- The Middle East and African fluoropolymer market are expected to grow at an estimated CAGR of 5.98%, over the forecast period of 2019 to 2024.
- Some of the major factors driving the growth of the market studied are the superior chemical resistance and thermal characteristics of fluoropolymers and their increasing applications in a wide range of end-user industries, especially the oil & gas and chemical processing sectors in the Middle East and Africa region.
- Hazardous Working Conditions are expected to hinder the growth of the market studied.
Scope of the Report
The fluoropolymers market report includes:
|Automotive & Transportation|
|Building & Construction|
|Electrical & Electronics|
|Other End-user Industries|
Key Market Trends
Superior Chemical Resistance and Thermal Characteristics
- Fluoropolymers are in demand for their use in several industries, as they possess many desirable qualities. In the industrial application, their exceptional resistance to high temperatures, chemical reaction, corrosion, and stress cracking properties facilitate their use, mostly as films and coatings.
- Products made with fluoropolymer resins have exceptional resistance to high temperatures, chemical reaction, corrosion, and stress-cracking. The mechanical toughness, electrical, and low-friction properties make it the preferred plastic for a host of applications and different processing techniques. Industrial uses for fluoropolymers include the following application areas: architectural, fabrics, automotive uses, cabling materials, food processing, pharmaceutical, and biotech manufacturing, and semiconductor manufacturing.
- As fluoropolymers show superior chemical and thermal resistance they show the following benefits:
- Longer lifetime of a sealing solution
- Extending the periods between routine maintenance
- Reducing the risk of unplanned downtime and environmental issues
- Fluoropolymers help in reducing overall cost, increasing the productivity of a manufacturing or chemical processing plant and facilitates improved safety.
- Performance improvements throughout the value chain of a specific sector are as a hallmark of an advanced industrial manufacturing process. Continuous use of highly aggressive media and extreme operating temperatures in various industrial processes is increasing the demand for high-performance polymers.
Saudi Arabia to dominate the market in Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia is one of the largest producers of oil and gas in the world. The demand for fluoropolymers is likely to increase with rising investment in the oil and gas sector.
- Saudi Arabia has emerged as a rapidly growing energy consumer in the Middle East region. The high national industrialization program, in addition to the rapid urbanization, has led to an increase in power demand by 7-10%, Year-on-Year. Turbines, pumps, bearings, fans, compressors, gears, and hydraulic systems, utilize a significant volume of fluoropolymer coatings in the power generation sector. Many new power generation projects are in the offing, which in turn, will result in a modest rise in the demand for fluoropolymer coatings in the country.
- There is an increase in the constructions of hotels, recreational facilities, and other public infrastructure in the country, to cater to the increasing number of tourists. Government initiatives, such as the Saudi Arabia Vision 2030 are expected to support the growth of the commercial building activities at a significant growth, in the coming years. Growing construction activities in the country will increase the consumption of fluoropolymers in the country.
- Middle East & Africa fluoropolymer market is consolidated in nature. Strong backward integration of major manufacturers such as Solvay, DowDuPont, and AGC creates a stiff competition in the market.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Superior Chemical Resistance and Thermal Characteristics
4.1.2 Applications in a Wide Range Of End-user Industries
4.2.1 Hazardous Working Condition
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porters 5 Force Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.3 FEP(fluorinated ethylene-propylene)
5.2 End-User Industry
5.2.1 Automotive & Transportation
5.2.2 Building & Construction
5.2.3 Industrial Equipment
5.2.4 Chemical Processing
5.2.5 Electrical & Electronics
5.2.6 Other End-user Industries
5.3.1 Middle East & Africa
126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
188.8.131.52 South Africa
184.108.40.206 United Arab Emirates
220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 AGC Chemicals Americas, Inc.
6.4.3 Arkema SA
6.4.4 Daikin Industries Ltd
6.4.5 Dongyue Group
6.4.6 DowDuPont Inc.
6.4.8 Freudenberg Sealing Technologies
6.4.10 Parker Hannifin Corp
6.4.11 Quadrant AG
6.4.12 Shanghai Fluoron Chemicals Co.Ltd
6.4.13 Solvay SA
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Growing Automotive and Aerospace Industries