The global inertial systems market in industrial OEM applications is expected to register a CAGR of 15.60% over the forecast period (2018 – 2023). The scope of the market covers various holistic solutions for industrial applications offered by the leading vendors of the market.
The integration of GPS technology with inertial navigation systems has a widespread usage in industries. This integration of technologies has fulfilled the requirements of industrial and agricultural applications. Latest technologies, such as the global positioning systems, are allowing industrial robots to move around the world. GPS coupled with inertial navigation systems applications are booming in the field of MEMS and are impacting the robotics, from the simple automated applications to complex airplane control systems. Robotics will remain acentric in the coming decades owing to an increase in the scientific research and the snowballing demand for more affordable and convenient methods of accomplishing common tasks.
Growing Adoption of Automation Across The Industries
With technologies like DCS, PLC, SCADA, and MES, automation equipment has become more sophisticated while allowing complex actions at low operating costs. This, coupled with the advances in sensor technology, has started the era of smart manufacturing. With an abundant potential for energy saving and an overall production cost reduction from the supply side, factory automation has witnessed an increased adoption across the globe. While markets in North America and Europe have witnessed a greater penetration, developing economies of Asia-Pacific and Latin America present huge opportunities for the adoption of automation. Further, the developing countries, like Brazil, India, and China, are focusing on manufacturing to increase their industrial output to support and drive their economy forward. All these factors are expected to augment the growth of the inertial systems market in industrial OEM applications.
Europe to Hold the Largest Market Share
European manufacturing & industrial sector are one of the most technically advanced and innovative industrial sectors in the world. Additionally, European manufacturing is a dominant element in international trade, leading the world in the areas of automotive, machinery, and agricultural engineering. The recovery of the European market from the economic crisis has enabled the increased adoption of automated technologies, which would enable the optimal use of resources and increase process efficiency. Specific integrated solutions, based on the adoption of new policy reforms with respect to safety and quality, are expected to ensure significant growth in industrial automation, thereby, driving the market for industrial inertial systems.
- November 2017 - Analog Devices included five new high-performance inertial measurement units to address the navigation and safety-related needs for a range of industrial applications in emerging markets, while also aiming to reduce the system’s complexity and cost. These new products are aimed at expanding the company’s product portfolio in industrial inertial systems.
- May 2017 - TDK acquired a majority share of the inertial sensor and MEMS vendor, Tronics. With the acquisition, TDK has aimed at strengthening its innovation and expand its range of sensors and use the Tronics brand to market these components.
Major Players: Analog Devices Inc., Northrop Grumman Corporation, Safran Group (Colibrys Switzerland) Ltd, Rockwell Collins, Inc., Honeywell International Inc., Invensense Inc., Ixbluesas, Kearfott Corporation, KVH Industries Inc., Thales Group, Xsens Technologies B.V., Sparton Corporation, Epson Europe Electronic, TDK Corporation, and Vector NAV., among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future inertial systems market in industrial OEM applications outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Identifying the segments that are expected to dominate the market
- Identifying the regions that are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Executive Summary
2. Research Methodology
2.1 Study Deliverables
2.2 Study Assumptions
2.3 Research Methodology
2.4 Research Phases
3. Market Analysis
3.1 Market Overview
3.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
3.2.5 Competitive Rivalry
3.3 Value Chain Analysis
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Drivers
4.1.1 Increasing Penetration of Automation in Manufacturing Plants
4.2 Market Restraints
4.2.1 Operational Complexity Coupled With High Maintenance Costs
5. Technology Snapshot
6. Global Interial Systems Market In Industrail OEM Applications Segmentation
6.1 By Component
6.2 By Type
6.2.1 Attitude Heading Reference System (AHRS)
6.2.2 Inertial Positioning and Orientation Systems
6.2.3 Inertial Measurement Units (IMU)
6.3 By Region
6.3.1 North America
6.3.4 Middle East and Latin America
7. Competitive Intelligence - Key Vendor Profiles
7.1 Analog Devices Inc.
7.2 Bosch Sensortec GmbH
7.3 Safran Group
7.4 Honeywell International Inc.
7.5 Invensense Inc.
7.6 Ixblue SAS
7.7 Kearfott Corporation
7.8 KVH Industries Inc.
7.9 Meggitt PLC
7.10 Northrop Grumman Corporation
7.11 ST Microelectronics
7.12 Silicon Sensing Systems Ltd
7.13 UTC Aerospace Systems
7.14 Rockwell Collins
7.15 Vector NAV
7.16 Thames Group
7.17 Epson Europe Electronics
*List not Exhaustive
8. Investment Analysis
9. Future of the Global Inertial Systems Market In Industrial OEM Applications Market