.14.4 Recent Developments
7. Investment Analysis
7.1 Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
7.2 Investment Outlook
8. Future of Latin America Pipeline Security Market