|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia-Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The demand response management system market is expected to register a CAGR of more than 6.8% during the forecast period, 2022-2027. The COVID-19 pandemic temporarily disrupted the market in the form of difficulties in equipment sourcing and installation. Furthermore, the pandemic caused disruption in the operation of commercial and industrial facilities, which in turn served as a blow to the demand response management system market. In terms of growth of the market, factors such as enhanced cybersecurity, integration of sources of power generation, and scope of financial incentives are expected to act as drivers of the market. However, concerns such as hacking or extraction of data related to the end-user industries may restrain the market growth during the forecast period.
- The automated demand response management system is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period, owing to the increasing deployment of smart grids all over the world.
- The advent of industrial 4.0 and the integration of smart grid technologies in the existing grid structure are expected to create ample opportunities for the market players in the coming years.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period, with the majority of the demand coming from countries like Japan, India, etc.
Scope of the Report
The demand response management system market report includes:
|Conventional Demand Response|
|Automated Demand Response|
|Middle East & Africa|
Key Market Trends
Automated Demand Response Management System Type to Witness Significant Growth
- The automated demand response management system helps simplify communication during the event, which leads to faster reaction times and more energy savings. This rapid reaction helps limit distortions between the wholesale and retail markets and helps keep prices lower for everyone.
- Automated demand response can be used by commercial, government, industrial and institutional enterprises to maximize energy savings or develop an additional source of revenue.
- Automated demand response management systems, coupled with on-site generation such as geothermal, solar, wind, biomass, or landfill-gas-to-energy, provide the off-grid power needed to keep facilities running while reducing the use of energy from the grid. Moreover, automated demand response management systems offer the greatest control, allowing customers to automatically or remotely manage energy consumption at peak demand.
- In June 2021, Tata Power-DDL partnered with energy management solution provider Autogrid to pilot the acceptability of consumer demand response. The first phase of the program ran for three months till the end of September 2021, and involved 4,000 residential customers with smart meter connections. Based of the acceptance and outcomes, the program will be extended in a phased manner to other areas. One of these is automated demand response management systems, leveraging residential air conditioning systems and HVAC systems at commercial and industrial sites.
- Furthermore, this segment witnessed the OpenADR Alliance, which was created to standardize, automate, and simplify demand response. This alliance is enabling rapid development in automated demand response management systems.
- On the other hand, the Australian government plans to reduce 26-28% of the greenhouse emissions by 2030, from the level of 2005, by promoting the integration of cleaner energy sources into the grid and energy efficiency measures, such as smart grid and ADRMS implementation, to effectively manage the increasing peak load in the country.
- Thus, based on the above-mentioned factors, the automated demand response management system type is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific to Witness Significant Growth
- The market for demand response management systems in the Asia-Pacific region is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period, as a large number of countries in the region are modernizing their electrical grids.
- The Japanese demand response management systems market is expected to witness robust growth in the near future on account of structural reforms in the country’s power sector, which are aimed at market liberalization. Furthermore, the planned closure of nuclear power plants in the country necessitates the demand response programs in the country.
- In August 2020, Enel X Japan expanded its business operations in Japan. The company will provide demand response systems and virtual power plant services across new regions, aggregating even more energy load to provide critical services to the nation's electricity grid. The company expanded its operation to offer over 200 MW of demand response management services to the entire country.
- India is also seeing rapid adoption of smart grid technologies to modernize its electrical grid to manage demand-supply mismatch. In February 2022, the Madhya Pradesh government secured a loan of EUR 140 million from KfW to expand and modernize its electricity network by deploying smart meters and smart grid technologies. The smart meters to be installed in the project are likely to record consumer energy usage data in near real-time for the development of personalized energy efficiency recommendations to ensure demand response use cases such as Time-of-Use tariffs.
- Therefore, factors such as increasing efforts to modernize the power sector across the regions by the governments of respective countries are expected to drive the market studied during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The demand response management market is moderately consolidated. Some of the key players in this market include ABB Ltd, Schneider Electric SE, Siemens AG, General Electric Company, and Enel SpA.
- In February 2022, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) offered its suite of sustainability solutions consisting of TCS Clever Energy, Intelligent Power Plant, and TCS Envirozone to help organizations gain insights into energy usage and reduce waste and emissions. TCS Clever Energy addresses various key functions, including demand response.
- In July 2020, Enel X launched a demand response program in Taiwan. The company partnered with a diverse group of demand response customers, including cold storage, food processing, manufacturing, and industrial facilities. Such businesses are participating in Enel X's virtual power plant, which offers its demand response management services to the Taiwan Power Company.
Table of Contents
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Study Assumptions
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET OVERVIEW
4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast in USD million, till 2027
4.3 Recent Trends and Developments
4.4 Government Policies and Regulations
4.5 Market Dynamics
4.6 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.6.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.4 Threat of Substitutes Products and Services
4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 System Type
5.1.1 Conventional Demand Response
5.1.2 Automated Demand Response
5.2.1 North America
5.2.4 South America
5.2.5 Middle East & Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 ABB Ltd
6.3.2 Siemens AG
6.3.3 Honeywell International Inc.
6.3.4 Schneider Electric SE
6.3.5 AutoGrid Systems Inc.
6.3.6 General Electric Company
6.3.7 EnerNOC Inc.
6.3.8 Johnson Controls International PLC
6.3.9 Itron Inc.
6.3.10 Enel SpA
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Demand Response Management System Market market is studied from 2019 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Demand Response Management System Market?
The Demand Response Management System Market is growing at a CAGR of >6.8% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Demand Response Management System Market?
Asia-Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Demand Response Management System Market?
Asia-Pacific holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Demand Response Management System Market?
General Electric Company, Enel SpA, ABB Ltd, Siemens AG, Schneider Electric SE are the major companies operating in Demand Response Management System Market.